Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Which wrestler can make the biggest fart?

kelly kelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helicity posted:

Is there an effort post somewhere on how/why Inoki almost destroyed NJPW?

Not an effort post, but from what I understand, he was concerned about the rise of MMA in Japan, and wanted to have his guys prove how tough they were... in shoot fights against MMA guys.

It went about as well as you think it would.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Who do you guys think was the best OVW Booker? When it was a development territory. Why did it fail where NXT succeeded?

Cornette, until he got sick of them loving with everything

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nystral posted:

Which Lucha wrestlers who worked for WCW were the best outside of WCW?

Or to put it another way, we’re Rey Mysterio and Eddie the best lucha wrestlers WCW had to offer?

That's not really a fair question, since those are two of the best lucha guys ever

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What is Kevin Nash's best match from a workrate point of view?

vs Bret at SS95, most likely

edit: although it's close with the match with HBK where he ripped off Mad Dog Vachon's fake leg and used it as a weapon

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

ah yes that’s the one

I was reminded of it becaus I was thinking of the dumbest and worst possible ending to the cuck storyline and came up with what if the father was the ghost of Harley Race

E: or the ghost of Chris Benoit, turn it into a proper Rosemary’s Baby horror movie kind of angle

they could use the hologram technology they used with Tupac to have Benoit make an appearance.

i can't act like i wouldn't be glued to the screen while this car wreck happened, however.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JJ wasn't carried by HBK in that match, he held up his end.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty much every hair match loser has ripped off Buddy Roberts

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

He really wasn't.

:wrong:

The Cat owned :colbert:

edit: somebody call my mama

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AkumaHokoru posted:

Gonna have to side with you on this one. the cat wasnt a good wrestler but he was a great character.

:hmmyes:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So was Paul Roma really as bad people claim? I know a lot of it stems from not fitting in with the Horsemen, but putting Sid in there was loving stupid, too (in the sense that he didn't need them).

Incidentally the story of what happened with Roma on the Horsemen DVD WWE made is pretty funny, in an insanely petty sort of way: apparently, The Horsemen actually were complimentary initially, then were told Roma poo poo talked them, and they re-filmed the scenes with AA and Flair burying him.

Paul was a terrible Horseman, but he was an alright low midcarder, I guess.

I wish Austin had found his way into the Horsemen somehow. :smith:

Stunning Steve would have been perfect fit

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grain of salt because I don't remember the source, but there was supposedly an angle in the works shortly before Austin got buried after Hogan showed up, where Steve was supposed to be Flair's illegitimate son.

I think it was supposed to be a Flair vs Austin feud beginning, though, not with Steve joining the crew.

Greg Valentine also claims he was offered to be a Horseman, which actually sorta makes sense considering how close Flair and him are and how close Flair was to Greg's dad Johnny.

You can almost physically see the brakes being put on Austin as soon as Hogan, et all comes in.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steve was so entertaining during his WCW run, except for the end.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

The Hollywood Blonds becoming part of the Horsemen would've been a really smart way to keep the group relevant in the mid-90s and could've been used to springboard Austin and Pillman up the card... if Hogan, Dusty et al actually wanted to push new talent.

Flair was trying, until Hogan came in.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mark Henry talking audible poo poo during matches is the best gimmick ever.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adaptabullshit posted:

What was the purpose of having a picture of Scott Hall in the box? What was this match all about?

:russo:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Matilda got shot up with steroids by Davey Boy :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

illcendiary posted:

Is that true? Jesus

According to Bret's book, yes.

(I'm pretty sure it was Bret's book, it might have been a random old Observer)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I also think Guerrero vs Lesnar should have gotten 5

4 3/4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I just don't see how it isn't 5, unless Goldberg's run in bothers Dave that much. Its REALLY well played out, has a compelling story, Brock takes 2 crazy bumps considering he was still around 300 lbs at the time, and the right guy went over.

If you were just correcting me, I know Dave didn't give it 5. Hence my complaint.

That was a joke, referencing when people got Outraged(tm) that Dave didn't give HBK/Taker five stars that one time, I dunno what he actually gave it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

Negro Casas been working longer than Liger and more matches per year. The answer is definitely someone in Mexico. Maybe it's Mil Mascaras!

He sold in 14 of them.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of ECW, does anybody know which commercial with "IT'S TOMMY DREAMER AND BRIAN LEE, HIGH INCIDENT!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aku posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D32UuXmV-JY

It's the same commercial where "KIMONA WANALEYA DANCED ATOP THE ECW ARENA"

Thanks! :buddy: I could hear it clear as day in my head, but couldn't remember the exact commercial.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine Brad Armstrong with Brian's charisma :allears:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hogan was pushing for Yokozuna instead of Hall and Nash

gotta get my win back, brother

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SCOTT HALL AND KEVIN NASH DEBUTING ON RAW TONIGHT

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Things like this make me really miss NWA/WCW

:smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
still hilarious how much better they booked Goldberg the second time around

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4e_EeDx99U

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jake had that creepy promo about Elizabeth.

"In time, I can mold her into something even I can love." or something like that

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Cameo posted:

“I could cultivate her into something I could want!” is the capstone to that promo, and it’s somehow the least creepiest thing in the entire promo. The most is him, heavily breathing, begging Macho to bring her with him the next time they cross paths. It just builds and builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXuo6In8d_w

Yes! Thank you.

and it's just as creepy as I remember

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defiance Industries posted:

He truly was

the Sanem

:golfclap:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
used to be if somebody got over unexpectedly huge, you'd go with it and see where it went, but i guess that's too pro wrasslin' nowadays

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defiance Industries posted:

Doing something that accentuates strengths and hide weaknesses? There's no room for THAT in the Double Double E, I'll tell you that!

"That's too pro wrasslin', god drat it!" - Vince, probably

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blast Fantasto posted:

Big Show was cool and the only controversial thing on his Wikipedia page is that he once got charged with assault because he punched some belligerent rear end in a top hat so hard his jaw broke.

didn't he whip out the little show at a lady one time

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hell, his legacy would be considered a lot loving better if Vince hadn't booked him like poo poo almost his entire run.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

1999 bossman was absolutely wild

heel bossman in the late 90s is unironically one of my favorite heels of all time

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheKingslayer posted:

'With the deepest regrets, and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear that your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms
But if I could have a son as stupid as you
I'd have wished for cancer so I would die too
So be brave, and be strong, get your life on track
'Cause the old bastard's DEAD and he ain't never comin' back!'

:golfclap:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

His greatest heel move was the deviation from the meter

And he was such a good guy irl that even Jim Cornette doesn't hold loving up catching him at Night of the Skywalkers against him. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

I don’t know anything about wrestling. How do I know if a show/match/whatever I’m watching is good?

Are you enjoying it and having a good time? Then it's good. It's like any other entertainment, it's subjective.