Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Night10194 posted:

Every Invisible Sun update makes me sadder that I know of no game that is intentionally about playing Van Wizards, the wizards airbrushed on the side of a van who just gently caress up all the time but try to be really metal.

Sadly the Car Wizards supplement for the Katanas and Trenchcoats RPG is about playing people who violate physics while driving instead of wizards -painted- on cars, which feels like a miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Night10194 posted:

On one hand, I'd like more of an outline on these things, but on the other I actually quite like those elements being very 'left open'.

Still, if I wanted a specific sequel game, I'd like to be the gnolls fighting the aelfir. You could keep to the 'standard throwaway D&D bad guy fighting the shining high elf paladins, except they're no longer dehumanized' thing.

So from hanging out of the RR&D discord, there's at least one more Spire sourcebook coming that's going to focus on the Order and Religion Domains, and two planned games ala Heart that are codenamed Dust and Cross. Dust is vaguely hinted to be about the gnoll war, and Cross may be human-related, but they're both described as years off.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

How dare parents having their kids held hostage not make the rational decision to sacrifice them to save the world is definitely a take you could have I suppose.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Gender expression and calling yourself a princess aren't linked anywhere but in your own mind. Do you get this mad that Exalted refers to Dragon-Bloods as Princes of the Earth regardless of gender, or that all True Fae in Changeling are the Gentry, even if they present a female face?

...You know, in retrospect given the way Dragonblooded writing plays with "The Dragonblooded empire is matriarchal the same way modern society is patriarchal, complete with microagressions and unecessarily gendered words and etc," it really -should- be "Dragonblooded are all called Princesses of the Earth regardless"

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

It's almost like folks here are keyed up about people making spurious claims about a new version of a game that a lot of old fans disparage because it made sweeping changes to the setting and refocused the gameplay.

That's right, AOS discourse is just 4E discourse with a new coat of paint, there's even a pathfinder equivalent in the form of Zweihander.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Except nobody gives a poo poo about Zweihander.

A lot of people -own- it. They probably don't care that they do, or are even aware of it, but with the way it's marketed you may end up with a copy and not even realize it.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I still occasionally confuse it for parasocial and picture Lancergram, the social media app for posting pictures of your mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Attributing Tarot cards to your not-Roma is also an oh-no point, because...it's literally what the French dudes who created tarot as a divinatory device did. Basically they wanted a mystical origin to sell the bit, and Egypt was regarded as mystical as gently caress, and everyone thought the Roma were Egyptian descended so they were like "Ah yes, this is ancient egyptian poo poo, brought to us by the <racial slurs> who are definitely from Egypt."

It's basically the prototype for attributing mystical knowledge to the Mysterious East, except people probably got killed for not understanding what was being asked for when they were handed a deck of cards and told to read the future with them.

Nowadays of course there's an entire tradition of Roma and Romanichal cartomancy, but it's a weird case where it was something shoved on them from outside and they adapted.