Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Tinfoil hat theory which i 100% dont actually believe will happen

Andrew Luck is going to stay in retirement up until the point where hes eligible to join any team again

By this time, Brady will be done. Luck signs with the Pats.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

yeah it was awesome. i'm very glad i wore my kelly green 50th anniversary djax jersey last week.

I dug my 2010 Jackson jersey out the cupboard.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Reminder that Leicester City were 5000-1 to win the Premier League, this was a year after they were almost one of the 3 worst teams in the league that year. They won in a league that is a lot harder to win than in the NFL

It can happen

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Over a 36 game season in the league with the biggest money teams with a manager renowned for bottling it. Probably the best sports story ever

38 game season :eng101:

Not counting the 2 other cups they were also in.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

A better story than Kurt Warner going from bagging groceries to Super Bowl champion in essentially his rookie year does not exist.

Nick Foles almost quitting football to vanquish the patriots in the superbowl

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chichevache posted:

How about a sloppy 6th rounder becoming the most dominant champion in any sport ever?

Hes not the most dominant champion in any sport ever though,

Phelps, Bolt, Federer, Nadal all have more "titles" than he does.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Phil Taylor also

Even in team sports. Most of the Man Utd team from the late 90s to early to mid 2000s have more PL titles (so limiting to 1 competition)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

colachute posted:

You should add the qualifier that everyone you mentioned doesn’t play team sports.

CyberPingu posted:

Even in team sports. Most of the Man Utd team from the late 90s to early to mid 2000s have more PL titles (so limiting to 1 competition)

Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Messi, Christiano Ronaldo. All have more titles than he does

Like, its not even close. They are all 5+ ahead of him

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sean10mm posted:

Your team's quarterback is a rapist.

Brady is a paedo....

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

this isn't really a funny comeback when the context is an actual, serious allegation of sexual misconduct jsyk

Fair point,

Then the Pats have a history of bringing in guys with known allegations and charges of sexual assault and seem to do nothing about it.

So throwing stones at one team for having a rapist QB is pretty stupid.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

You're not wrong but who else have the Pats "brought in" with charges of sexual assault? Kraft wasn't brought in. Kellen Winslow? I genuinely don't remember any major sexual assault allegations in the last ~15 or so years. I had a quick Google search and all I could find was an SI article on this Eric Naposki guy who played a while ago. We've had a legit murderer but if I'm forgetting a major sexual abuse allegation then I will definitely put my foot in my mouth

Haynesworth was under investigation for sexual assault when the pats picked him up.

I thought there was more but Talib was just good ole fashion GBH

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Looking forward to the Flacons failing a 4th and goal in the dying seconds against the Eagles again

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kalli posted:

Sam Darnold is out with Mono.

That Browns - Jets game looked so fun not 6 days ago.

At least someone is catching something for the Jets

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

I didnt like how we looked at the end of the first half against Miami. Looked disorganized with receivers wide open. I think the Cardinals will put up lots of yards.

Weren't you 40 points up a the end of the first half. I'd be shocked if half of the team wasn't playing cards on the touchline

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

"You're a QB in the NFL you outta put yourself in a bubble."

They can't actually think that's how Joe Namath lived

Zero protection on and off the field

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cam dressing like an old lady because thats the state his body is in

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Fits in with the Jets persona to crash and burn on the anniversary of 9/11

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

This is going to sound really wanky but gently caress it

Watching Cam basically say he's gonna retire made me realise how significant that Eagles super bowl win was. Unless you are the Pats, its really difficult to get back to the SB so it's really important to take that opportunity. It requires so many loving things to go right and we've seen so many good teams fall off a loving cliff after losing

That Panthers team was probably the all round best that year but hosed it in the big game and now are in a really bad state and havnt looked like making it back since.

The Falcons flubbed a huge lead and then got the perennial playoff yips since

Even after the Eagles win they had a poo poo season last season and probably shouldn't have got to the playoffs.

It will be interesting to see how the Rams go this season.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Oh, absolutely. This is a major reason why I've stopped caring about that goal line interception to end XLIX. The Seahawks won the year before, and winning a Super Bowl is incredibly loving hard! You need so much luck to even get there, no matter how good you are. It's awesome that we even got the one. If you require a championship to be happy about your team you're almost always going to be disappointed. Enjoy the ride.

Or if you're Kawalimus your team can have multiple championships and just smashed a team by 40+ points and still be disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Week 3 my dudes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898956