Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gatto Grigio posted:

I definitely did (and still) prefer to use the core simplified stats for other supers. In Vampire, Much easier to just treat a “mage” as a mortal with lots of Thaumaturgy and a few other Disciplines.

I also make it clear in my Vampire games that when they meet other monsters, they never line up 1-for-1 to the way they are depicted their own gamelines. Last Vamp game I ran, the werewolves were more like parasitic wolf spirits that possessed human bodies, and magic users were closer to Adepts from Unknown Armies than anything out of Mage.

Yeah, I think the only reason you would use the full rules for other creatures is if you had a pc that was playing as one. Unless the system is a very simple one to begin with NPCs should always be less complicated stat wise than PCs, PCs only have to keep track of one character, the DM has to track a lot more, plus kinda track all the PCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

By popular demand posted:

Alls I know is there's supposed to be a young handsome guy as footman.
Where is the handsome footman?!

In bed with your wife.