Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Taker should do pageants

Just teach him how to vogue. He should already be able to do a death drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Is there a promotion with English commentary and a simple way to watch shows on demand? I really enjoyed AEW when it was new and I could watch a lot of content (and lived in Florida and got to see multiple live shows but), but once it required cable or dealing with a vpn I completely fell off. TJPW is cool but they have like 5 old shows with English commentary.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

forkboy84 posted:

New Japan has English commentary on almost every show now for about $7.20 a month depending on the exchange rate from Yen. There's some AEW on there too but ignore it unless you're in Japan

Has this changed in the past few years? I didn't bother checking NJPW because I thought I remembered that back in 2019~2020 they didn't have much English

e: and I'll check some of the others out, too. Thanks, y'all!

e2:

fez_machine posted:

Chocopro/Gatoh Move has the worst quality streaming in the biz but every show has English commentary and is free on youtube (sometimes the matches are very good)

Am I missing something because I clicked around a few of their YouTube videos and couldn't find any English commentary

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 13, 2023

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

It's odd to think that was your impression of NJPW in 2019, as I believe all the tournament tours had English on almost every show, especially the G1 and BoSJ.

Yeah, I guess I was just wrong lol. Thanks again everyone

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ChrisBTY posted:

The NFL would have suspended him multiple games for that spot.

Have there been any gimmick matches where the goal was to win some kind of sports game but with wrestling allowed

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I'm not sure exactly how it would work, maybe with some number larger than 4 wrestlers, but has there ever been a match where there aren't tag teams but only two wrestlers are allowed in the ring at a time but can tag in any arbitrary wrestler

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Everyone knows the Steiner math promo, but was the match at sacrifice any good?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I fell out of wrestling for decades when Goldberg started tackling people and that was supposed to be more devastating than like slamming someone on their head

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I don't think any television product can reach the highs of television products from that era ever again, due to fundamental changes in technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
It would be funny if a wrestler had a gimmick of calling spots as in character trash talking.