Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

GD's avatar and post history are so in lock goose step

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
in high school i homemade a jokey shirt making fun of abercrombie and had an ex tell me i just did it because i was too poor for the real thing

give me a raise

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1172538239095332864

A clip where Tim Tebow gets just about everything wrong

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

that screenshot alone is enough for me to give that the widest loving berth possible

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah those kids should all just wait and get multimillion dollar endorsement deals after they declare for the NFL draft

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Tebow’s head is too wide for that haircut

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

the mean lunch lady posted:

https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1172538239095332864

A clip where Tim Tebow gets just about everything wrong

This from the guy whose whole brand is worshiping in the most demonstrative and attention seeking ways possible.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

mactheknife posted:

in high school i homemade a jokey shirt making fun of abercrombie and had an ex tell me i just did it because i was too poor for the real thing

give me a raise

I made a t-shirt in high school that said "read this t-shirt outloud to me" and I was exactly as insufferable as you think

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

I made a t-shirt in high school that said "read this t-shirt outloud to me" and I was exactly as insufferable as you think

really any statement that starts with "i made a t-shirt in high school" isn't going to end well

i deserve nothing for all my school-aged humiliations as they were almost all self-owns in the end

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

General Dog posted:

Im just saying, the entire world knowing about my most humiliating day at school is a pretty reasonable trade for a full scholarship, but I don’t think I’d make that trade for, say, an $80 Raisin’ Canes gift card and an autographed Ken Caminiti bat.

:lol: nothing ventured, nothing gained.

General Dog posted:

Tebow’s head is too wide for that haircut

It's like one of those tiny cowboy hats held on to one's head with an elastic string.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Im just saying, the entire world knowing about my most humiliating day at school is a pretty reasonable trade for a full scholarship, but I don’t think I’d make that trade for, say, an $80 Raisin’ Canes gift card and an autographed Ken Caminiti bat.

Alright, I'm gonna need to see a soft news featurette on what happened to gauge how big a goober the kid is to decide whether this was a good gambit by the parents.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I'd rather hear what Percy Harvin thinks about it. I hate Florida but he was awesome.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Joey Freshwater posted:

There it is.

Honestly it’s a good move on their part because higher education won’t be a thing by the time this kid is college age anyway!

https://www.apnews.com/ba22eace0ec2414794c6722c5bfb5baf

The gently caress?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

kayakyakr posted:

The gently caress?

They’ll still have college football though. Kids still won’t get paid. But instead of revenue going to the school it’ll just go to the governor’s office.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Tim Tebow sucks rear end

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Tim Tebow sucks rear end

Yeah. He was awesome and I loved watching him win a lot for the Gators but he has lovely opinions and his entire brand is insufferable.

He should have the decency to just go do good work and shut the gently caress up like Wuerffel.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Tim Tebow sucks rear end

Let's not complain about Tebow too much when Jesse Palmer is still a thing.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

LLCoolJD posted:

rex grossman is the only cool florida qb

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

If I had tinnitus except my ears rang THIRDANDCALIFORNIA for the rest of my life it would be less grating than Tebow’s bullshit.

Declan MacManus posted:

rex grossman is the only cool florida qb

Wuerffel is cool and good even if he’s a total square. But yeah Grossman is the fuckin man.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LLCoolJD posted:

Jesse isn't great, but he bugs me way less than Tebow does.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Based on everything that's happened since at least 2011, I think Texas just needs to hire a new DC every year. Every time we have a new DC, our defense kicks rear end for that season and then is never that good again until we hire the next guy. Apparently it barely even matters who we plug in there, Greg Robinson and Vance Bedford were sufficient to trigger the effect.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

Jesse isn't great, but he bugs me way less than Tebow does.

I read that as Jesus isn't great...

I wish the media would just stop mentioning him at all, but unfortunately it riles up dummies like me every time they do so I really can't blame them.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I think you all are forgetting Will Grier who is the only Florida QB that really knew how to party.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

I think you all are forgetting Will Grier who is the only Florida QB that really knew how to party.

Didn't he just get busted for roids? Admirable commitment to the team but not a great party drug imo.

In my head canon Rex Grossman rolled up to every game drunk and I will not be convinced otherwise, thank you

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 13, 2019

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

When I was in Gainesville the story I heard was that Grossman pulled the "do you know who I am?" card on a bar waitress.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Didn't he just get busted for roids? Admirable commitment to the team but not a great party drug imo.

In my head cannon Rex Grossman rolled up to every game drunk and I will not be convinced otherwise, thank you

There were rumors floating around that he was a coke fiend as well.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tim Tebow prayed Aaron Hernandez would stop murdering and guess what he didn’t stop murdering. Tebow is a fraud.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tim Tebow is completely wrong about the issue but also I love him

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did Chris Leak do something awful? :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Randaconda posted:

quote:

After 2015 working in football development and youth outreach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Leak was hired as the head coach of the Edgewater Eagles high school football team at Edgewater High School in Orlando, Florida, in February 2016. Following an 0–5 start, Leak resigned from Edgewater on October 4. The next day, it was reported that Leak was under investigation by the Orlando Police Department for possible sexual assault of a minor. The police later confirmed their investigation and provided their report to Deadspin. In October 2016, the 16-year-old victim declined to press charges and the investigation was closed.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I read that as Jesus isn't great...

I wish the media would just stop mentioning him at all, but unfortunately it riles up dummies like me every time they do so I really can't blame them.

I feel the same about Jesus, tbh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Based on everything that's happened since at least 2011, I think Texas just needs to hire a new DC every year. Every time we have a new DC, our defense kicks rear end for that season and then is never that good again until we hire the next guy. Apparently it barely even matters who we plug in there, Greg Robinson and Vance Bedford were sufficient to trigger the effect.

Yeah, the offseason after that first Herman year I was like ":ohdear: what if someone hires Todd Orlando as a head coach" and now I just want someone to come in and teach his DBs how to cover someone.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of a bitch

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

vyst posted:

There were rumors floating around that he was a coke fiend as well.

insofar as one can treat the way someone plays football as an overall predictor of personality and temperament, yes absolutely i believe that

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Randaconda posted:

Already answered, but Chris Leak was also the whitest QB in Florida history. Also, coolest Florida QB is without a doubt Spurdog.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LLCoolJD posted:

When I was in Gainesville the story I heard was that Grossman pulled the "do you know who I am?" card on a bar waitress.

I wouldn’t know Rex Grossman even if he showed up on TV with his name underneath.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Rex Grossman
"Sex? Gross, man"

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I think Doug Johnson sells insurance these days.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Charlie Ward seems to be doing ok since his stroke, thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern has a 5 star #1 ranked qb transfer from Clemson who went out against Stanfird and went Full Trubisky, the 5th year walkon backup who looked at least competent is hurt, Northwestern doesn't play football as much as just try to take a 13-13 game into OT, so this game will be extremely dumb and unwatchable.

hmm well i suppose one of the punters can slip