Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Squack McQuack posted:

McElroy fans get really upset when you make fun of their soft squishy 39 year old boys.

If you make fun of Travis's cringey as hell posting you're a chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Never listened to this podcast tbh but after loling at the meltdowns in the mcelroy thread gonna check it out like the big chud I am. Heard the audio quality sucks though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

nah posted:

That McElroy thread is very funny and a great microcosm of SA in general these days, just soft 40 year olds calling other people chuds and whatever other things they see more popular people say on twitter. Not this thread though of course

That thread is extremely embarrassing. I checked out once they decided "soy" was a slur. Also the audio on RTP is fine I have no idea what they were talking about.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 28, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah I'm not reading any of that.

Anyway I enjoyed the episode and while RTP probably won't be a weekly listen I'll comb through the back catalog for characters I may find interesting.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

If nothing else, please listen to the Chive episode.

I'll check it out. I listened to the Craft Beer episode on my commute today and got a lot of lols as a recovering craft beer snob (although I never described anything as "peachy horseblanket"). The reveal at the end that Geiger was partially responsible for the disastrous hunahpu 2014 was great, too.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

terrorist ambulance posted:

I don't even know where I found RTP from but have listened to a bunch and ended up subscribing. May honestly be one of my favorite podcasts right now even though it's just two guys with fairly even, calm affects giggling over really bad posts for an hour and a half.

It hits the same schadenfreude receptors as old SA did back when it was ok to make fun of people. Weekend Web was one of my favorite features on SA and RTP is basically Weekend Web in podcast form.

Speaking of the McElroy thread gets called out in the newest episode. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

terrorist ambulance posted:

Lol I got to the matt christman episode where he's just rolling on acid doing his twitch spirituality stuff with the boys occasionally breaking in to chuckle and read posts

lol yeah Matt was on a whole nother level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Squack McQuack posted:

Lol I learned about lowtax’s demise from Report This Post.

Honestly the best synopsis of the past year or so of SA. No wonder goons hate this podcast. :v:

Lol jeffrey paid over 400k for the site