Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
remember when DeSean Jackson caught two 50+ yard touchdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kalli posted:

Quick Reads is out, all hail Dak, who was more good then Winston was bad: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-1-quick-reads

yummy yummy Carson Wentz

quote:

Wentz's first third-down pass was incomplete. He nailed every third-down throw after that, completing all 12 of them for 197 yards and nine conversions, including seven in a row at one point, with three touchdowns.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kalli posted:

His ranting was hilarious on the Sunday night podcast.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I was honestly kinda embarrassed for him.

agreed on both counts. his naive (and frankly juvenile) overemphasis on the "team" ideal in what is a business largely constructed completely in favor of the owners came off as really silly. I can see getting that worked up if your kid's high school teammate is pulling AB level poo poo, but once money is involved the only team that matters is you and your agent. whatever happens off the field is completely incidental to the entertainment product NFL employees are paid to produce

Toaster Beef posted:

Wentz looked very much like his 2017 self in the second half of that game, and it was awesome to watch. Being money on third down was a huge part of his success that year.

Still has to learn to give Jackson a bit more of a lead, though. Beautiful as those long TDs were, Jackson had to slow down to get 'em. It's kind of absurd he's still so fast.

again, agreed on all counts. I gave Wentz the benefit of the doubt this week cause he didn't play in the preseason and I assume he'll get his timing worked out with DJax, he's pretty good when it comes to deep balls

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I absolutely love the editing on this, shows you where to look in like a quarter second in a completely non-distracting way and immediately gets into the action. wish more highlight clips were put together this way

also god drat that is a fine piece of man

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Fat Jesus posted:

someone give the cliif notes on AB's latest. Did that woman continue to knock boots with him after he raped / pulled out and came on her back or w/e it was also did he actually go to college and get a degree or are football players exempt from learnin's

someone suggested that there's a small chance it could be CTE. seems like they know what they're talking about

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zyla posted:

i dont think they ever had consensual sex, he jizzed on her back after she rejected him and then she fired him for doing that, then a year later he hired her back as a trainer and thats when he raped her

afaik

Christ, what a fuckin human shitstain

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kawalimus is good and strong and I love them

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kawalimus sounds like a anyone who who grew a long time fan of Cleveland sports. Everything is going to go wrong at any minute in the worst way no matter how impossible it seems. I had family that refused to watch the 2016 NBA finals inside the last minute because they were convinced it was going to go to poo poo.

He's the one acceptable Ravens fan.

please tell me they at least saw the block live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

Work acquaintance: Good morning!!
Kawalimus: We'll see

I laughed but this is probably too optimistic tbh