Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
fuckable camera wart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
3D Touch is going to die lmao. remember when that was a whole tent pole feature for the the 6S.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

3d touch is real nice for text selection etc but I guess that can be replaced with some other motion

if the new xr comes out in a good purple Id be tempted to upgrade from my 6s but tim is a coward and prolly wouldnt dare release bold colors so oh well maybe next time

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

3d touch is real dumb, I thought the touchpad on my new 2015 macbook pro was broken until I discovered there was a 3D touch setting in the control panel and turned it off.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
3D touch is way too opaque, you kinda have to guess that you should be using more pressure when your normal tap just doesn't do what you expect it to.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Chewbaccanator posted:

3D touch is way too opaque, you kinda have to guess that you should be using more pressure when your normal tap just doesn't do what you expect it to.

yah it’s existence disappearing from anywhere other than editing text like a pro on the ios keyboard idgaf

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

she wants one

and my iPhone 6 is a piece of bendy poo poo that barely charges anymore and it sucks and I hate it.

my manager got the xr when it come out and likes it, i think he went from maybe a 6s so pretty much the screen space and camera were the big sell for him

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i like 3d touch but since they're just replacing it with long presses whatever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
in on page 2

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my MacBook and iPhone are very needs suiting atm so I will watch with cautious disinterest

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

i like 3d touch but since they're just replacing it with long presses whatever

how many brave warriors died in flames after saying “why not just use long presses” when 3D Touch was announced

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lol if that 3 camera disgusting thing is true

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

it feels like there is more hype than usual for this event and I have no idea why

I'm keeping my expectations very low

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

iphones have a headphone jack again but it's 4 pin XLR

I'd buy it

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

a neurotic ai posted:

Has timb finally succeeded in recreating Microsoft Apple circa 1990?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

3D Touch being replaced with Haptic Touch, two fancy words for hold and press long time

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol looks like reverse/bilateral wireless charging has been scrapped for this years models

add wireless changing to the list of things apple sucks at (along with social networks, original content, and gaming)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Hoping for the best for tim apple, on his big day

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this is the first apple event i was not aware of until 1 hour before broadcast

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

there's been subspace internet chatter about it for months

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's no denying it, the net has been hooting and hollering waiting to see what tim has cooked (heh) up for us

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Dumb question. How do I watch this on my Roku?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

very carefully op

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

this conference is being livestreamed on youtube op

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

The_Franz posted:

this conference is being livestreamed on youtube op

Oh awesome, thanks

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

i'm in a timezone like +11hrs away and i'm literally sad i'm still up for this poo poo

like, just knock me out so i can read about how sad this is in 8 hrs

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I am so freakin excited about this corporate event!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

looking forward to finding out which apple store just opened up or was recently renovated

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lord funk posted:

i'm in a timezone like +11hrs away and i'm literally sad i'm still up for this poo poo

like, just knock me out so i can read about how sad this is in 8 hrs

don't even talk like that. how can you miss Tim's genius presentation that he's been working all year for

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
I really hope there is abundant dad jokes and celebrities. those are my favourite parts

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
3d touching folders to directly jump to the apps with notification badges has been cool so i would be sad to see that go

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

SMDH if you're not there to support tim and all the hard work he and his team have done this year

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
why doesn’t the awful app have a tviv/gdt thread mode yet that streams the posts in

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

this pre-music sounds like Partners in Kryme

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Pinterest Mom posted:

looking forward to finding out which apple store just opened up or was recently renovated

i hope apple had the best customer sat scores ever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pinterest Mom posted:

nyc fifth avenue, op

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
if you cant identify every product and app in that video get the gently caress out of yospos

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Look everyone, it's tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
i always wonder what the storyboarding process is like for those animations.