Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

that cg is terrible lol

DoombatINC posted:

its an animatronic, theres actually not much cg chucky in the show, its usually a puppet or a little person / kid in a chucky costume

Lol owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol yeah fair. maybe it was the lighting. honestly that's cool if so

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I just started trucking through the series again to have something on during a particularly soul crushing workload so I'll get to the show eventually

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16bb is correct that a major part of the entertainment is just watching this murderous rear end in a top hat play the lovely hand he was dealt

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

slashers mostly get me bummed out about all those poor people getting knifed up.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Shageletic posted:

slashers mostly get me bummed out about all those poor people getting knifed up.

it depends for me. a lot modern stuff seems to revel in the sadism of it more which is a turnoff, but the classics have a sort of theater craft to them that makes it more goofy and entertaining

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Buck Wildman posted:

lol yeah fair. maybe it was the lighting. honestly that's cool if so

the lighting in the whole show is like that (every light in every room is off or dimmed while the sun goes supernova just outside) and it does give a lot of the shots an odd feel, i think they were going for Tim Burton-esque but its so persistent through the show that it becomes impossible to not consciously notice

but yeah Tony Gardner is the special effects dude that's been on their staff making Chuckies since Seed of Chucky (2004), and he's still there twenty years later doing it for the series, its great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPK0LHzdhmY

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

chucky owned rick steiner in a war of words despite chucky being a pre taped video, chucky ftw

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

the lighting in the whole show is like that (every light in every room is off or dimmed while the sun goes supernova just outside) and it does give a lot of the shots an odd feel, i think they were going for Tim Burton-esque but its so persistent through the show that it becomes impossible to not consciously notice

but yeah Tony Gardner is the special effects dude that's been on their staff making Chuckies since Seed of Chucky (2004), and he's still there twenty years later doing it for the series, its great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPK0LHzdhmY

that's awesome, I'm gonna check it out

also child's play is all about this wise cracking rear end in a top hat turned cabbage patch kid who repeatedly tries and fails to take out an elementary school kid so lol

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1780319694186295771 I hope Scabby the Rat is there

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Scabby lived outside my old office building for almost two years. never figured out who he was scabbing for I never saw anyone actually with him

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the reboot missed that the fun of chucky isn't that he's a killer doll, it's that he's a killer doll possessed by a foul mouthed serial killer that sounds like Jack Nicholson

Can't be rooted looking this up but my guess is that since Chucky is creator owned the studios only had the rights to the "Childs Play" concept but to none of the characters incl. Chucky himself, so they made an ALDIS version instead.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
which Chucky was the one where he's at a military academy and it ends at an amusement park that's next door to the military academy? that one rules

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the milk machine posted:

which Chucky was the one where he's at a military academy and it ends at an amusement park that's next door to the military academy? that one rules

the third one, which was the transition film to the much more openly loony contemporary ones

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

they got goofy as soon as the sequel tho. only the first one really went for unambiguous horror

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Buck Wildman posted:

they got goofy as soon as the sequel tho. only the first one really went for unambiguous horror

And it only did that for the first half, a lot of which was written when the script was playing it ambiguous whether the doll or the kid were the killer.

The climax is very very funny. They knew what they were cooking with.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Shageletic posted:

they're all chuds

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

loling heartily as i watch someone run away from jason and fall down 8 or 10 times

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

the milk machine posted:

Child's Play 3 - that one also has Tyler, the tiny baby we are putting through a military training program for some reason

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the remake almost killed the tv series which is a war crime

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DoombatINC posted:

Child's Play 3 - that one also has Tyler, the tiny baby we are putting through a military training program for some reason

kirbeh....

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the remake almost killed the tv series which is a war crime

reading about it the remake got greenlit before the series and once the series came out the remake's creators were just like welp that's that

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Can't be rooted looking this up but my guess is that since Chucky is creator owned the studios only had the rights to the "Childs Play" concept but to none of the characters incl. Chucky himself, so they made an ALDIS version instead.

this is pretty much exactly it yeah, they tried to gently caress Don Mancini over hard. but now he has the tv show so all is right.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

loling heartily as i watch someone run away from jason and fall down 8 or 10 times

Jason X: Jason in Space is th ebest one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did chucky ever go to space

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

DoombatINC posted:

lmao i forgot all about the extremely younger cadet at the military school

the part where they do some military exercise but chucky switches all their blanks for real bullets is hilarious. classic chucky, what a scamp

a+ movie

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

the milk machine posted:

Jason X: Jason in Space is th ebest one

The only thing I remember from this is that they set a trap for Jason by creating a horny teenagers program on the holodeck and nothing else is required

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the milk machine posted:

lmao i forgot all about the extremely younger cadet at the military school

the part where they do some military exercise but chucky switches all their blanks for real bullets is hilarious. classic chucky, what a scamp

a+ movie

his whole schtick is rising above his circumstances to succeed. truly inspirational

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

did chucky ever go to space

maybe next season

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

absolutely incredible they had live ammuniation at the military school near children and i believe it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they had grenades lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al! posted:

quantum break isnt bad taken out of its marketing context and just played as a video game. played through it recently, trying to save your brother merry brandybuck is a good time

I think it was a stepping stone on the way to Control and Alan Wake 2, some of the mechanics were pretty cool. The idea of a tie-in TV show, not so much.

Courtney Hope played a character in Quantum Break and the lead in Control, so idk how they square that now that Alan Wake 2 and Control 2 are tying them together.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

SomethingBeautiful posted:

chucky owned rick steiner in a war of words despite chucky being a pre taped video, chucky ftw

Good god you made me remember that it’s WWE canon that Chucky hacked into the Jumbotron to advertise his new movie.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

galagazombie posted:

Good god you made me remember that it’s WWE canon that Chucky hacked into the Jumbotron to advertise his new movie.

it was one of the best parts of latter day WCW

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think it was a stepping stone on the way to Control and Alan Wake 2, some of the mechanics were pretty cool. The idea of a tie-in TV show, not so much.

Courtney Hope played a character in Quantum Break and the lead in Control, so idk how they square that now that Alan Wake 2 and Control 2 are tying them together.

they went ahead and named the character who is represented by the lead actor from quantum break Tim[e] Breaker so i assume they are fully moisturized and unconcerned

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

it’s all part of the Remedy Cinematic Multiverse so there’s multi-timeline-verses of each character so it works out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

iean if you really want to get into it, quantum breakman is simultaneously working for/fleeing from mr door, who is an entity that was once a man who discovered basically a natural time travel cave, and was trapped at the end of time experiencing all of his possibilities simultaneously for what might as well be eternity. his goals are currently unknown but at the end of quantum break its implied that hes working on the side of Reality