Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Boogalo posted:

Early month, the tower is full of temporarily embarrassed celestial players so i'll see someone with that badge, level 900, in floor 8 because they feel the need to slap around some casuals. It sucks.

Used to think this too but I see so many high levels in floor 9-10 that I think theyre just getting filtered down by better celestial aspirants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Used to think this too but I see so many high levels in floor 9-10 that I think theyre just getting filtered down by better celestial aspirants.

this is me, the level like 1097 Baiken who just hangs on F10 forever cuz I get smoked by Actually Good players in Celestial in my challenges :v: I was making it in somewhat consistently late last year and early this year, but I haven't been focusing as much on that since the late spring and summer

I did put some time back into the game yesterday after having not played for a while, gotta re-learn so much after all the changes. Been on a kick learning Xrd too recently and starting to enter beginner/intermediate brackets to get more people to play to improve.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
people's performance can also vary a whole lot based on mental state, etc. like i've made celestial before but there have been days where i was tilted or exhausted and dropped to floor 8 and belonged there at the level i was playing at in that moment. it also really doesn't take long for the system to self-correct once you get back to your usual standard

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

If I play while drinking or picking an alt I always down to floor 8-9 from my usual home in 10.

It's fun to drop two floors on an alt and then go on a free 10+ streak with my main

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
completed my Celestial challenge last night by going 5-1 against the Bridget who was #5 on RatingUpdate :sickos:

this patch has made the whole game feel almost new, with how everything works. I love it. except the Youzansen change, that's lame. let me spam it on people who refuse to stand up, Daisuke

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Control Volume posted:

Ive slowly been scrabbling out of this exact rut for a while, and the best practice is when Im deliberately trying to do new sequences or hyperfocus on stuff in neutral that I typically ignore, even when I drop combos and gently caress up and get my rear end kicked (which is often)

Current goal is trying to pull off reversal grabs.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Maybe I didnt scam my way to floor 10. I seem to be getting carried by Johnny

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Good news I have training partner. Better news they seem to be able to keep up with me.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Hell yeah. That's all you need.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Playing against celestial axls has made me realize I have zero idea how to fight axl effectively

man his whole stance thingy is tough to get around

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 15, 2023

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Came back for season 3 after and it's a really really good patch imo, Johnny's game feel and animations are all so good, vault-deal prc and all his turn up and mist finer dash shenanigans are very satisfying.

That said gently caress Bridget, axl rear end buttons with ino rear end mix, got my poo poo kicked in by every single one I came across on my trek back up to floor 10

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I hate Johnny in this game cuz I don't have Azami to tell him to stop spamming Mist Finer at me

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
So i haven't really been playing fighting games, wanna get back into this one but I'm having some problems.

The game force opens on my second, tiny monitor, and even if I move it to the main monitor it goes back to the second after any load screen. I've updated my drivers, tried changing resolutions and manually moving the screen to my main monitor, closing the game while on my main monitor, all that stuff. Nothing works. The game keeps snapping back to the second monitor every time the screen changes.

Any tech savvy person knows a way to force Strive to stay on my first monitor? Game's unplayable right now and I just bought the season 3 pass too.

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 27, 2023

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
It's a bit obvious, but have you made sure your preferred monitor is set as your primary monitor in display settings (or your graphics card settings or whatever)?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I sometimes get the RE remakes randomly launching on my secondary monitor, it's a thing that happens though at least when I'm playing RE4 I can re-launch a few times and it'll stay put once it's on the right one. I'm on windows 11, so I'll pretty often just disable the second monitor whenever I'm playing something on fullscreen since I'm not planning to use it anyway.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

TGLT posted:

It's a bit obvious, but have you made sure your preferred monitor is set as your primary monitor in display settings (or your graphics card settings or whatever)?

Yeah. Most other games open just fine on the primary monitor. Once in a while I get a game that insists on opening on the second monitor, but I can just move it to the first. Strive is the only one that insists on going back to the secondary.

Edit: So I swapped the ports in the graphics card where each monitor was and that worked. Guess I should have tried that earlier.

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 28, 2023

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

How do you get over the funk that causes you to stop playing and get rusty? I'm currently seeing that the meta has been a little better for Faust but it doesn't seem that way for my noob rear end.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Seen the leaks, seems the next character is Elphelt Valentine.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

wish they would add President Vernon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Annointed posted:

How do you get over the funk that causes you to stop playing and get rusty? I'm currently seeing that the meta has been a little better for Faust but it doesn't seem that way for my noob rear end.

After like a decade of doing this with every game...You dont its who you are just have fun while you are in and root for the pros that have what you dont.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hogama posted:

:sickos:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Annointed posted:

Sometimes you're just not feeling it, that's fine. You can give other characters a try, learning a game can shift your tastes and someone new might click. I usually play better after a short break (and some de-rusting) and there's a stupid amount of good fgs to pick from right now

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Hogama posted:

going to use my connection to the collective unconsciousness to delete this thought from everyone's brain and replace it with ABA

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Runa posted:

wish they would add President Vernon

many are saying it

Joyboy
Mar 18, 2021

I'm sure everyone feels the same.
Seems like the leaks were accurate (spoilered in case someone still wants to wait)

https://vxtwitter.com/gematsu/status/1732840965931454661

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would prefer a different character but im happy for the phelties

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxMKubqMIVY

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

She looks pretty good, less annoying but still a little oppressive, and perhaps most importantly her song sounds like it goes pretty hard.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
patch notes

anji's nagiha now launches on hit, so i guess we went X number of patches to have nagiha and rin swap some utility

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
EDIT: Maybe I'm just dumb.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 8, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

?

it was the same as any other DLC char, wasnt it?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Maybe I will boot back up, she has a great theme.

I gotta learn all that wild assault stuff.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Elphelt seems so fun and just the right amount of dumb.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Faust pain noises.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Elphelts theme gets super close to becoming all i want for christmas is you about halfway through and i kinda wish they just paid for a mariah collab for real cause it is december after all c'mon dausuke i thought you were an artist

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

It probably won't work on anyone who actually knows the frame data or labs a bunch, but at least at a casual level Elphelt shreds people up. I've gotten people stuck in long Chain Lollipop loops that they should be able to break out of and punish me, but in practice most seem afraid to slap me out of it and I either break the wall after taking 80% of their health or straight up kill them if they don't have burst/deflect shield/YRC. I even took enough rounds off a Potemkin in the park doing it that he started playing like a zoner.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
New Elphelt seems neat but is also so different from original Elphelt that she's borderline a completely different character.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
that's Strive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
It's interesting getting back into it. Dealing with wild assault is funny because it made the annoying characters even more annoying. Hard knockdown on wild assault is uh interesting as well.