Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
so what the gently caress killed the webcomics “renaissance” exactly? like a couple dozen creators who could actually draw and craft a joke managed to gain some prominence, fastforward and now the genre is beholden to the dystopian social media reblogging trends of poo poo worse than newspaper comics ever were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

what comics were good

genuine question

morning squirtz, klurfs, goblins

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

somehow phil lamarr was convinced that the goblins kickstarter animation was a viable project

what i'm saying is we can easily trick him into believing there's an official MadTV reboot and he'll be all in

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Sep 10, 2019

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvyd7JEtpvQ

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

he rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryzVc2aw6Q
picked up the slack for Disney during the 80s at least for well done animated features, the “nobility” of being a market contester to them is debatable though

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

have any of you had a gas station hamburger???

although, “Thank god for rednecks” said from the cabin of the latest Hummer model was a little jarring.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

that Billy Elliot girl sings alright I tell you what

perfect death drive music in pop nonetheless

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

vyelkin posted:

that person sounds like theyre a lot of fun at parties

so fun that the ladies couldn’t get enough of him

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

you’re just miffed that Kutcher gets to go home to Demi Moore every night. I understand because so am i :(

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

oh they divorced

well good for her :unsmith:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I see my man Muniz has been browsing the deviantarts lately

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

best Ellis was the guy who upon gaining superpowers loses his dick and later murders one of his teammates by ripping out his spine and then ceremoniously implanting it in his pelvis as his dick

that's the top tier skill that grants you tv writing gigs

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I really enjoyed Ultimate Spider-man when I was 14, but at the same time I had a passionate loathing for Brian Michael Bendis which is even more justified looking back at some excruciatingly bad bits.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

good, because that’s unabashedly more of a furry fandom type worldbuilding beat than anything the film actually ended up doing

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Baudolino posted:

DC should go full camp except for Batman who shoul still be the sourfaced angry grim loner from the Nolan movies but also the explicit bad guy. He no longer makes sense a hero. Make the Joker is just a dude that likes to play elaborate pratical jokes on the rich and powerful but no one ever gets hurt. Eventually Batman arrests him with extreme and excessive force.

this was pretty much Batman: White Knight which explicitly tries to position Joker as a leftist hero after Batman beats him half to death after some harmless radikewl skateboarding shenanigans (yes the Joker shreds in this Elseworld story). It’s also not good and is ruined by assuaging to police and good billionaires.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

oh yeah I forgot the bits of it that were fanboy pandering like there being two Harley Quinns, the "real" original one and a "fake" bimbo who's modeled on her current design. And all the tedious BTAS references!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Just noticed that while Family Guy has been running for like twenty years, the terrible Facebook memes (in classic Impact font image macro style) that it inspires utilize the least funny jokes from the first few seasons

kinda follows the Simpsons rule of seasons 1-9 being the good and memorable ones

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

America
https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/1183288141177712640

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

drat, you tell em Carlin!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I'll have one space fascist burger, hold the Han Solo box.
https://twitter.com/jacob_s_pumpkin/status/1186405437287161857?s=20

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

hey if a former president can gently caress a baby to death then it’s not too obscene to depict on tv

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

well, too bad, because making the choice of not subtitling the Japanese dialogue into English is racist!

commonality of man and context bypassing language barriers, what the gently caress is that poo poo?!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

I had no idea he was an actual suicidal drunk. Last thing I heard about him was that he had a personal him-centric social media platform that got trolled out of existence.

domestic abuser whose ex (or soon to be I’m not sure) alleges he brought in prostitutes/sexslaves pf dubious age and a lot of weirdness involving him utilizing his kid daughter’s name as the username of his private Snapchat as well as on a monogrammed bathrobe he’d make chicks wear

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I... see

Are there any mega successful people that aren’t comically evil? Like, every day I get a little closer to just being a paranoid conspiracy theorist and I hope that I don’t end up being one of the racist ones.

just get racist against Italian and Irish Americans and you’ll be in the clear

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I figure you don’t get to choose and it’s like a Pokémon style evolution

Pokémons often have diverging evolutions!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I think Taekugki got the North Korean endorsement

also the main guy is depicted as ten times as powerful after defecting to the communists

