Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corby Haas
The Family by Jeff Sharlet. Has been made into a Netflix documentary series that I'd like to watch. About authoritarian Christianity in 'murica.

Almost done with Song for a New Day by Sarah Pinkser. Post baby-apocalypse where everyone stays inside because of diseases and criminals and live music concerts break anti-congregation laws so errybody gotta be punk af about things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

last last weekend i read grief is the thing with feathers by max porter and it was very good it even made me cry just a little bit. big fan of his writing style i loved his other book lanny hope he writes more soon

now im nearly finished with black jacobins by clr james. my main take away right now is reading how all the disparate factors (internal french politics, european rivalry, strong leadership figures) all had come together at the same time to make the haitian revolution happen and its good to remember when looking at history that events like that were very much not inevitable

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747
Mr. Dick's about to finish The New Jim Crow. Which is a good book about America using the war on drugs and its criminal justice system to roll back all the gains of the civil rights movement.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!