Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

Kansas, bitch.

I used to wonder why people hate Tebow so much, since all athletes are hyper-religious and it's really not a big deal, but being anti-labor sucks rear end and is not congruent with Christianity. I mean, literally the moral of the Prodigal Son is, "It's okay when people get awarded where before others weren't, don't worry about fairness so much, it's more important people get what they need."

That is not what the Prodigal Son is about. The moral is that it doesn't matter what you did, you will be forgiven.

It can't be" don't worry about fairness" because it specifically points out that he won't get any other inheritance and the older brother will rightfully inherit everything that's is left. The older brother is getting his reward independent of whatever his brother did. That is, the division of the father's estate will still insure he is treated fairly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Someone yesterday mentioned they'd like to see a Pepe Orgeron. Whelp, here you go:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Someone yesterday mentioned they'd like to see a Pepe Orgeron. Whelp, here you go:

A mullet that would make gundy proud

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
Theology aside, the problem is the remaining idea that student athletes are doing something like "being students who happen to play a sport for fun" instead of "performing a job that people cumulatively pay billions of dollars to see".

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PostNouveau posted:

Bama introducing a loyalty program that seems to be modeled after the Chinese social credit system

https://twitter.com/holidayhqteam/status/1172244517505896453

I like this idea and think Texas should try it out too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sash! posted:

That is not what the Prodigal Son is about. The moral is that it doesn't matter what you did, you will be forgiven.

It can't be" don't worry about fairness" because it specifically points out that he won't get any other inheritance and the older brother will rightfully inherit everything that's is left. The older brother is getting his reward independent of whatever his brother did. That is, the division of the father's estate will still insure he is treated fairly.

Yeah what he’s reaching for is more like the Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Kansas just won its first road game vs a P5 opponent since 2008.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Pakled posted:

Kansas just won its first road game vs a P5 opponent since 2008.

2009, I think.

Also the most points in a road game since 1996 against Oklahoma according to Sports Center just now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Should 11-1 Kansas make the playoff? We'll debate next on Around the Horn.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

2009, I think.

Also the most points in a road game since 1996 against Oklahoma according to Sports Center just now.

Some weird synchronicities too. Like the fact that they scored one point for every road game vs. P5 schools that they'd lost since they last won. 48.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

PostNouveau posted:

Should 11-1 Kansas make the playoff? We'll debate next on Around the Horn.

Identical to tOSU losing to Virginia Tech that one season, imho. A travesty not to put them in.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

holy poo poo this thread turned to poo poo, better luck next time kiddos

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

What?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Someone loving hates Kansas

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sash! posted:

Fair point, I stand corrected. I do think my main point can probably get backed up elsewhere theologically, but more or less it's obvious that Tebow sucks.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i am beyond pleased that there is still les miles magic in this mixed up crazy world of ours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Probably Magic posted:

Fair point, I stand corrected. I do think my main point can probably get backed up elsewhere theologically, but more or less it's obvious that Tebow sucks.

Yeah, last I heard it was during Lent season last year.

edit: here ya go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Workers_in_the_Vineyard

swickles fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 14, 2019