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

loved the handwringing over gratuitous nudity and when I finally check out the show it turns out to be the lead actress’ sad tits and prospector penis

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

or Sirens!

motherfuck!!!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

the wikipedia page for this is hilarious - the synopsis reads like it was a book report

In her backstory, Mclean and her father have moved three times in the last two years because of her dad's new job at EAT, Inc. With each of the moves, Mclean decides to take on different personas. Lakeview is their fourth move. Mclean is quizzed as to which persona she would pick—whether it would be "the perky rah-rah girl, black-clad drama queen, or student government joiner". But as she begins school, she forgets about all those personas and starts to be herself and attracts new friends, plus a new romance. Gus is trying to rebuild a restaurant called the Luna Blu, which is described as a "Contemporary Italian and old-fashioned good"

I do enjoy eating up some good ol’ fashioned good at the Italian restaurant run by some cucked Mick

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

holy poo poo now that I think about it the dad’s restaurant idea is just Andre’s Steakhouse but for white people

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Little leery because that guys got an anime avatar but otherwise lmao

did a Reverse GIS and :catstare:

quote:

Description and screenshots don't give a full impression of the game- it's a 'lolicon' dating simulator with lots of panty shots, sexual scenes and stuff that scirts on the borderline of being classified as 'nudity' by technicality alone.
The 'all-ages version' censorship patch is incorrectly named, this is very much not suitable for under 18s. The 'censorship' literally just whites out the screen during sex scenes, making them dialogue only. (With full voiceacting!) And it does nothing to remove gigantic cameltoe scenes or bare chests on these seemingly-underage characters.
I have nothing against people who enjoy that sort of game, but I'm asexual and this was a horrible surprise! Don't waste your money if you're expecting something like Recettear instead of Huniepop.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

NVM: completely different weird anime thing

dude's timeline is suss with loli poo poo though

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The screams of the GOnk echo through the catacombs as the skeleton robot puts the hot plate against his steam shooters

in the old EU (:rip:) the torturer droid is actually a female personality type making here a sexy dominatrix

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Nov 19, 2019

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

does he have to murder the HR director too?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Star Wars eu gave us the wonderful romance between the Cantina wolf man and space lamprey and detailed the bartender abandoning his robo racism by befriending a robot blender to juice Greedo’s corpse in, so I would never call it bad

been re-reading the Ennis Punisher comics and I gotta say not a lot of love for rap

or nu-metal

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Serf posted:

the leia seen was all disney. rion johnson wanted to kill leia off as part of his larger attempt to move the material forward away from a slavish devotion to the past. they even had a chance to keep his original cut where she died after fisher's death and chose not to!

remembering how years back Michael Eisner wanted to recast Jason Ritter for 8 Simples Rules for Dating My Daughter after he died and rightfully got poo poo for such a callous solution for an utimately forgettable sitcom, now gently caress it, Disney can make draconian decisions like that in franchises with way more cultural pull like nothing but wokely.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

homestuck cosplay lends itself well to entirely novel lows

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Go Nagai: big ole pervert and also a surprising influence on magical girl anime

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

General Dog posted:

Yeah there's no way he gives a poo poo or even takes it as an insult.

yeah he’s not, he’s actually laughing

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I mean a bad boy into tricked out cars and bikes (Anakin) who gets into an affair with an older woman (Padme) is Lynchian in spirit at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

General Dog posted:

The only problem I had with The Boys was the idea that the company that handles the supers would let them anywhere near an evangelist who touts gay conversion therapy in 2019, when they're supposed to be these antiseptic, meticulously focus grouped corporate products. That feels like a an artifact of older source material. They should be #woke brands. If anything, one of them is getting sent to Pride.

edit: was typing up the above while this was posted

it was muddled in the comics too, like there was one hero who had to apologize to the public for being gay and another who was made into the gay friendly hero for PR purposes (while also being a massive homophobe on top of that).

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

They should have turned it into a Disney Channel style pedophile grooming center

this is a storyline in the comics actually. almost like Ennis had an idea what Bryan Singer was up to too!