Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Which wrestler can make the biggest fart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cocaine and steroids, there I solved the mystery

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I'm explaining some pro wrestling history to my boyfriend now that he's huge into AEW so I wanted to ask the experts for some examples:

What's Arn Anderson's best match?

What's Tully Blanchard's best match?

What's the best match/clip to show off the original Four Horsemen?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

MrBling posted:

Arn was mainly a tag team wrestler so all his great matches are going to be tag matches but here goes:

Arn Anderson/Ole Anderson vs. Rock n’ Roll Express - Starrcade 1986. Cage match.
Doom vs. Arn Anderson/Barry Windham (Street Fight) - Starrcade 1990. Street fight.
Ric Flair/Arn Anderson vs. Brian Pillman/Steve Austin (2/3 falls) - Clash of the Champions 23.
Ric Flair/Arn Anderson vs. Vader/Steve Austin - WCW Saturday Night - November 13th, 1993.

and of course, Arn and Tully was the main tag team in the Four Horsemen and they had a bunch of good to great matches.

As mentioned, definitely watch the Tully vs Magnum TA "I Quit" cage match from Starrcade 85. That is a brawl and a half.

As for something showing off all the Horsemen, you can't go wrong with the Wargames matches they're in.

Promos and stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJIjm063yyk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4j7jHUyf0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvF9l13WK2s

Thank you friend, hopefully this will force him to actually learn their names rather than just shouting "Everyone's Dad" for Tully and "Everyone's Daddy" for Arn

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khdezq1z1Mc

Was this scripted? Or did Vince McMahon actually allow Daniel Bryan to come up with his own promo? I ask because as we all know, Vince hates the term "professional wrestling".

A tiny handful get creative control over most of their promos, Bryan and I think Bray being the obvious ones

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't Sandman also almost become the RAW GM before it wound up being Regal or someone else? I feel like Sandman had a couple of real close calls of doing things in WWE that would have been interesting in a new and bizarre way, but then he missed out.

Wonder why that happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uCHRR8_uk

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I'm watching Okada vs. Omega and in the third part of the match, Omega seems to use Ibushi's move (some sort of pile driver/scary head thing), and the announcers freak out over it. They then talk about some poo poo that happened 10 years ago, something about a move done in a Japanese ring and Kota being Japanese himself (I'm not very good at the language so I might be wrong), and Omega uses (I think?) another one of Ibushi's moves.

What were they talking about re: 10 years ago (relative to 2018)? And is it really that big a deal that a wrestler uses a different wrestler's move?

EDIT: Rewatched, and I think I misheard an important verb (盗まれている vs 結ばれている), so I guess it's just them being all :swoon: over their relationship. The 10 years thing I'm still curious about.

Kenny and Kota have one of the best long form storylines going in wrestling. The story is that they're shoot in love and are horny as hell for loving each other because they're both impossibly hot dudes.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Spikegal posted:

Kenny also has an interest in AEW doing good well after his retirement since he is one of the main people behind the company. Frankly it's really unselfish of him to not be the top star right away. This company is built around unselfish people.

Kenny actually said during an early interview that he actively doesn't want to be the company ace and is happy to step back and just participate in good matches with good wrestlers.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Von Linus posted:

Unless he doesn't want the pressure or something.

It's 100% this. He's doing a bang-up job scouting talent for the women's division and having fun little hardcore one-offs. Let the artist work, if he wants to hold the belt for awhile in a year or two I'm sure they'll be happy to let him.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

surf rock posted:

What're the best video packages produced in wrestling, with major bonus points for spot-on music selection?

There are two feud videos that come to mind for me:

- Stone Cold vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania XVII - Limp Bizkit, "My Way"
- Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - Wrestlemania XXVI - Placebo, "Running Up That Hill"

And then there are another two that are less about the particular match and more about telling the wrestler's story that come to mind, too:

- The Miz - Wrestlemania XXVII - Nas, "Hate Me Now"
- Daniel Bryan - Wrestlemania XXX - Imagine Dragons, "Monster"

Any more great ones come to mind in either of those genres?

Lmao you can watch as their long term booking gets slowly worse and worse

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shine posted:

All I know of Imagine Dragons is that song I overhear at work that sounds like, "wrap me up and throw me up the river *tsh tsh* the river *tsh tsh*"

That's a Billy Bass

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sionistic posted:

The angle is completely retarded

Dude.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

I'm just comparing them as them both being seen as alternatives to WWE when they first formed. I don't remember much of early TNA aside from them having dancers and some relatively decent workers like Punk... and Daniels among others

I just remembered Sonny Siaki and the flying Elvises. Man,what the hell was that, TNA.

TNA had a little person named "Puppet The Midget Killer" masturbating in a trash can and threatening to rape a female interviewer. It's not a good comparison.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Here's a wrestling question; whatever happened to that super long list that consisted of every baffling/insane/racist/lazy/cheap thing TNA ever did in chronological order.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Hello old friend

quote:

Tony Schiavone debuted, turned heel, had a job promised to him by Russo and... never showed up in TNA again (Smart man). This entire segment lasted a good ten minutes and achieved absolutely nothing. Fan signs clearly shown throughout this segment included "WHO CARES?" and "The 'Total Nonstop Action' has officially stopped".

This poo poo has aged like fine wine

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Makai is wonderful, and a bunch of their shows are online. Imagine a mythological play set in the afterlife, taking place in a wrestling ring, with heavy metal accompaniment and LARP weapons. A section from a recent show can be found here, and lots of their full shows are on their youtube account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHGLyAm6k4

gently caress you for showing this to me because now I'm all in addicted to it and can't stop watching. I hope you're happy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Yukaichiban posted:

Interested in this but felt it isn't thread worthy; if wrestling died tomorrow and we knew it was happening in some weird hypothetical, what do you want the final wrestling match ever to be?

Nick Gage v David Arquette

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Test may be gone but his theme will live forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Any excuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1ScIBpUq0

Also it's important to note that Meanie was being 'punished' for breaking a dumbass rule that he didn't know existed with a plane ticket that was purchased for him by the company. He had been busted open hardway by accident a few nights before and JBL specifically targeted the staples Meanie still had in the back of his head. JBL got socked multiple times in retaliation by a team of Sandman and Tracy Smothers of all people. Tracy didn't even know what had happened he just wanted to beat JBL for being a dickhead.

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 15, 2020