Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Wasnt that because Sandman legit didnt know to get the gently caress out of the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Are there many notable instances of a wrestler going into business for themselves and changing the out come of their match in some way, instead of what was booked? I know of wrestlers deliberately removing themselves in battle royals they werent going to win, people forgetting to kick out, or promoter driven screwjobs, but have many people just decided to burn every bridge they have with a promotion and go against the booker in ring?

I was just thinking about how Ali was told at the last minute Brock was going to win MitB, and what if in that moment instead of being dumbfounded on the ladder he just decided, “gently caress this” and grabbed the briefcase. The next night he’d obviously be forced to lose or have it taken away in some extremely humiliating fashion, then be ostracized backstage and never seen on camera again. But for that one brief moment, what a helluva middle finger to vince.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Pat Patterson of the nightmare realm?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

HHH sucks

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I forget, where did the, "wins and losses don't matter" line come from? Was it some interview, or an investors call?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maybe just put up half of dusty's face

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Poasty posted:

2. What is your idea for wrestling that would make things objectively worse?

Nice try Vince, write your own drat episode!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

sticklefifer posted:

If they brought Foley in it should be for something nobody expects, like Dude Love joining the Wingmen.

Tony, I know youre reading this so do the needful

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Are there many instances of two personalities in some medium interacting where one party is seemingly trying to work and the other is clearly either not interested or taking it seriously? Something like what appeared to be happening between Ogogo/Gresham/Grace, though that also might have just been damage control from Ogogo for being an rear end in a top hat to begin with. So like legitimate heat because someone didn't appreciate the sort of, "work" the other was doing.

I've always sort of wondered what, if any, DMs or personal calls go out following say, a WWE personality bashing a former colleague/contemporary in print because Vince told them to (or assumed they had to). I know Tony Schiavone apologized to Mick Foley for the spoiler/butts in seats remark, so I would hope someone like Seth Rollins made a call or two to Mox after he initially made some of those lame comments like Mox couldn't hack it, he, "took his ball and went home," or, "tries to take food out of my family's mouth."

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Now that the G1 is over, every year I always think about someone who is, "in the club house" so to speak waiting to see if they're going to win their block because of the last match, and deciding to come out and gently caress with the finish to guarantee it. Has this happened before?

Tweak fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 19, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

no i don't think that's right

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

tbf i did forget the actual, “has someone done this before” part of the post pre edit. Basically has anyone ever hosed with a match outcome of two other wrestlers to improve their own standing?

Tweak fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 19, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Following that phenomenal SIOG vs Acclaimed match with a nuclear crowd, have there been confirmed instances of match results being changed mid match because of said crowd? Not like because of injuries or botches, but actually changed the winner because of what's happening in the arena. Though I would have to assume changing a match result and the titles is a stretch. I do always like when wrestlers pick up on it and change their heel/face dynamic.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 5, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think the complaint has come up before regarding mox, the history of Wild Thing being used by Onita not-with-standing

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

didn't Russo suggest in that DSotR episode that JBL mouthing off about how tough he was near him gave him the idea to do Brawl for All and put him in it (to get whooped)?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Last time I went to one ~6 years ago the only promo was Elias doing his guitar bit and talking poo poo. I think the matches were mostly wrestlers who were already feuding on tv, but certainly some were just thrown together. Absolutely zero question for the most part who the winners were gonna be, but generally a more fun match than they would ever air on TV.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I snuck up on a friend and gave him a running bull dog in middle school. In my memory of the moment he sorta no sold it but later I found out his gums got all cut up because of his braces and my dad took me to his house to apologize :[ Also in middle school on the last day of 8th grade some kid got pressured (I assume) to fight me at our bus stop and I gave him a kick to the gut followed by a DDT. It was the last day of school so nothing ever became of it, though for some reason I vaguely recall like an investigator or someone pretending to be one calling my house and asking me personally about what happened (it was self defense!).

Somewhat related, I was a (folk style) wrestler in high school and senior year was one of the captains so I got to help put together our team's skit for a winter sports kick off assembly. I suggested we have a regular match which I would ref, but at some point one of our other teammates would come out and interrupt it, hitting a participant in the back with a chair. When I protested, he gave me a powerbomb on the mat to end the skit. Went over great in the room, though my coach after told us something like, "in 5 minutes you destroyed the image of wrestling we're always fighting against."

Grendels Dad posted:

The best thing about having kids that are between two and six years old is that it's really really easy to powerbomb them. It's great fun. They love it, too.

can confirm, my son also has taken his share of the softest FU's, torture racks, and OWAs. Occasionally a big whiff super kick or v trigger to freak people out with the leg slap.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the 200 push ups were rough, but at least that nerd knew his place

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

they probably wanted his son to induct him

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think it's just that you shouldn't be awarding the win to someone/team for a DQ only one of the participants committed, so there are no dqs at all. That said I do like the idea of a DQ just removing a person/team entirely from a match and continuing with the remaining participants. Like a backdoor elimination match.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

on screen graphics like pure rules for warnings that when exhausted, means a wrestler can be removed from the match. HOWEVER, if they find the idol hidden around the ring, they can re-insert themselves back into the match- unless someone NOT originally in the match finds it first in which case THEY can legally enter but just with 1 warning left.

Now, you may be wondering about the basketball hoop on the right side of the stage…

This makes me think though, what’s the most convoluted match type?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

joining a faction via putting on the factions shirt, beating up the people in the faction once they turn their backs, then revealing a DIFFERENT shirt on underneath for the rival faction.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

ChrisBTY posted:

When did Kenny start using the V-Trigger? Since it's named after a game mechanic in Street Fighter V and SFV came out in 2016 did he not start using it until then? If he did did he previously call it something else?

Allegedly started to use it in January of 2016 or so, when I imagine the mechanic was known even if the game wasnt released until ~a month later. I always figured it pre dated SFV and he was referencing V-ISM or something!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I believe Taz is immune to pile drivers, a trait he passed on to his son as well.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

My wife got me a jazwares figure of our champion; adam, “hangman” page. Part of the series 4 collection with other AEW greats

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think the most you could say is TK should have been a better manager of the situation, either through reigning in punk or doing more to squash the beef with him & his perceived enemies in the california cabal. It's all Punk being Punk otherwise, though

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I would guess the answer is DDT, but has there ever been a wrestling match outside at a ski resort? The weather would be less than ideal for the usual wrestling gear, but it was something I thought about yesterday snowboarding. If it was just a match in the snow then I imagine involving Sledding would be easier, and no psychos would try to do a move off the chair lift.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Incredible, and probably painful

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I remember deactivating my account with the reason, "Roman Reigns," but I can't recall which event it was that finally pushed me over the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

ItohRespectArmy posted:

in WWE, I started to get very sick of the formulae of the matches and at a certain point started calling spots before they'd happen before I quit entirely.

[wrestler is tossed to the outside, followed by a tope suicida]

“and we’ll be right back! As Raw rolls on…”