Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue87
Aug 13, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Not a big fan of the 'Momentum' rules or the concept of 'Narrative' vs. 'Dramatic'

New guy here and yeah the "Narrative vs Dramatic scaling" is confusing to me to. Like I get scale, but this is just adding unnecessary complexity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue87
Aug 13, 2022
Question, has anybody hear of David Guyll? He's an RPG designer who comes across as...well arrogant is putting it midly. Here is is website: https://archive.ph/UPsmg

blue87
Aug 13, 2022

By popular demand posted:

No poo poo, here's SOME WORDS regarding female Marines and why it's badwrongfun: warning edgy TERF poo poo
https://archive.ph/RGumF

E: There's no stopping this TRUTH TRAIN

I hear that in the Original Rouge Trader, there were female space marines. Is that correct?

blue87
Aug 13, 2022

That Old Tree posted:

Also I think he got super close without outright stating that Inverse World ripped him off, even though it came out literal years before his vaguely similar thing.

Really? Anybody got dates? Because I have seen his review of Inverse World...and his Sundered World is not much better/much of the same. Somebody should do a comparision of them.

blue87
Aug 13, 2022
And an update on "David Guyll deserves a FATAL & Friends Roasting":
From here: https://archive.ph/6OzbU#selection-397.0-420.0

"You got that? Not liking terrible art where a satyr is badly posing as if he knows he's being drawn, smiling for no discernible reason, and blasting nothing in particular with what I assume is color spray somehow makes you an istaphobe.
Is that an inherent ability for WokeC-era satyrs? Is he supposed to be a wizard? I ask because I think that's wand dangling from nothing in particular. At least I hope it is."

He is referring to this thread where slurs against so-called "woke" art were uttered: https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/1477338837991006214

And finally:
"And for a company without any creativity or passion it's the perfect demographic, because they can save time and money exploiting untalented diversity hacks and nobodies suffering from the delusion that they'll be successful and happy working for a "big company", that people will care that they have their name in a book that people only bought because of the logo, and won't use anyway.
It's also safer, because they can use their cheap diversity hires as a shield. To dismiss all the "haters" as just gatekeeping istaphobes who hate women, gays, and black people, even if you are one or more of those. They've got the whole invented "internalized this-or-that" rhetoric to dismiss the voices of any and everyone that they purport to care about, anytime they dare to dissent.
Unsurprising, given that SJWs only care about themselves.
The upside is that there are vastly superior alternatives, made by people that actually play games, and I think we're also hitting a point where you're going to be able to tell who all the actual sexists, racists, and sexual predators are based entirely on whether they play 5th Edition."

Venger Santanis plays 5th edtion?

Off coruse he thinks his product is so surperior:
"Really quick: if you want something similar to Dungeons & Dragons, but which focuses on fun, usability, and quality—yet isn't grossly overpriced—as opposed to social justice progressive politics, propaganda, and irrational, obsessive hatred over mere disagreements and arbitrary thought crime violations, check out Dungeons & Delvers."

We need to check this out and see...

blue87
Aug 13, 2022
I would like to apologize for interrupting everything here for my own rants before. I am new here and I guess it showed.

In truth will I like reading about RPGs and dissecting the systems and such, I don't really play, being a dirty lurker...does that make me a bad person?

Because honestly I love the reviews you guys do and will support it...I just wanted to contribute myself but didn't necessarly have the drive to do the same amount of work. Again I apologize for being so presumptuous in expecting anyone here to drop anything to mock an RPG system because I find the author to be an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue87
Aug 13, 2022
Is it fair to request a writeup here. Such as for the Savage World version of Rifts? I am interested to see how well it captures the setting's "flavor" without the "Megaversal" system bloat.