Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
There's something to be said about games that deal with really challenging subject matter and what the players can get out of it but uh :stare: I'm not sure this nails it

Edit: and it's a shame, I think the premise is interesting at least from a "you're not fighting elfs in this one" way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
The Shining would make an incredible a book scenario to run in Bluebeard's Bride holy poo poo.
Instead of the room The bride can't enter without confronting the truth she is not ready for, it's the Manuscript Bluebeard is working on. I mean heck, that movie is full of really dark sexual undertones and questions about the physical abuse Jack did to his family.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Sorcerer 1977

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I don't get what the hook for this game is supposed to be

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
That is a really consequence free module. The first adventure reminds me of how in attack of the clones you have emperor palpatine make count dooku hire django fett who hires a lizard lady who uses a robot who drops centipedes top try and kill darth vader's princess girlfriend. What's the point of any of that. Are the fights cool? Are the sights cool? If the answer is no, don't publish the module.

They could at least imply that the ultra devil and mega angel come from the same place as the knife wife of planescape but this seems real whack

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Are all planscape modules like those ones :(

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
The most evil animal of all
Is MAN

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

PurpleXVI posted:

Some of them are... less bad, but they're all pretty bad.

Oh so the setting is ENTIRELY carried by the cool video game

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
The Stan Lee Approach

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I do not enjoy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
everyone always thinks of themselves as the exception when a topic is circling the drain