Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Can somebody explain these stories in greater detail for me?

What was the deal with Suigi planting drugs on Io Shirai and her boyfriend (??) and how was AAA involved?

What happened in the fight between TARU and Super Hate which lead to Voodoo Murders being disbanded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
That's got to be some kind of rib on Edge.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What's the heat between New Japan and The Elite? Is it because the Elite all jumped ship in January? In particular there's bad blood between Kenny and Tanahashi?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Perfect time to change that, Meltzer gave JJ vs HBK at In Your House 2 ****1/2

This is probably the best WWF match of '95.

Fake edit: except for Bret/Bulldog.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Spirit Squad gave us this.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Santino was out popping William Regal on a Raw in Manchester I went to in 2008, he was great.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Max Coveri posted:

Whatever happened to Hade Vansen?

I am a fan of the old British cop show, the Bill and I watched an episode first broadcast in 1999 and Hade Vansen was listed on its IMDb page. I couldn't spot him on the screen though.

That's my Hade Vansen story.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Ric Flair has as always been referred to as 16 time world champion. His video from this week had 17 time champion on it. Which of Flair's 21 reigns have WWE decided to acknowledge? And why don't they count all his reigns anyway?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Goldust? He's got to be in the discussion if we're talking wrestlers who are still active.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The UK scene on cagematch is pretty good because I went to a ton of shows that are listed on cagematch and only one I can't find.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Tazz and Lawler had a decent strap match although I'm biased as Raven made his debut in this match.

Speaking of Raven: I remember back when he came to WWF in 2000 there were rumours that he was going to be revealed as the mastermind behind Right To Censor and that he was also going to be part of the backstory between Undertaker and Kane. I can't find a single person who remembers either of these things being discussed.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Dr Stevie was pretty good in TNA.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Luger saying he "knew" the NWO Sting was the real Sting because he looked into his eyes was the shittiest thing any wrestler has ever done.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Just put him back in the mask

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Watch that Sting promo where he has his back to the camera and abandons WCW.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Mayweather v McGregor was for the linear brawl 4 all title.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I've seen some guys who went on to become names jobbing on the 92 episodes of Superstars.

Perry Saturn, Headbanger Thrasher, Jason Knight. Probably more.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Jeff also carried King Mabel on his throne in 95.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The best Big Show was when he was punching people in the face and teaming with Jericho.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The NXT UK/Britwres story is fascinating to me. I am a fan of the NXT UK guys getting paid and having more exposure. But they're no longer allowed to work independent dates at all anymore? Plus I'm not a massive fan of Progress and Jim Smallman is an odious man who spends far too much time talking about himself and his "comedy" career when he should be announcing a wrestling show. But then again, he's leaving Progress to work at NXT UK full time I hear.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

TheCool69 posted:

Thinking about Seth and Fiend and how lame ot really was, I want to know some real blood feuds or rivalries that had real heat and satisfying and beliavable end?

Austin v HHH back in the day was this for me.

Fully Loaded 99: HHH wins a 1 contenders match against the Rock. Stone Cold retains the WWF title against Undertaker in a first blood match, finally ending his feud with Vince McMahon who is exiled from WWF.

Summerslam 99: after weeks of debate and chaos about who the number one contender is, Mick Foley wins the WWF title in a triple threat match also featuring HHH and Austin.

Raw: the night after Summerslam, HHH pins Foley to win his first world title. Apparently Austin didn't like HHH irl and refused to drop the title to him directly.

Unforgiven 99: not too clear on the details here but HHH wins a six pack challenge match to retain the WWF title.

No Mercy 99: Austin traps HHH in a room with rattlesnake. HHH barely escapes but lets the world believe that he was mutilated by the snake as a ruse to ambush Stone Cold. At the No Mercy main event, Austin beats the hell out of HHH but loses thanks to botched interference from the Rock

Survivor Series 99: Austin gets run over by a mystery assailant, later revealed to be Rikishi who was doing it for Da Rock. Austin is injured for most of 2000. HHH goes on to marry Stephanie, reform DX, retire Mick Foley, feud with the Rock/Jericho/Angle and turn face by default.

No Mercy 00: Austin returns from injury and beats Rikishi within an inch of his life. HHH was a face at the time and I think had a match against Benoit?

