Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Who do you guys think was the best OVW Booker? When it was a development territory. Why did it fail where NXT succeeded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
[renegadestyle1 will remember that]

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Please don't upset me

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
She seems to be doing ok. I don't really think she had enough presence to really bury anyway. I doubt she'll be on the WWE Divas show anymore if that's still going.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Intercontinental controls land. The world title controls all oceans (obviously...the oceans bigger).

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Randy Orton?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Flip Gordon's stupid hair.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Triple H could probably be included in that.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The power plant churned out more bad wrestlers than the performance center could ever dream of.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'd imagine writing for wrestling is right below writing for soap operas in prestige so honestly I'd be surprised if any writer cares about their ideas being steamrolled.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I dunno if it's supposed to be older themes but I like Sami Zayn's, Becky Lynch and of course Bobby Roode and Shinsuke Nakamura. I wonder how all those got left off.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Im sure Rollins gets told to same some things but im sure he defends most of it on his own. He doesn't have to have cognitive dissonance to defend WWE. Hes at the top and has been since around the time he got there and probably never saw the bad treatment WWE gets accused of.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
In a company like WWE I think Edge did unbelievably well for a guy with the body of a 13 year old.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Lamuella posted:

And AEW just made a joke out of it. Because they don't have brain worms.

I mean its not really going to hurt AEW that one of their wrestlers appeared in the crowd of the biggest wrestling company in the world.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Ive been listening to 83 weeks podcast and its been enjoyable. How much of a reliable narrator does everyone consider Eric Bischoff. He does seem to have it out for Dave Meltzer but he also makes good points. He does seem a little reluctant to ever accept much blame though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

MassRafTer posted:

One of the most unreliable people on the planet. Keep in mind he was one of the people talking to Dave both in private and in public. He also blatantly lies like the Bret Hart contract situation in 1996 which you know, is a major point in a documentary.

Sounds like you might be a dirt sheet writer.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I started losing interest in NXT around the time of Roodes championship reign. Not him specifically but just the overall show lost my interest. The last shows I remember watching before disengaging were the Roode and Roderick Strong feud.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It's so weird to me that anyone would think you'd need a heel announcers to say revolutionary things like "cheating is easier than winning cleanly". Everyone knows cheating a easier, that's why they're heels.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My favorite is when they grab the belt by the end and drag it. It shows they're to cool to hold it and they're just lugging it along looking for their next fight.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

BrigadierSensible posted:

Why is nobody mentioning Umaga and moufbelt?

Imagine how many steroid back pimples that specific part or the belt has touched

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I always felt that way because you see even guest appearances by celebrities where they're doing arm drags if they're an athlete.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What about that saudi arabia wrestler they bring out for crown jewel. Does that count?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I definitely never hear about agents. I'm sure Brock Lesnar did though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah what the hell was up with Kanes tiny little baby glove. He had a full length long sleeve spandex jump suit and the glove was so small you could still see skins between the glove and the suit.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I guess this is more about the community itself but what got you into the backstage stuff of wrestling? Why did it appeal to you? For me my first board was the gamefaqs wrestling message board.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I always thought it was funny that WWE in kayfabe hire a group of security guards that are absolutely useless and never seem to be even reprimanded.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
"Short Marty"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It seems like the more you micromanage something like a match the more obvious it will be if something goes wrong logically. I don't know enough about what matches are pre-planned or to what extent enough to know if that's true though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah you're right Kurt Angles to small it doesn't seem realistic.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Edit: wrong thread

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah the What chat was tired after about 3 weeks and it's still going strong almost 29 years later.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just rewatched the Undertaker Stephanie ministry wedding and it made me realize how out of order I remember the Attitude Era. First of all it always feels like it lasted a lot longer than it did. Also I could have sworn that happened years before Big Show came to the WWE.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It's weird hearing emotional or kind moments from Vince. CM Punk said when he was quitting Vince had tears in his eyes. I'm not sure how much of a reliable narrator Punk is but if true that's really weird from a dude who thinks sneezing is to unmasculine.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Red posted:

Does that track? I feel like Punk just up and left and never really saw anyone in person; he talked to Vince/HHH by phone, and was fired by Fedex, right?

After Punk quit/got fired, I feel like the story online was that Triple H was furious and wanted to sue him or what have you, while Vince wanted to keep the door open. I don't know what the real story there is.

In that podcast he did with Colt Cabana years ago he said he talked to Triple H and Vince after he got his concussion at the rumble and basically quit.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The Briscoes?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Haha I cant imagine thinking yourself as the victim against the big bully corporation that....saves animals across the world.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Haha thats why I love this forum. I knew once I posted that someone would come by and tell me why theyre the worst.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked that he always had tons of midcarder storylines but I do think he executed them poorly at best.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Simple. The kids will pop when Stone Cold cameos because theyll be nostalgic from his cameos now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
JBLs character/title run comes to mind first. Maybe Stone Colds heel turn to a lesser extent.