Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh lmfao I just remembered who this Yossarian guy is. He's the crazy dumbshit who melted down in the rabbits thread because he was a loving irresponsible douche, so I banned him.

edit: and he's definitely also the OP, I just remembered the "ableist" thing. Thanks, rap sheets!

:gas:
is he one of the people in the pet forum who murders their pets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

is he one of the people in the pet forum who murders their pets
No, he got run out of the pet forum for trying to murder them. PI's good now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Remember the time the OP of this thread tried to sockpuppet himself, but hosed it up super hard because the account he logged into to do so had a way more embarrassing history?

Boy, that was a thing.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I know a kid who is 20 and lives at home still and considers himself a libertarian, and he was talking poo poo about homeless people the other day. And I told him, you know that could be you some day?
He was like, no it won't because I'm responsible blah blah blah, so I told him plenty of poo poo can happen to responsible people, so he was like yeah but I'm always willing to work, I explained to him that about half of all homeless people have jobs or regularly work. I could see the horror start creeping across his face as he realized he wasn't as far from them as he told himself, then he quickly changed the subject.

Anyway figured this might be a good place for that anecdote. 🤪

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad I could help, and congrats on your good grades. :)

he's just lucky there isn't a Not Murdering Rabbits proficiency requirement

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember the time the OP of this thread tried to sockpuppet himself, but hosed it up super hard because the account he logged into to do so had a way more embarrassing history?

Boy, that was a thing.

it could also just be that i'm an ally who gets triggered by ableism and people ganging up on other people on forums and know what it's like. maybe if you repeat that lie enough though people will believe it

i have nothing to lose and i don't post here anymore. unlike a certain keyboard warrior:

Post Count
Post Rate
20.25 per day
Last Post
Sep 10, 2019 01:03

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Op I don't know anything about you but it sounds like your real life is probably healthier than your online one so maybe you should log off! Hell, maybe I should take my own advice for that matter...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

it could also just be that i'm an ally who gets triggered by ableism and people ganging up on other people on forums and know what it's like. maybe if you repeat that lie enough though people will believe it
Sep 10, 2019 01:03
Okay, but I don't believe you and I don't think anyone else does. I'd be amazed if you're not the OP, and I'm happy to take whatever probation comes with that if I'm wrong. Or if I'm right. Maybe this counts as helldumping, IDK.

R. Guyovich posted:

he's just lucky there isn't a Not Murdering Rabbits proficiency requirement
I hear this is why Rick Perry got that D in Meats.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

since we seem to be all about stalking people and bringing up their pasts here's the dog i was called a bunny murderer for bringing home

they're still alive. and i'm a trotskyist who always rails against tankies as evidenced by guyovich hating me, exactly the kind of "liberal trotskyist" who the op railed against. lmao

there's only one common denominator here and it's the guy who likes to harass people with disabilities, who got demoted. but i actually have things to do in the morning so i won't waste everyone's time elaborating upon that. needless to say i don't think a dumb opinion on the smollett case should derail a potentially good topic

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here's my dog hanging with all his rabbit friends. They're just off screen, laughing.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Yossarian-22 posted:

they're still alive. and i'm a trotskyist who always rails against tankies as evidenced by guyovich hating me,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyOq1aLOIM8

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
80% of cspammers are living post to post & after reading this thread i believe it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only way you're like Bogart in that movie is you don't get laid either. :grin:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Elmer fudds 12 rules for life

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bold to admit you're a trot when its a proven fact that trots are rapists

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i wasn't aware trot was a disability but the more i think about it...

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Larry Parrish posted:

What the gently caress

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I make 150 grand a year and live paycheck to paycheck

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just can’t get ahead I don’t know why

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

oh no

how can this happen in america :ohdear:

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
You all could try to move to Europe. We don't like immigrants though. The days of "Wir schaffen das" are long gone. Now we put immigrants in rubber boats and let them drown. No need for walls here.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

redneck nazgul posted:

i wasn't aware trot was a disability but the more i think about it...

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Good morning friends. I can see by the irreverent responses I received from the community as evidence you people really like to put the “spam” in C-SPAM!!

I am quite interested in understating the differences between modern poverty and that experienced by, say, the peasantry in the past. I believe understanding these differences, as well as the progression from a working class poor to a largely post-industrial poor are key to developing a framework in harnessing the power and revolutionary potential of the proletariat.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

I make 150 grand a year and live paycheck to paycheck

It's hilarious how common this really is. The USA has a major issue with consumption in culture to the point that the majority of people live at the absolute edge of their means.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Chuka Umana posted:

Good morning friends. I can see by the irreverent responses I received from the community as evidence you people really like to put the “spam” in C-SPAM!!

