Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who's more hosed this week, Denver or Miami?

dolphins are going up against an actual QB and not a third year washout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is the idiot who likes to lead with his head and make 'big hits' right that almost killed his teammate?

maybe it's for the best he's off the field

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zyla posted:

bold stance for TFF

there's some threads in TFF that are borderline chud chat about racism/sexism and oof

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk how you can look at a ravens defense that hit the qb 12 times, was responsible for numerous rushed plays that went for an int, tackles for loss, or a wasted play and got 3 official sacks and go "nobody knows how to rush" but I guess that's a talking point.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did the wagon survive

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheBizzness posted:

You’ll have to wait until you play an actual NFL roster before anyone gives you full credit. Sorry.

Sincerely,

A Dolfan

oh yeah absolutely.

Until the Ravens defense breaks it's cog in the machine style of replacing players that leave I don't know if you should worry about it. Unless you find that Dean Pees is the DC. Then it's just all out of the window anyway.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a patagonian cavy posted:

have you seen the Miami OL

no I don't believe they were in the stadium for the game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

Well I said upset. So im not saying the Cardinals are a better team. Just that they have the one big advantage they need.

And what advantage is that?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

Larry Fitzgerald vs our busted up secondary.

The depth of the Ravens secondary is fine with Smith out.

Thomas, Jefferson, Humphrey, Carr, Averett, Levine is a really really strong unit!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

I didnt like how we looked at the end of the first half against Miami. Looked disorganized with receivers wide open. I think the Cardinals will put up lots of yards.

The first half the moment a starter got injured and the replacement (who has spent all week practicing in a different spot/coverage plan) was forced to cover for. The team made adjustments at half time and the Dolphins didn't move anywhere the rest of the game. That group is both statistically a good unit, AND the depth has been talked about being fine!

It's a new week. It's a new gameplan. It's new assignments and new practices. This poo poo happens all the time and you are literally using one drive as some sort of weird caution for an entirely different team as some sort of dark omen for that game.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also there's always one drive in every game where either team pulls pure loving magic out of their rear end that leads to a score. There's always that one drive that makes you go "holy poo poo" that makes the defense look like complete disorganized poo poo.

But it's one drive. And games are usually won with more than just one drive.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Despera posted:

Is it really that easy to be baited by "they gave up a touchdown in their 49 point win?"

I did not know that this is a normal thing with that poster.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Ravens had 31 first downs that entire game.

The Patriots had 24 first downs in their win against Pittsburgh.

The Vikings who won had 18, while the Falcons who lost had 27.

Does he always use things that are easily dismissed with stats?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried watching Flacco on Monday night but I just loving couldn't. It was like PTSD watching him need 4 yards and him throwing in 2 yards and the receiver getting exactly 1 yard after the catch every single time.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Metapod posted:

I hope minkah is able to go to a dc that knows what he is doing

it would be cool if the ravens traded for him if the price was worth it. A former 1st round talent next to Humphrey/Smith would own and then next year when Smith is gone and Young is healthy it wouldn't be much of a drop off :getin:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't understand why teams keep signing Donte Moncrief

I was told by numerous Steelers fans at work that Donte Moncrief in conjunction with JuJu would more than make up AB's production.

I live 20 minutes outside of Pittsburgh.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fsif posted:

I think Mason Rudolph might be good tbh.

he came in when the gameplan was for Big Ben. He'll be actually gameplanned for these next few weeks so we'll see.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

Flacco had 282 passing yards at 70 percent completion. Trubisky, who had 120 yards and a sub-60% completion percentage was much, much worse. So bad that the fact he won that game after playing so badly was actually record-breaking in itself

Flacco won't win or lose you games.

Trubisky won't win you games.

There's a difference here

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey why did the horse collar get it's own penalty why can't people just play football

also we care for player safety

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

Because Roy Williams was ending careers out there on the reg.

I know this.

Blocks in the back lead to a bunch of bad injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Steelers backup QB performed better than Big Ben did, in the hawks game.

Their season isn’t over.

teams will have tape on him and can gameplan specifically for him, it's literally a league of adjustments and it's way too soon to say that they will be fine