Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

FirstnameLastname posted:

the lady thinks that she a reincarnation of hitler

this guy bothering you, hitler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

just finished watching through The Lone Gunmen and they really set a high bar having the first episode be about a government plot to fly a plane into the world trade center, didn't remember that at all

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

I'm watching Millennium and enjoying it a lot but I've been thinking about a pair of season 2 eps and how odd it seems to have both in the same series

in one they're after a russian who is apparently responsible for the chernobyl incident and they speculate he may be the antichrist under the logic that the 10 nations that follow him is referencing former soviet states. they actually say he might be the antichrist because that's just how russians are

in a later ep they introduce an organization of nazis that fled to South America and used stolen gold to start a corporation. they very explicitly state that their original enemy was communism and that this organization was actually responsible for the fall of the Berlin wall. really weird whiplash going from red scare nonsense to implying actual former nazi officials had the same goal as the us government

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

remake every hitchcock film with vince vaughan in the leading role

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

that baseball ep is amazing they pull the hood off a klan member to reveal an alien

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

UFOTacoMan posted:

yeah I just happened to rewatch that one recently.

Also another good one I saw recently was the on where the kid from the sandlot plays a vampire, it also has Luke Wilson in it.
The best part is Mulder and Scully get a chance to both describe independently what happened and it's funny to see the differences in their perspectives and how they view each other.

Lmao yeah the differences in Owen Wilson's character is great, I feel like I've seen the multiple perspectives thing done elsewhere but mostly in animated stuff

xfiles actually did comedy eps pretty well, I like the burt Reynolds one a lot. and the one with Peter Boyle although that's more darkly comedic

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Xaris posted:

ive never seen it in the first place but same lol. on paper just sounded like yet another smart Dr House guy tracks down evil criminals through smart profiling or w/e so i skipped it even though i love fincher

naw it's more about the development of profiling, they do a lot of interviews of killers that have already been caught. I don't feel like it takes a strong stance either way but it does show the shoddy unscientific way it was developed

it's worth a watch all the performances are great and there's a lot of personal stuff outside of their job. Would've been interesting to see what they would've done with btk going forward, he didn't get caught for like another 20 years and only because of his own fuckup

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

whatever it was we got many great movies and tv shows out of it, thank you Ed Gein

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

drat the theme song to parts unknown sucked rear end, rare miss from lanegan and homme on that one. well, less rare for homme nowadays but still

regular john was the perfect choice for Bourdain driving out to Joshua tree tho on whatever series that was

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

there's so many strange things in zardoz that no one ever talks about the part where a room full of people study the process of sean connery getting an erection

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Jensen and Jared recently said they are interested in and have had conversations about doing a revival/miniseries.

better get on that sooner rather than later, could easily end up like the X-Files revival

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

The united states is supposed to be a total shithole in fallout before the bombs dropped anyway, ravaged by disease with the military having to take control of the major cities to quell unrest. The idyllic past part, at least originally, is just old advertisements for things nobody at the time could actually afford

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

the power armor jetpacking in looked kinda dumb but whatever, I only want a moderately entertaining post apocalypse show and with bethesda not being involved I think that's actually achievable

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Also pretty sure that in Fallout 2 it's shown that the GECK isn't a magic fix the world box it's just, like, some instructions on how to build with adobe and some seed packets

even if it was a magic box the successful use of it is vault city which is just a shithole with a nice coat of paint

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

I was forced to watch It when I was 6 and I couldn't sleep for days afterward, I was allowed to tap out like halfway through and go outside. We had a big clothesline out there though and I kept thinking of the scene where Pennywise shows up from behind one. Stood there for like an hour with my bb gun aimed at it just in case lol

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

selec posted:

it feels like that exact same plot, but the episode I’m remembering was in color, the driver was a man and the guy he kept seeing on the side of the road was somebody who was maybe already dead and he felt some kind of guilt about it.
might’ve been a scientist of some kind.

pretty sure the first run was all in black and white so it would have to be from one of the later series if it was in color, maybe the 80's version?

really does sound kinda like the hitchhiker though which iirc the hitchhiker is death and the woman is already dead

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Whirling posted:

canon arguments make me wonder how they'd work in a world without IP laws. feels like people would just start making forking branches of things on their own if the other writers/developers/whatever made them mad

this is basically why fallout exists in the first place, interplay didn't have the rights to make another wasteland game

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Srice posted:

This is false, pre-Fallout 3 there were absolutely people super into Fallout that felt that 2 was a betrayal of everything it stood for, that it disrespected the lore, etc etc.

they're right

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

I watched the first episode of fallout last night and it was fine, cowboy ghoul guy owns

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

if you want to play a fallout game just play wasteland 2 or 3

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Are the Beverly Hillbillies woke?

granny is a chud

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Is she based? Or groyper pilled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sov-B8flEmc

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

chucky owned rick steiner in a war of words despite chucky being a pre taped video, chucky ftw

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

i decided to watch mad max 2, one of the goats. it's great how much is simply shown in a way that respects the viewer's basic intelligence to understand what is happening

I get the impression Miller really goes into the backstory or lore or whatever when writing but then dumps all the unnecessary poo poo in the final film because you get all these little glimpses into it but it's not overbearing or overly expository. Like there's a clear structure to the raiders but its not spelled out you just can just tell from their clothing and like one barely audible line calling out the names of different groups. It really makes it feel like a fully realized world while still being completely focused on the story its telling. All the mad max movies own even thunderdome which I used to think of as half of a good movie I ended up liking a lot more on a recent rewatch

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

the only time bill maher's show was funny was the time roddy piper pulled his pants down and stuck his rear end in bill's face

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

bill thought roddy was going to beat his rear end lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIpsFgZ3gAc

he was right to be afraid of the hot rod

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

waterworld, the postman, this. has anyone other than Kevin produced so many massive budget stinkers? lol. maybe he should stick to playing guitar at chamber of commerce events in Tomball

waterworld and the postman both own

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

tom petty plays tom petty but in the post apocalypse and he stands around smirking while kevin costner quotes tom petty songs, i think other stuff also happens but who cares two thumbs up right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I kinda miss the days of catching random movies on TV and if it's a good one that just kinda becomes your day

but at the same time, I'm never sitting through 3+ minute commercial breaks ever again in my life, nothing is worth it

i kinda replicate this by browsing archive.org and just watching whatever weird movie i see