Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Are there any other wrestling Youtube/Video content providers other than Botchamania or BDWJ1989 worth checking out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTahKXyGYdI

pre:
¡ ~ p u r o  w a v e ~ !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Sharparoni posted:

What is the most powerful move in wrestling logic? Does anything beat the Canadian destroyer off the ladder through a table from last weekend?

seeing as it did not even end the match and the guy who took it was on his feet ≈3 minutes later i would say lots of stuff

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

not off the ropes not through a table gotch style piledriver for reasons alluded to above

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Halloween Jack posted:

Half the roster is entitled to no-sell it! It's less effective than the most widely-used and consistently successful finisher, the rollup.

i have a scoop via an intimate friend: it is not fun to be punched in the vagina

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

gangrel was so fuken cool man like not actual cool but liike wrestling cool like syxx-pac still thinks that he and his buddies wearing fubu shirts and doing decades old johnny carson bits was actual cool i do not have the heart to tell him otherwise

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

karmicknight posted:

Can some qualify for me the main differences between ‘wrestling cool’ and ‘real’ cool.

consider DDP in WCW

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So, nowadays WWE tends to tape a lot of shows at once, to the point of exhaustion for some crowds. Was it always like that, especially in the Attitude era? Sunday Night Heat was live before any PPVs but what about Sundays when there wasn't a PPV? Same for Thunder, was it big enough for its own show or did they tape it before/after something?

the wrestling wikipedia that still lists all the wrestler's finishes posted:

From early 1994 to September 1999, Raw was shown live on one Monday and then the next day (Tuesday) next Monday's Raw was taped. This meant that Raw was live one week and taped the next.

and i am p. sure they taped some of those recap shows with a few squashes for poors that could not afford the premium channels at the same deal (i was one of the poors)

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

LividLiquid posted:

I think it alternated between taped shows and live shows for a while, didn't it? Before the reboot, I mean.

i remember kevin nash giving some apologia for his disastrous run as booker wherein he breaks down how complicated it was to keep things in any kind of coherent linear order. here it is in fact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6DWhkEeDg

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i mean of all the money wcw wasted at least they got james brown out of it that time, y'know?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Defiance Industries posted:

I think Hogan doing that and the Wrestlemania 9 poo poo before that is largely responsible for the hella paranoid top faces we saw in Bret, Shawn, Austin ect. You don't see him doing that to people and take any other lesson besides "people will gently caress you if you give them a shred of a chance"

everybody thinks nash is a gently caress and do not get me wrong he is but also it turns out that if you do not realpolitik the gently caress out of your situation then you get 50/50 booked into a flavourless mush

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

why do i know zigglers shoot name why was that in my brain?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

we can just decide that gender is all made up and kill that poo poo off within one generation. we can just do that poo poo right now and there is literally no downside

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

man? woman? genderqueer? who gives a gently caress as long as you have correct opinions about new japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

lost my old email posted:

man? woman? genderqueer? who gives a gently caress as long as you have correct opinions about new japan

i think this was mansplaining but it is just that i love you all very much and am i not great at expressing it and i am sorry