Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Art such as it is, like the title image and the episode banners will be handled by the wonderful Bifauxnen. (Who is long overdue for a credit in these OPs)

Disclaimer: "such as it is" can be translated as "usually all she does is crop stuff and put some text on it", and hell, I'm not even keepin up too well with the schedule this time... :cheeky:

But man, I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

One thing I'd forgotten since I watched a different LP of this game years ago was how Dormin mentioned quite explicitly that their body was broken up into 16 parts.

I wonder if that puts a big damper on the whole guilty feeling you're supposed to have, from killing the individual colossi. Even if they developed new individual identities, it doesn't seem like those individual identities would necessarily be lost by bringing Dormin back. We even see some of those shadows hurriedly rushing in to rejoin Dormin. It could be out of fear, but it didn't appear to be unwilling. Dormin has always been a "legion" sort of being, speaking in multiple voices and referring to themself as "we"... but then again, Dormin's lines delivered in that ending bit where they fully possess Wander sound like more of a singular voice. Not sure if that's just me not listening closely enough, but before the multiple voices were way more obvious and easy to hear.

But even if killing the individual colossi turns out to mean very little, and isn't a tragedy for them, I think all the sad-music bits still fit for mourning Wander himself. As he gets progressively taken over by these strange forces, giving up more and more of himself, choosing each time to keep going down this path no matter how much it costs him. I agree with that big post up there that Wander couldn't be that oblivious. He likely knew all along to take all that "heavy price" talk seriously. But he also likely decided all along that he did not loving care one bit.

btw despite all your worries about this LP format not really letting you get too emotionally immersed in the game... it was really great to see you actually play out all that determination down to the end, Nat!

Nat20 posted:

I will grab on to every single step, in defiance of this...

:allears: