Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Considering they mentioned the desktop as a target for Apple Arcade, I sure hope they have something resembling an AAA title from consoles and PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

Does the YouTube stream keep dropping out/buffering or is it just my lovely wifi at work
It's hopping through different resolutions over here, so there's something going on.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

If no one can see, how the gently caress do you even know your baby is looking at something?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yeah, that best selling laptop probably costs a fraction of that iPad, too.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Meant laptop. Not sure, but it looked rather cheap.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Well, cheaper than expected.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

You can only listen to music on the go with an Apple Watch.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

OK, now let's hear if there's actually some innovative poo poo with that health monitoring with the upcoming devices. Only thing of interest for me.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yeah, please don't go into details with examples about a few upcoming research topics.

--edit: It's like that Cardiogram poo poo. All that woowoo about deep learning about heart health, and effectively, they don't tell you poo poo regarding your data.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 10, 2019

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Still that meh battery life. :|

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

99%?

No loving way. Whatsoever.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No triple cam, eh?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

Dolby Atmos on goddamn cell phone speakers?
Yeah, that's bullshit. Works on headphones, tho.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

All these comparisons and charts only mentioning the XR, I guess there's indeed a Pro range.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The Pro range will probably come with a hefty price hike. Because Proooooooooo.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

52mm focal length (35mm equivalent) is telephoto?!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The high framerate in combination with the large depth of field makes it look like crap.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That iPhone on the dolly looks ridiculous.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yikes, 1160€ for the 11 Pro here in Europe.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So I was sort of considering going with the iPhone because of a bunch of situations where I've been sick with fiddling around, or it getting more or less implied that it works best with iOS (random third party services and hardware). And I'd prefer to keep an OLED display. Because of the gadget whore I am, I also want the recent model. This'd leave me with the nearly 1200€ model. Now after a shower(thought), with the exception of Face ID and some SoC internals, with a bit of eye squinting, the current S10 of mine has hardware wise pretty much the same as that 11 Pro (same display manufacturer, same camera supplier, both have triple cameras, both have premium glass backs, etc blah blah, not sure how much a difference aluminium vs. steel frame would make), at nearly 300€ less back when I got it right on release, even less if you count the free Galaxy Buds that came with them. And 128GB instead of 64GB. The rest of the difference is largely software, and I'm not sure whether it's worth the 400€ delta, nevermind the total cost of jumping ship.

Maybe next year. It's eventually going to happen, tho.

Expected sort of a surprise new sensor for the watch, but I guess not. The health research crap was pretty wishy-washy. Pretty much like Cardiogram, lots of big talk on the blog about machine learning, but after years of being available, they still don't give you any info, not even just tentatively (because Eff Dee Aye, or whatever the gently caress).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

incoherent posted:

Shout out to apple getting on that type-c for the PRO. Still lightning on one side, but it's the right step.
I don't think it's going to change any time soon on the phones, because of existing accessories.