Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Get an angsty high school dropout and get him to design a post USSR communist empire in a sci-fantasy world and it won't necessarily be any more coherent but it would probably be cooler.

Also ORBS are what Monty calls his anal beads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Most of these EP planets would work better as rumours, actual places that big organisations (which Firewall is supposed to be) been to are much better documented.

Even primitive explorers usually got back good impressions of edibles, valuables and stuff to avoid.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Chiron Group probably would really appreciate Petrificati, mindless slave labour for only the price of food and minimal lodgings!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Alchemists must be the biggest chumps ever: a bio automaton janitor who just needs table scraps and a mangy cot in the basement is waaay better than whatever magical nightmare juice you can extract from its corpse.

No amount of lead turned to gold is valuable enough to be worth it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

'Cut open and suck that sweet bile from their innards' is admittedly a rare behaviour for a human.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Prometheans should definitely be written to despise beasts on goddamn principal, I'm feeling that even plenty of Centimani would kill them rather than talk to them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Zereth posted:

you want Slasher, which is literally rules for slasher movie villians (I may have gotten the name wrong)

Yep, this splat for hunter contains rules for 8 types of slasher: from the Jason/Michael Myers like Masks to the hypnotic criminal mastermind who can get completely ordinary people to do their killing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I could almost be tempted to play a game of Insatiate alchemists (aka 'those assholes' to Prometheans) but I just don't have the patience for a system this granular, nor for all those splatbooks.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So a Zeka centimanus can just attend a stadium event and kill thousands effortlessly? Seems like a threat big enough to attract every vaguely moral supernatural around to hunt it down.I

Also are vampires and other undead affected by radiation?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"I have deigned now to share my brilliant game mastery views with you miserable little mortals, now look grateful" is definitely a recurring pattern of late stage F&F success stories.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Body Snatcher tree could be a great factory of deniable and untraceable one use assets if you could figure how to prime the clones towards assaulting a specific target .

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Flail Snail posted:

I think I've probably made my feelings abundantly clear on this game. If anything, I've been more polite than some of the only other reviews you might locate. The language used makes it hard to talk about and you might look at my comments in this update regarding black people and the Japan expy and think I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm really not.

So, a question to the peanut gallery. There are thirteen free supplemental items for this game and more are coming out all the time. Do you want to hear about ezo-latin food? How about stealing breastmilk from babies? The author's apotheosis? They're all one page, I believe, so there might be one more update in me if people want more.

RANDOM: THE RPG

get to the author as god, I'm disgusted so far but I need to hate.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Snorb posted:

He... really named the stereotypical Japanese geishas "Fook Mi" and "Fook Yu?" :cripes:

A joke that didn't work that great even in an Austin Powers movie.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:barf:

New Horizons: at parts indistinguishable from some early internet awful netbook, and those are the good parts.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Earth being used as a prison for an AM type insane intelligence could be the beginning to many varied campaigns.
Skynet never got a chance to develop a personality so there won't be anything but straight fights.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just finished going through all the DLance posts and drat that setting is way worse than I remembered from 25 years ago.
I honestly couldn't play this poo poo without scrapping everything and only keeping the dragonians, maybe.
So thanks for delving into the lord for our amusement.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The only possible way to get a use of the printed material is to declare it to be made up entire from hearsay and subjective opinion.

So Kender aren't thieving children it's just a very shallow look at a non-private property culture and maybe some incidents of misunderstanding.
And the gods are impulsive assholes but people are afraid to call them on it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's either that or starting a pseudoanarchist collective of some sort, if your DM is cool and good.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Why does DnD even has such a hard-on for traps and locks? They were never a major part of western fantastic tradition.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There was a Death Gate adventure game and it's a good way to experience the best bits of the books (namely the runic magic system) without reading all that dross.
E: it's probably take less than an hour with a walkthrough (90's adventure games died for a reason)

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 14, 2020

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The best Kender archetype is that guy from the all guardsman party 40k stories who always makes black market deals and keeps the group supplied.
he's a thieving little poo poo but he's their thieving little poo poo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Part of the joke is that he is 100% genetically pure human by the standards of the imperium but gets mistaken for an abhuman constantly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Meanwhile in Good Krynn:

"...As I said earlier humans and some other races have an obsession with hoarding property.
that one time I was wondering about the city I've met a number of dispossessed people who solicited me for coins and food, when I asked them why aren't they being cared for by the greater community they told me that they get by on 'donations'.
That the Idea of holding everything for one's self and then gifting a minute amount based completely on whim is patently insane did not occur to anyone I talked to that day."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Also on good Krynn:
Sure been great since those tunnel dwarfs moved in the abandoned mine, they fixed up the place pretty good.
We don't have to worry children getting lost there and they turned the vermin problem into food and pets!
I just hope that they open up in time and get over their shyness, we could learn a lot from them. Heck they even figured out how to train guard snakes!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I could call it Avant-garde but it's just another high concept low functionality game that exists to gather dust.
I
I'm wondering what that Japanese neo-rockabilly figurine was about.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Please do the Races of Ansalon first, watching the writers try to somehow make Dragonlance not problematic is always entertaining (if not in the intended way).

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The crime issss living the punishment isss deathhhh!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Unfortunately due to severe budget cuts the court is run by a skeleton crew.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I never hated the fantasy concept of "dragon" before but I'm definitely going there.
TV programming for toddlers has better design and internal consistency.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh God are you saying there are people worse than Gwydion to come?

"this guy just whimsically fucks up the past and future of whoever happens to catch his attention" sounds like the sort of thing that could unite several disaparate types of supernaturals to hunt him down.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's like teenage me loving with savegame files to see what will happen, except you can't backup human life and he doesn't care.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's a very flexible NPC, she'd work as a friend or for as well as in combined mythos games too what with her thieving ways.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That man is an onion of awfulness that would be extremely satisfying to bring down.
And yes, unlike the common expy "some rear end in a top hat I hate" character he seems well planned to be an engaging threat.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ever since I started working for this tech company I feel confused and ill at ease on a daily basis and I keep forgetting things and the management are all weird culty assholes.
So yeah no change from my last job.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Be nice if he gets turned into a vampire and without his reality altering magic finds himself to be even less special.

VVVV: guess I'm not up on my WOD lore, what would rob a mage of his powers?

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 16, 2020

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

To be fair though, bronies will eventually get into everything.
Worse infestation than brainworms.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

But I'm not qualified to sample urine, I was kicked out of med school on my first week!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Heck, running a whole party of doppelgangers could be massive fun if the players actually work at giving them personalities.

"Oh come on, I was Jeremy McClellan 1st earl of the Highlands last week! I want to be Frau Schuller!"
" But #3 is Frau Schuller today. "
"No I'm not, I can never get the cooking just right. And also I find her disgusting."
*#5 Kramers their way into the room, in guise of Little Pete the chimney sweep*

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hell yeah, Rattenkrieg against actual rat men.
I'm dreading the part when you invariably have to end with a completely unbelievable "but the empire refused to change"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You could even make a big show of renaming a street (or a few) to memorialize the victory before you hand it back.