Survivor Series 00: Rikishi reveals he has an accomplice in his devious schemes. A mysterious black gloved individual has been trying to murder Austin by trying to drop pianos and anvils on him. While Austin is getting a beat down from Rikishi and Kurt Angle, HHH runs out to make the save (HHH hates Angle). HHH then attacks Austin and places a black glove on, revealing HE ordered the hit and run last year. Austin and HHH face off at Survivor Series in a pretty lovely match where Austin again gets all the offence in. HHH and his new hitmen, the Radicalz attempt to lure Austin into another car accident but Austin turns the tables and picks up HHH in his car using a crane and drops him from about 40 feet up. Very impressive.

Armageddon 00: HHH and Austin are bit players in the six man cage match. My memory is fuzzy here but at one point HHH returns and pedigrees Austin through the announce table, and debuts his Motorhead theme.

Royal Rumble 01: HHH decides Kurt Angle isn't a worthy WWF champion and looks to take the title away from him. Austin interfered and cost HHH the belt. HHH returns the favour and beats up Austin as he's making his way out to the Rumble match. Austin wins anyway.

No Way Out 01: The big one. Austin and HHH settle things once and for all in a two out of three falls match with each fall having a stipulation. Singles match, Street Fight and finally a Steel Cage. This is such a wonderful blow off match to an 18 month long story. Seriously go and watch it. Remembering how great this match was actually got me to renew my network subscription.

After this, Austin went on to face The Rock and HHH faced Undertaker in two more absolute bangers. Then both did the unthinkable and decided to actually TEAM UP as the Two Man Power Trip. It was a bit of a meh storyline, but apparently the plan was to revisit their feud with another match, only this time HHH would be the face and Austin the heel.

I'm sure I've missed a bunch of stuff out but for my money that's one of the best feud enders of all time.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Austin was just so good as a heel in 2002. His match at Summerslam with Angle was amazing, even with the DQ finish.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Was Jerichos original WWF theme supposed to have decipherable lyrics? It could have gone either way.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What's a loose hierarchy of weapon strikes?

1. TV cameras
2. Title belts
3. Ring bells
4. Chairs/Stairs
etc

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It travelled here from 1998

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Randy savage used this spot in late stage WCW.

Also Jerry Lawler used it in his match against Mankind at King of the Ring 97.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Cole and Tazz were actually pretty good together in 2002-2003. I'm not sure when Cole became bad. I want to say around 2010 when I started watching regularly again but surely it was before then.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Whoever Davey Boy hit the running powerslam on after and then whoever received that wrestler's finisher etc.

So probably still Davey.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Austin is a scary scary dude. Look at his 1996 and 2001 stuff, the man plays a psychotic abuser very well.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
At Wrestlemania 16 no less! https://youtu.be/m2BJDGfliAM

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
These are the interactions I could find between them on cagematch where Finlay was on the winning team. No idea who scored/ate the fall though.

David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, KUSHIDA & Ryusuke Taguchi defeat Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) (13:40)

NJPW Togi Makabe 20th Anniversary Show - TV-Show @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan

---

David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi defeat Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito) (6:57)

NJPW G1 Climax 2017 - Tag 18 - TV-Show @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan

---

David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Ryusuke Taguchi defeat Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito) (6:58)

NJPW G1 Climax 2017 - Tag 16 - TV-Show @ Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
European uppercuts should be the only legal strike.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Ok my question is: what did Juice do that resulted in him deleting Twitter?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I think Juice is better off in Japan. Was he in the same class as Finlay and Jay White? Jay has obviously been catapulted to the moon early but I feel like Finlay is getting recognition now and it's time for Juice to move up from the US title.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Giant Bernard used it I think.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Mankind also did that pulling piledriver fairly often.

And there's a Raw from early 98 where Vader performs the most wreckless and dangerous looking piledriver I've ever seen, on Kane.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This post tugged my memory so I went looking.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1010906916787249153?s=19

Jesus Christ, Vader. I have to wonder where communication broke down there. Clearly they both thought a different move was going to happen.

That's the one. It's 100% Vader's gently caress up, I can't even imagine what he thought he was doing.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Can somebody help me with clever cocktail names based on wrestlers? So far I have a Suzuki-gin and an Io Shiraz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do you ever use wrestling lingo in real life?

My friend used to have a cat named Popcorn and she was super sweet. But then for whatever reason the cats personality changed and she wasn't nice to guests anymore. I was gonna visit this friend and he said to me "by the way before you come over I gotta warn you, Popcorn turned heel."

(Popcorn attacked my head while I was sitting on the couch and she also pissed in my suitcase. But I still love her she's a good girl).

I find myself using Selling/No Selling in everyday life.