I am quite interested in understating the differences between modern poverty and that experienced by, say, the peasantry in the past. I believe understanding these differences, as well as the progression from a working class poor to a largely post-industrial poor are key to developing a framework in harnessing the power and revolutionary potential of the proletariat.

https://www.amazon.com/Capital-Twenty-First-Century-Thomas-Piketty/dp/0674979850/

Start reading mkay?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

people are poor because they spend an extra :10bux: on a sock puppet to call people ableist

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

redneck nazgul posted:

people are poor because they spend an extra :10bux: on a sock puppet to call people ableist

Can I even post on an Internet forum without my agency as a human being and my right to living as an equal being dismissed?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

Can I even post on an Internet forum without my agency as a human being and my right to living as an equal being dismissed?

ask your bunnies

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Chuka Umana posted:

I was driving around southeastern Ohio over the weekend and holy cow it looks terrible. just endless miles of abandoned buildings punctuated by dollar general and fast food places. everything including the people look run down and miserable.

also the massive trailer parks with stores selling beer and cigarettes at the front.

how the gently caress does this happen? what happened to the new deal and the great society?

I want this thread to be able to function as a place to talk about poverty and it’s regional variance in the US.

the poverty is more visible in the countryside

the structural and infrastructural design of cities tends to make it less obvious, with the poors hidden away in tiny rat-infested apartments behind historic building facades

upscale suburbs tend to rely on zoning, code enforcement, and police action to quickly banish any visible sign of poverty. happiness is mandatory, citizen. put it all on your credit card, and we'll evict you the instant you hit your limit

rural areas don't tend to have existing structures to hide the poverty, and being less dense and more sprawly means they tend to draw less of that NIMBY spirit, and they're a lot less likely to draw gentrifiers.

sorry if this is undermining any plans to draw the thread to a "wealthy urban ivory tower leftists just don't understand the real poverty that only rural conservatives understand" tack!!!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chuka Umana posted:

rich stole it all because an exploited class and poverty-majority is good for Number, very good for Number. before Number there was slavery, indentured servittude, and an exploited peasant class good for Baron von Numberstein

also heres some resources
https://economicupdate.libsyn.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoe_daP0DE also all his other lectures https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=results

hope that helps OP

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I'm not sure. I think it's because we gave up on jesus and family values

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Main Paineframe posted:

sorry if this is undermining any plans to draw the thread to a "wealthy urban ivory tower leftists just don't understand the real poverty that only rural conservatives understand" tack!!!!!

ooooooo the those dirty sjw cancelculture comment now makes sense lmao.

tis true, only rural conservative whites in pennyslvania understand how hard ti is out there *votes to cut off own balls, kill their own job, and send self-down spiraling deathtube to own da libs, maga i meakly cry out as my body gets turned into a less than rounding error in 0.1%'s bank account*

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I spent a chunk of last year in bottomed out poverty in north central texas.

Idk its pretty bad especially in places without good social sercives.

I could share a bunch of anecdotes but it'd be way depressing. Suffice it to say poverty is pretty bad.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

dont serious post poverty at this chud

post about him torturing his bunnies by putting a terrier poodle next to them and going wow i thought they had no prey drive

ask him how he feels about jussie smollet and the chicago police department

ask him if its ableist to take his meds for once

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

wow... with two accounts...

huh

you could...this is one hell of an idea

edit: i havent had employment in seven years and im slowly becoming covered in moss or i would try this out

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 15:55 on Sep 10, 2019

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

"So is healthcare really so expensive right now in your americas, and also the nazi's were cool guys who were right?"

Hmm, something about this question feels fishy.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All you need to know, OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUGh1Su7-ok

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

yossarian what is your graduate degree going to be in

are you getting it from prager u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Cancel culture" sounds like some right-wing "political correctness" bullshit, it doesn't pass the smell test. Someone post the Fox News screenshots about it of which I assume there are many.

yeah, p much. it's started as an extremely online far-right meme that's only lately been picked up by Fox. originally referred to celebrities getting fired for being racists or rapists, but its meaning expanded as it spread, so now it's p much just a mix of "political correctness" and "another shot fired in the leftist war to end conservative free speech"

example usages:
https://mobile.twitter.com/riordainn/status/1128416225556611074
https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1170097496841785344
https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1170160691711553542