Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1237947664639102978

Welp, "Geiger" has finally been unmasked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Diaper guys need to be in every episode with their own theme song like MGTOW.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Episode 100 is going to be about Podcasts, what are some good podcast dramas for the show to talk about? I'll credit you

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

nah posted:

Episode 100 is going to be about Podcasts, what are some good podcast dramas for the show to talk about? I'll credit you

You could probably fill an hour just with Chapo Trap House poo poo.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

nah posted:

the whole mcelroy facebook group is insane. if you join it, check out the rules. you're not allowed to say one of the hosts looks good, because he's on a diet and it could trigger some overweight members of the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mbmbam

quote:

Banned Goofs- Ask a Mod for further clarification
The following bits are banned from discussion in the group-

Glass Shark: fatphobic rhetoric, patois mocking
Bean Diet: fatphobic rhetoric
Fidget Spinners: ableism

here is the glass shark bit that you're not allowed to talk about because it's fatphobic and makes fun of black people apparantly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0Ubck0IRA

Justin McElroy is on a bean protein based diet, but you're not allowed to talk about it because it is also fatphobic.

The smirlpocalypse was another MBMBAM adjacent thing, there might be some stuff here: I really don't want to read it again, but if you go down to the smirlpocalypse bit, basically the hosts mom got involved and it caused an implosion.

https://medium.com/@angeredonline/maximum-fun-isnt-that-fun-1c957d9ed079

Here's 80 jpg screenshots which will bore you to tears:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2WvUwiIN-HEYmJmRlh5aktxRnM

Maddox, remember him? He has a wikipedia subheading called Podcast and Lawsuit, which is probably a good place to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddox_(writer)#Podcast_and_lawsuit

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 28, 2020

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

great ep guys, big round of applesauce

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
As a leech, I'm not a big fan of the format change.

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

How'd they bring up Jake Flores and not mention his eating his own cum on camera

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Pretty sure they did a couple weeks ago, maybe on a bonus up though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Must have been a bonus because I don't remember them talking about Flores at all.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

It was definitely in a bonus ep, whichever one came out right after that terrific incident

nah
Mar 16, 2009

how about that Christman ep

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

Couldn't even make it to the end of the free ep, he was insufferable.

ScamWhaleHolyGrail
Dec 24, 2009

first ride
a little nervous but excited
It's been weeks and I can't stop thinking about that guy's fuckable guitar stand

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

I do think about the gumball pants quite a bit

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I listened to the feet episode off and on across a couple of days so as not to get too horny because it was too disgusting for me, just went in to finish it and I still have an hour left :gonk: might not finish this one

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Forum Hussy posted:

I listened to the feet episode off and on across a couple of days so as not to get too horny because it was too disgusting for me, just went in to finish it and I still have an hour left :gonk: might not finish this one

This does not surprise me

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
This show makes me feel awful and I crave it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I lost my poo poo laughing at the Rosa Parks bit in the newest episode.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

just started listening last week and skipped ahead to listen to the sopranos ep and Christian is divorced lol

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
The guy who loves Japan but has a Chinese girlfriend, so he “pretends it’s Japan” when he visits her family is really funny

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
If you’re over 6 feet tall the short men episode is really funny because they’re both like “ok so here’s a woman saying anyone under 5’10 is a manlet, what a MANIAC am I right” for half of it

nah
Mar 16, 2009

dangerburrd posted:

If you’re over 6 feet tall the short men episode is really funny because they’re both like “ok so here’s a woman saying anyone under 5’10 is a manlet, what a MANIAC am I right” for half of it

What’s the problem

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I'm listening to a handful of early episodes I hadn't heard before and during the dating/marriage/divorce episode it's a little :magical: listening to Christian talk about how great marriage is

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
McElroy fans get really upset when you make fun of their soft squishy 39 year old boys.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
that's what happened for sure freak

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Squack McQuack posted:

McElroy fans get really upset when you make fun of their soft squishy 39 year old boys.

If you make fun of Travis's cringey as hell posting you're a chud

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i would love to hear people make fun of the extremely embarrassing man named Travis Mcelroy

maybe people whose voices don't sound like Jason from Home Movies eating spaghetti

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Previa_fun posted:

If you make fun of Travis's cringey as hell posting you're a chud
That's something that bad people do.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
You listen to one episode of RTP and -Wham!- You wake up as a freak and a chud. Let this be a warning to you all.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
What if I was already a horrible little freak?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Never listened to this podcast tbh but after loling at the meltdowns in the mcelroy thread gonna check it out like the big chud I am. Heard the audio quality sucks though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

Never listened to this podcast tbh but after loling at the meltdowns in the mcelroy thread gonna check it out like the big chud I am. Heard the audio quality sucks though.

I’ve never been bothered by the audio quality.

RTP is usually pretty funny. The recent episodes on Pokémon and Gardening are two I remember as being pretty good.

I used to listen to MBMBAM a few years ago but fell off right after TAZ started because I found I wasn’t finding it as funny and I had enough other stuff to listen to. I have nothing against them really (I guess I think Travis and Justin are both kind of annoying whenever I see them on Twitter these days) I just thought that RTP being able to fill like 45 minutes with purely dumb poo poo Travis said and his apologies was funny.

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 27, 2021

nah
Mar 16, 2009

That McElroy thread is very funny and a great microcosm of SA in general these days, just soft 40 year olds calling other people chuds and whatever other things they see more popular people say on twitter. Not this thread though of course

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

nah posted:

That McElroy thread is very funny and a great microcosm of SA in general these days, just soft 40 year olds calling other people chuds and whatever other things they see more popular people say on twitter. Not this thread though of course

That thread is extremely embarrassing. I checked out once they decided "soy" was a slur. Also the audio on RTP is fine I have no idea what they were talking about.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 28, 2021

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The podcast guys who have an agent that puts them in actual Hollywood movies probably do probably have a better sounding podcast than RTP

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I know you’re just bad faith posting to defend your favorite bad podcast, but no one had an issue with “soy.” People were irritated by “soy boy,” and no one argued it was a slur—just that it was some alt right bullshit that didn’t deserve the oxygen:

https://www.theringer.com/tech/2017/11/3/16598872/alt-right-lingo-soy-boy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_boy

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/soy-boy-insult-what-is-definition-far-right-men-masculinity-women-a8027816.html

nah
Mar 16, 2009

That's what makes it funny OP

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
they were mad that people use the word soyface, a word where everyone knows what it's referring to; insisting instead that the morally upright use muppeting, a word that has never been spoken out loud, to mean the exact same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I’m pretty sure only one guy insisted that muppeting was a thing people say but it was still really funny