Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

2. Who is the most famous WWE wrestler without a Wrestlemania appearance? It’s gotta be Kamala right?

Kamala was in the Gimmick Battle Royal at 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

2. Hakushi? Nope - Superstar Billy Graham.

Graham was Muraco's manager at 4.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

2. Who is the most famous WWE wrestler without a Wrestlemania appearance? It’s gotta be Kamala right?

Ivan Putski, Dick Slater, and Professor Toru Tanaka are my guesses.

Edit:

Zeus? Ludvig Borga?

Rusty Shackelford fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 8, 2019

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is a super fun question to try and nail down. It has to be someone from the 70s/80s who never quite made that leap into the Mania era.

Maybe Tony Atlas?

Battle Royal with NFL players at 2.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Yeah The Goon, Who, Alex Porteau and TL Hopper were all brought in as jobbers with gimmicks. There may have been a few others too.

Freddie Joe Floyd and Salvatore Sincere, too.

They all started around the 1996 King of the Ring.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Huge monsters like Big Show should be an occasional special attraction or the champion. Keeping them around for such a long time really kills what makes them special.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

When Flair left WCW with the belt, didn't the court rule that because he had put down collateral on it (I want to say it was $20-40,000) they had to either give him his money or give up the belt?

Did that ever go to a court? I always thought that's just what the contract said.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Who's the lineal mayor of Knox County?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

This is assuming that Kane is the first mayor of Knox County to perform in a wrestling match and I need to see proof.

Did Kane have any matches after he was elected besides the 24/7 title matches?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

What tag team had the biggest disparity in talent? And proper tag teams only don’t just say Okada and Yoshi Hashi

Andre the Giant and Haku?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

Eduoard Carpentier's kids Karen and Richard had a good run as a musical combo, didn't end well though.

This story is pretty thin. It's mostly just word vomit.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Hirez posted:

has there been any wrestler that transformed gimmicks (including name more (and not just for a few weeks run or whatever), cause thats alot.

I know this is from a few pages ago, but Crush in the WWE had 5 different gimmicks without changing his ring name.

1. 3rd member of Demolition.

2. Hawaiian surfer.

3. Foreign sympathizer aligned with Mr. Fuji.

4. Ex-convict member of the original grouping of the Nation of Domination.

5. Leader of the biker gang Disciples of Apocalypse.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
It had nothing to do with the steroid trial, which was 2 years later, especially since all of those guys were on the card.

It was just the spring house show feuds.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Everyone listed was on the card so it wasn't like they left.

And Hogan had like 10 matches in the WWF in 1992, with the last one on TV was at WrestleMania in April. He came back small in 1993.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
A first name.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
WCW would have worked some of the fights and had Asya win the whole thing.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Every era had bad names, some worked and some didn't.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Giant Gonzales
Hillbilly Jim

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Lawler with recovering alcoholic Jake Roberts.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Paul Roma got a couple of Tag title reigns, and became a Horseman.
Shane Douglas was a glorified jobber in his first WWF run, went to WCW, and won the Tag titles with Ricky Steamboat.
Dustin Rhodes was pretty much in Shane Douglas' position in the WWF, but became a much bigger star in WCW before leaving to become Goldust.

Dustin had like 2 matches in the WWF before going to WCW. I don't know if that counts.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Speaking of Big Sexy, is he the worst WWE/F world champion before... let's say 2010? Nash's strength is his charisma, but the happy smiling catchphrase-spewing babyface character clearly didn't fit him at all.

Stan Stasiak and Ivan Koloff held the title for a few weeks combined and were merely the heel of the month in the main event when they won.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I don't know if it was swapped out or not, but it was in the build-up to WrestleMania 3. I watched it on ESPN a few weeks back, and they showed that shot and it looked awful.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_kfluE-l44

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Who's the biggest name that started off as absolute bottom tier garbage but eventually became huge? Someone's gotta have gone from David Flair to any WWE headliner level.

There's always been stories about how much Hogan knew about the business when he started, including one about someone breaking his leg that is almost certainly a lie. I'd love to see his first matches.

From a technical standpoint or do you mean jobber to main eventer?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I thought Ricky Ortiz could have been big.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Stealth Tiger posted:

why did they name one of the divas "Triffany"

I think that's a typo.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Monster Kane and Corporate Kane?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's the worst gimmick to get over, such that it stands as an indictment of us as wrestling fans?

Kamala?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Why aren't the Rockers on either show?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

It's also possible Shawn and Marty were pulling some Young Bucks bullshit with nonstop travel and they flew into San Francisco to catch the plane back to Texas for a day off before flying straight back to Japan

San Antonio's only an hour away from Austin

And didn't get on either card?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

i mean isnt it possible that they showed up to work and were just too hosed up even by 1990 standards to wrestle?

But somehow continued on the tour?

It really doesn't seem like it happened as described.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

this is the period where the titles were held in really strong regard, and even then champions only seemed to muster out a handful of defenses. not because of inactivity, but because the title matches were treated like a really big deal.

Wait, DiBiase left the WWE after Summer Slam, and won the AJPW tag titles a few days later? I thought he left because he was retiring.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Terry Taylor debuted in the WWF as a face and turned heel in his first or second match, which was all part of the same TV taping.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
It always seemed like Tatanka was accidentally given an undefeated streak.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Danny Bonaduce was a Chicago C tier shock jock in 1994 and fought one of the Brady kids on the dark match before Spring Stampede 94.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

a cyborg mug posted:

made me wonder:

Are there/have there been notable mixed-gender factions that have featured a women’s tag team alongside whatever men the faction has? I mean recently there was Retribution (lmao) that had two women for about five seconds but I mean actual women’s tag teams in actually notable/successful etc. factions. Feels like it’s very commonly a bunch of men and one woman (could just be a manager too).

Jimmy Hart managed the Glamour Girls while he was managing the Hart Foundation and the Honky Tonk Man.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Do any of the 24/7 title winners count?

Rob Gronkowski? Ronda Rousey?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Owen was in WCW, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA2sQAnTleg

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Shane McMahon

Shane was in WCW on the last episode of Nitro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
The Rock and Sock Connection