Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
California has this very depressing variation on this where you still have decaying urban areas but you also have upscale gentrified areas that nobody but homeless people live in lol. Downtown Sac has a bunch of boarded up storefronts and a bunch of the condo towers are mostly empty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

ooooooo the those dirty sjw cancelculture comment now makes sense lmao.

tis true, only rural conservative whites in pennyslvania understand how hard ti is out there *votes to cut off own balls, kill their own job, and send self-down spiraling deathtube to own da libs, maga i meakly cry out as my body gets turned into a less than rounding error in 0.1%'s bank account*

as someone who lives in a place like that, it's not the poor people voting for trump or other reactionaries lol. they just dont vote at all anymore. it's the landlord class that's the vocal minority that carries the district for neonazi politician #17 because everyone else either has to work while the polls are open or they're for some reason required to present 3 forms of id which of course is easy when your a comfortable landowner and hard when you've never lived in the same place for more than a few years, as many poors have. i know a lot of my dads friends who were vocally supportive of trump and not a single one of them actually voted lol. the same was mostly true for the depressed young adult class, who were all big on bernie and just sighed and went to work instead of voting when Hillary got nominated. trump barely got 30% of votes in my county, if you compare the numbers against total voting age citizens

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

With a title like, "How's American poverty doing these days?," I expected more American economic geography

Like, check this poo poo out:

the epic part is when you go oh hey theres some nice growth in the midwest and then you look closer and it's nearly empty counties that had some rich guy move in so the average spiked super high