Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Not caught up on the LP yet, but having played the game and knowing this reference via pop cultural osmosis...

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kangra posted:

Actually they'll be fighting a tapdancing Christopher Walken colossus.

Wow, rude, just casually dropping spoilers out in the open like that.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

The guy and the girl both have names, though they don't really come up in the game itself since there's pretty much no dialogue. As for the colossi, there are no canonical names for them in the game itself or in any associated side materials, though some websites out there swear up and down that there are official name lists that were released for them at some point.

This is another colossus that can be a pain in the rear end your first time through the game. It's interesting because the body language it displays when you're diving it back with the fire is almost enough to make you feel guilty or sympathetic to it... unless it manages to knock you down and then systematically maul you to death by stun-locking you whenever you try to get back up.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Another one of my favorite battles in this game. This was definitely one of the few colossi I truly felt bad about killing.

Also, I've always found it interesting that the protagonist is such a natural at his shooting bow, riding Agro, and shooting his bow while riding Agro, but is absolutely abysmal when it comes to swordsmanship.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Iunnrais posted:

Fans tend to agree that Phalanx, the flying dragon colossus, is innocent and pure and it is a terrible crime to kill it.

:hmmyes:

lunnrais posted:

Fans also tend to agree that Cenobia, this one, is a dangerous monster and killing it is doing the world a service.

I disagree. To me, Cenobia comes across more as like a guard dog trying to protect its territory and itself from a dangerous intruder. Yes, it's highly aggressive, but so were most of the other colossi once they notice you. He only seems more dangerous because he's small and quick, instead of large and lumbering. And really, at the end of the day, the only reason you're a threat to him at all is because you have the sword; who's to say how it would react to someone approaching it without it?