Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Im gonna guess ino/millia and definitely pot for rounding out first 6 Chars

That way if its playable you got your ryu/ken poster boys, your charge character, your zoner, your rush dowb, and your grappler. 4boys/2ladies

But what do i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i feel like they might show that cybersamurai dude off and have him playable in the demo just so the demo isnt entirely old characters

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The demo will force you to play as Faust for one full hour of game time before letting you play as anyone else.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Endorph posted:

i feel like they might show that cybersamurai dude off and have him playable in the demo just so the demo isnt entirely old characters

Didn't Daisuke say it'd be a while before they had more info about him? It'd definitely be better if him or another new character was part of the demo, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Hey punchfans. at 9pm EST ( in 2 hours) the next announcement is up. we'll get 2 more characters and some mechanics announcements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n6qbWt9y6g

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
They kept the worst potemkin design although it looks like it might be Robo Potemkin now. Not sure how I feel about that.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

drat that is a very swole chipp

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Looks like you can bind dash to a button now? Not getting too much else outta this as an English speaker.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I mean, there's an english version here

https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu

Notable things are like, 4/6D being throw instead of 4/6H, gatlings being massively reworked, not comboing off dust unless it's a counterhit, ky having persona style special effects on his lighting attacks where like if he hits someone with one, their guard balance increases faster, etc

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Oh poo poo, didn't know there was an English stream, cool. Suppose that's what I get for just clicking the first thing in front of me.

What does "gattlings being massively reworked" mean? Like, different routes, or are they a totally different concept now?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I didn't catch the whole thing, my net wasn't quite stable at the time, I just heard that there's some light same button autocombo stuff now?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

CRISPYBABY posted:

Oh poo poo, didn't know there was an English stream, cool. Suppose that's what I get for just clicking the first thing in front of me.

What does "gattlings being massively reworked" mean? Like, different routes, or are they a totally different concept now?

I was tabbing in and out but I think the routes are all same-button mashing now

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
P attacks only gattling into other P attacks, same for K, S still goes into H, is what I got from what they said.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Does that mean combos are gonna look like one repeatedly button gatlings into specials? That....doesn't sound great.

I'm confused cause like every combo ever i would do would involve K>S at some point (among many other things).

I guess I'll get answers after the demo, iunno my brain is full of misunderstanding and useless speculation right now.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
They were saying that combos are a lot shorter in general with the only real opportunities for big ones coming from counter hits.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

wateyad posted:

They were saying that combos are a lot shorter in general with the only real opportunities for big ones coming from counter hits.

Official title reveal: Guilty Gear SFV

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Breakdown of new system mechanics

Gameplay stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/503690946

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Instant Block does not decrease blockstun, but gives meter.

cmon man

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Chipp looking buffer than sol

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

Chipp looking buffer than sol

Went from coke to steroids. Switched one addiction for another, sad really.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Movelists from ArcRevo are available.
https://twitter.com/Tasty_Steve/status/1195789577241288704

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Should be lots of demo footage rolling through today as people play the demo. Probably a lot of flailing because it's people's first time touching the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjT0HrKkHuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWT329j-4b0

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Looks like May's Whirlwind overdrive is gone, along with Applause for the Victim.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

No smash inputs is a relief

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Samurai Soldown

https://twitter.com/JurassicRabbit/status/1195873186488803328

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

You've always been able to do silly stuff against a full RISC gauge in Guilty Gear, though.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
fafnir owns so that's ok

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mechafunkzilla posted:

You've always been able to do silly stuff against a full RISC gauge in Guilty Gear, though.

where can you see the RISC gauge in that video? I can't find it anywhere

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

where can you see the RISC gauge in that video? I can't find it anywhere

It's under the character portrait, starts at like 90% and you can see it go down by about 25% with each hit

so basically the first 2 Fafnirs add no scaling and have special/CH properties, that video is a huge troll

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 17, 2019

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
That RISC gauge is no way at 90%, it hasn’t even started climbing the right hand side of the portrait. It turns pink when it gets to the free counter hit zone.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

wateyad posted:

That RISC gauge is no way at 90%, it hasn’t even started climbing the right hand side of the portrait. It turns pink when it gets to the free counter hit zone.

Wait, there's a vertical section of the gauge? :psyduck:

Either way I'd want to see if that combo can be done from no RISC.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

wateyad posted:

I really hope this is beta ui lol

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Zand posted:

The Rev2 menu graphics should have prepared you for this.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zand posted:

Hearing from some people on twitter, they explicitly said the UI was not done/a placeholder

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

The game will officially be called Guilty Gear STRIVE, taking requests for new thread titles

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

dhamster posted:

The game will officially be called Guilty Gear STRIVE, taking requests for new thread titles

I like this, but that can't be the name of the game because it's far too easy to pronounce at first glance

Oh goddamnit you weren't joking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFiRe8vw5jY

the crowd singing along to the trailer music :allears:

Xad fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 18, 2019

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Oh drat, they brought back Testament and he's wearing a paper bag on his head

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

dhamster posted:

The game will officially be called Guilty Gear STRIVE

Oh, because it rhymes with five, right? Very clever.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
this is taking poo poo to a RESIDENT EVII_ level

dhamster posted:

They called the 16th Guilty Gear Guilty Gear STRIVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Moe_Rahn posted:

this is taking poo poo to a RESIDENT EVII_ level

They called the 16th Guilty Gear Guilty Gear STRIVE.

And yet don't have a GG3. We have a third game in the X line, after X and XX/X2, and a Guilty Gear 2 but if they're dropping out of the X line here then :shrug: