Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

In Training posted:

I actually haven't seen Le Samourai or much French cinema at all, bc they seem to be largely perverse.

notallpervs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Having never read three body problem nor watched the Chinese version I'm actually enjoying the Netflix one but the scene with all the scientists poo pooing the nuclear pulse propulsion probe was making me seethe

They proved it feasible in the 50's!!!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

they should post in CCCC

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

every pillars companion is wildly inferior compared to eder

Aloth and Pillars 1 Pallegina :colbert:

(Eder is great though)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

Having never read three body problem nor watched the Chinese version I'm actually enjoying the Netflix one but the scene with all the scientists poo pooing the nuclear pulse propulsion probe was making me seethe

They proved it feasible in the 50's!!!

yeah that scene was super flat for me because that collection of people should have been like "gently caress yeah project orion" not like "what is this 'nuclear pulse' you speak of"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

You don't really see khive / yellow-heart people much at all these days, they've all been banned or rebranded to generic Biden boosters. Anyone still rocking that branding in 2024 is very carefully threading the needle of psychopathic and boring

e: wait thought this was succzone, sorry for succzoneposting

that poo poo was never organic to begin with lol. once the need for it passed the funding ceased and they all went away or, as you say, rebranded

edit: drat, not the right thread. I was gonna add that id be interested to see how many of them rebranded as NAFO idiots. I bet it's a lot

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 21:37 on Apr 18, 2024

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al! posted:

nothing says turn of the century like tiki revival. this cd was packed by men in ironic bowling shirts, who skanked it all the way to the store

it's called Exotica you square.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you know what's an interesting (possibly only to me) divergence of pop culture trends? clothes have been getting looser and boxier for a couple seasons now, but men's shorts have been getting shorter and shorter. in the 90s when the big and boxy style was born, it also meant no shorts would be higher than mid-kneecap; now, most shorts are 5-6"

though to be fair, a lot of people have told me 5 inches is pretty big, actually, and 6 is almost too big, and any bigger than that is kind of a turn off, and that you don't need more than about 5", or even a little less really, to get the job done

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

indigi posted:

you know what's an interesting (possibly only to me) divergence of pop culture trends? clothes have been getting looser and boxier for a couple seasons now, but men's shorts have been getting shorter and shorter. in the 90s when the big and boxy style was born, it also meant no shorts would be higher than mid-kneecap; now, most shorts are 5-6"

though to be fair, a lot of people have told me 5 inches is pretty big, actually, and 6 is almost too big, and any bigger than that is kind of a turn off, and that you don't need more than about 5", or even a little less really, to get the job done

i buy my clothes from walmart

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

huh, what you talking about. shorts used to be far shorter. they (and other clothes) got bigger-boxier in the 00s as it was considered gay + terrorist + hate-america to have short-shorts

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

running shorts have always been short, by the mid/late 90s bball cargo and jeans were drat near calf length. kevin smith didn’t have his jorts custom made it's just what was on offer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bring back jncos

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

like the NBA was fining dudes in the mid 90s for having too long of shorts. they wanted players to Show Thigh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

like the NBA was fining dudes in the mid 90s for having too long of shorts. they wanted players to Show Thigh

They were right

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

In Training posted:

I actually haven't seen Le Samourai or much French cinema at all, bc they seem to be largely perverse.

Perverts make the best movies, you're missing out

See Loves Lies Bleeding asap!!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

indigi posted:

I was told 4 inches was the average. This is unsettling news.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

For years men were told that women don't like seeing our legs, and that was enough to get us to hide them
But then a brave man showed us a better way:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Women wearing mom jeans and oversized sweatshirts and men wearing 5 inch inseam shorts, the era of Dudes has arrived

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Hard as it is to believe, the Scots were right about one thing; men should try wearing skirts more often

Sooo comfy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

we need to bring back the belted tunic

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Women wearing mom jeans and oversized sweatshirts and men wearing 5 inch inseam shorts, the era of Dudes has arrived

It makes me kinda sad to see ladies in their 20s wearing mom jeans lol. They went out of style for a reason

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

Hard as it is to believe, the Scots were right about one thing; men should try wearing skirts more often

Sooo comfy

Life's a little sweeter
With a breeze upon your peter

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

It makes me kinda sad to see ladies in their 20s wearing mom jeans lol. They went out of style for a reason

they were never in style, it was just a way for out-of-shape women to wear jeans. now that young women in their 20s are also out of shape, they need mom jeans

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

In Training posted:

I watched it for the BBV movie club. I would recommend it even as someone who dislikes crime dramas and the French.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Blood Boils posted:

Sooo comfy

i've worn basketball shorts continuously since like 2000. they're basically the modern skirt

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1780310594509472152
verse-writing is my passion

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

man she's... really bad

like her committee of talent around her help her produce very catchy radio songs but pretending she is has some deep artist mystique is painful

like imagine if Madonna tried to play herself off as being super intellectual

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

man she's... really bad

like her committee of talent around her help her produce very catchy radio songs but pretending she is has some deep artist mystique is painful

like imagine if Madonna tried to play herself off as being super intellectual

Didn't Madonna do this at one point?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gently caress y'all for even SUGGESTING Like A Prayer is not poetry

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Xaris posted:

huh, what you talking about. shorts used to be far shorter. they (and other clothes) got bigger-boxier in the 00s as it was considered gay + terrorist + hate-america to have short-shorts

tbf when Clinton would go "running" he usually was going to have his affair and meet the secret service agents back at McDonalds afterwards, so maybe not the best example lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Watching Dead Alive/Braindead for the first time since I was like 16, movie whips rear end. Peter Jackson should have never stopped doing campy horror.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

loquacius posted:

Bring back jncos

they're already doing that

in fact if you own a pair it's actually worth a fair bit of money

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

*slams table* WHAT WE NEED IS ANOTHER WAR

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Please don't foment aggression like that. We already lost more than enough good lives in the last Jnco War

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

im saint germain posted:

Please don't foment aggression like that. We already lost more than enough good lives in the last Jnco War

sorry I'm too into this movie rn

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
as a result of all this i discovered that Taylor Swift was the "teardrops on my guitar" chick that was on the radio in highschool, but now she makes generic sad girl ketamine pop which has like 10 times as many listens as that stuff did

weird

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

as a result of all this i discovered that Taylor Swift was the "teardrops on my guitar" chick that was on the radio in highschool, but now she makes generic sad girl ketamine pop which has like 10 times as many listens as that stuff did

weird

Americans like their products homogenized and predictable

like margarine, or mayonnaise, or milk shakes

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Spergin Morlock posted:

Oh? What do you think young women should be wearing?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Son of Sorrow posted:

Oh? What do you think young women should be wearing?

uggs. definitely uggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

loquacius posted:

Bring back jncos

jncos and mullets are back in style bay-bee. everyone now is rockin' the jncos and mullets, even me (because i'm hip+cool)