Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The Batista vs HHH HIAC match was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Ganso Bomb posted:

Roman and Charlotte? Braun would have been if they didn't constantly cut his legs out from under him.

Roman was barely in NXT. He was more of an FCW guy.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

You should probably make a separate topic for that.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Every once in a while I'm reminded of that Disturbed song and that the lyrics sounded like "Step off 'cause you're the next woman I'm gonna kill you don't believe it but I'm betting that you will"

And I'm pretty sure the chorus is "I'M KILLING THE LIVING INSIDE YOU" which is loving embarrassing.

I'm baking the lemon inside you!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What led to the decline in popularity of women's wrestling in Japan?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Hogan vs Low Ki

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Cena buried Bray.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Shut Your Mouth was good.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What's the point of banning closed fists?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Davros1 posted:

The sport is WRESTLING, not BOXING. :colbert:

(But yeah, that's basically the kayfabe reason. They're supposed to wrestle, not punch each other.)

Then they should ban kicks too!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

A kick can knock you out too.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Edge & Christian posted:

I think the only babyface that won King of the Ring after it became a televised/PPV event instead of a special house show was Bret Hart in the first KoTR, and that was mostly to set up a feud with Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Given that Vince introduced the "King" gimmick as a rib on Harley Race (who was portrayed as a self-important buffoonish heel) and also brought in Lawler in a similar role to feud with Bret Hart, there's probably some Vince pathology about how kings think they're so much better than everyone and need to be taken down a peg, which led to the next fourteen Kings of the Ring being deluded heels.

Actually I guess Ken Shamrock was a babyface (based on him beating Jarrett and then Nation-era Rock in the tournament) when he won KOTR 1998, but that was at the height of Vince Russo influenced Crash TV and maybe they gave it to Shamrock instead of Rocky to swerve the fans. I know that within a couple of months they were teasing the Rock turning face prior to the Survivor Series Screwjob and Shamrock ended up in the Corporation by then too.

Edge was a face when he won it.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

rujasu posted:

Why do they still bother announcing that it's one fall? Like, that's the default, you don't need to tell us.

Because there are match types that involve multiple falls or no falls.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Any idea on how long the deal with TNT is for?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Fandango is injured again.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

LA Park

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Yes.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Is The Rock the only person to be undefeated against Hogan who's wrestled him more than once?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

It unfortunate that he's a chud.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Schneider Heim posted:

Jericho has never been seriously injured throughout is career. Is there a logical explanation for this, or was he just extremely lucky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZvQY9SN-xY

He says he had a back injury here.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What are the most divisive matches of all time? Matches like Kenny vs Moxley from Full Gear that some people loved and some hated.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What's the most overbooked match ever?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Corbin went from being a biker dude to a TGI Fridays Waiter to a King.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Hogan sucks but this was a great promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_rB95AiOnQ

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What are the most underrated video packages? Everybody knows the Rock vs Austin WM17 one but I prefer the 19 one:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7pps7

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What are some good moments in bad matches?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What if Stephanie McMahon never married HHH and hooked up with some other wrestler, like the Rock?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has WWE ever run shows in Japan that weren't sponsored or in affiliation with any of the big name companies, or do they generally stay out?

They do house shows every year

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They also did SD there

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What's the deal with WWE and Pro Wrestling Tees? There are several active WWE wrestlers who still sell shirts on there.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They moved to Destination America in 2015.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact!_(TV_series)#Broadcast_history

They moved to Spike in 2005 but 2007 was when it went to 2 hours.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

STAC Goat posted:

Right, so as best as I can figure the timeline is (Bold are on Impact+):

2004 to mid 2005: FS1
mid 2005: No TV, on Internet
mid 2005 to mid 2007: 1 hour on Spike

mid 2007 to 2014: 2 hours on Spike
2015 to Destination America
2016 to mid-2017: Pop TV
mid-2017 to 2018: Pop TV rebranded without "TNA"
most of 2019: Pursuit
late 2019 to present: AXS

So the 2 hour Spike deal seems like the thing missing, with the "select 2008 episodes" being the odd one.

edit: I checked and they actually have all of 2007 and the first few months of 2008. So I guess they just renegotiated something then instead of when they expanded to 2 hours? What's missing seems to be April 2008 to January 2015.

It took about 3 years for WWE to upload all of the old Raw and SD episodes on their network. Impact is probably just taking their time uploading their old stuff.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Are there any wrestling shows ever been dubbed into other languages? And I don't mean just commentary but wrestlers voices being dubbed over.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I meant an entire show being dubbed.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Has HHH ever been a good face?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Randaconda posted:

Shane has wrestled enough high profile matches, and been terrible in every single one, that I'm comfortable including him in this discussion.

Shane has had good matches like his Kurt Angle one.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Kronik's theme sounds like Love Dump by Static X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW5SWd28BUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJsQEaJUzIQ

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I watched Joe vs Kobashi recently, so I'm wondering, what are some other good matches with no commentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Trish