Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Taylor Swift in a happy relationship, panicking because her creative output is drying up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

some of you didn't listen to 2022's single "anti-hero" and it's showing!!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
hot drat Chris Parnell is great in fallout

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Jonny 290 posted:

listening to the new swizz. it's chill. very del rey. good sound though

it's pure aids

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

pretty neutral on Taylor in general but this is the single most cringe title of any creative work I've ever seen

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

pretty neutral on Taylor in general but this is the single most cringe title of any creative work I've ever seen

She once heard the title of the movie "The Dead Poet's Society" and years later this water-downed version wriggled into her brain and she probably thought it was the cleverest thing

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

it's called Exotica you square.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6TdqnXSLaM

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ymgve posted:

watched fritz langs M for the first time

drat that's a movie with exceptional camera work and direction for a movie made in 1931

fritz owns op. Dreyers Joan of arc is also surprisingly modern.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is the most embarrassing album cover and concept I've seen in at least two weeks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

Taylor Swift in a happy relationship, panicking because her creative output is drying up

Kelce's publicist put a "no scathing lyrics" clause in the contract

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Beyonce releases a new very bad album. Taylor swift releases a new very good album.

As I said before. White people are cool again.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tay tay is cringe

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Goons once again can not handle a successful woman

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A double album in an era where people listen to music in 3 minute chunks at best and have the attention spans of horseflies is pure arrogance though

if it's good enough you split that release in 9-12 months and ride a second wave of singles, if it's not you leave that poo poo in the vault for a posthumous release
those are the rules

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

A double album in an era where people listen to music in 3 minute chunks at best and have the attention spans of horseflies is pure arrogance though

if it's good enough you split that release in 9-12 months and ride a second wave of singles, if it's not you leave that poo poo in the vault for a posthumous release
those are the rules

all art is pure arrogance

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Goons once again can not handle a successful woman

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The album is called "the tortured poets department: the anthology" and the cover is of her going like that, I think the arrogance is part of the concept here

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

imagine being arrogant enough to think "people need to hear my songs" lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Richest musician to ever live: "Hey I got problems, too, ya know"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

In 1975 Stevie Wonder was burnt the gently caress out of the industry and wanted to quit altogether to dedicate the rest of his life to charity work

The record company enticed him back with a contract worth what would be roughly $200 million in today's currency and he gave us "Songs in the Key of Life"

He gave us a basically triple album meditating on the beauty of life with bangers like "Sir Duke" and has been endlessly participating in charitable organizations and causes ever since

Swift becomes the richest musician in the world and gives us a moribund album about how much it sucks to be her

get real

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Went and bought the album and am currently listening.

All bangers so far. I feel for those of you who can't experience the joys of this music. May your hearts soften one day.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
call me when Joanna Newsom drops a new album

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's not fair, i hate all kinds of women

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

those are the rules

you get more money from streaming sites if your album is ultra bloated

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I keep forgetting to try out the new Vampire Weekend album

Maybe today will be the day

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

All bangers so far. I feel for those of you who can't experience the joys of this music. May your hearts soften one day.

lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

She also has the biggest platform in the world right now and is either not allowed to say anything of substance beyond "poor me" or "my boyfriend sucks" or actually doesn't have anything deeper going on

Seriously go through the lyrics, every single song is "I'm so deep and cool and hurt" or "that guy sucks"

with 31 songs you'd almost have to accidentally write something about the state of the world, or war, or politics, or loving anything about the nature of life beyond troubled relationships

even a sincere song about what it feels like to be the most famous musician in the world and the isolation of it but no, there's nothing

Anti-hero was a radio hit and seemed like it was about real feelings but I guess it scared the executives too much or something because this is a regression right back to her formulaic "nobody gets hurt, nobody gets offended" songwriting

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hootington is cringe

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ArmedZombie posted:

hootington is cringe

yep

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hell yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7kmP1fsGg8

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

is the song about playing Fortnite?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

if not, this one is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqRLVFRe9AU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I wonder if every song on an album has ever been in thr top 50 because I'm listening to spots 1-31 right now.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

being mad about taylor swift on the internet

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I wonder if every son on an album has ever been in thr top 50 because I'm listening to spots 1-31 right now.

yeah the chug jug song is pretty good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

10 kills on the board right now, just took out tomato town

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

is the song about playing Fortnite?

first they get palpatine , now this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

yeah she's making it hard to continue my position of benign indifference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020