Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Honestly, even after knowing how it's supposed to be taken down, it can still take way too long to get it to do its "inspection". It probably is the most boring, annoying fight in the game so far as I'm concerned. Incidentally, it is possible to forego running around to climb its back--if you are fast enough when it looks into the barrow, you can run back up to it and jump onto the dangling ornaments, and climb them directly up onto the face and head.

Good job, though, and keep up the good work! The next colossus is one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Episode 07 - Lost

Okay, so this was an editing decision I'm uncertain of.

We spend most of this episode completely lost, but I felt that in doing so we were at least exploring the world and engaging in what seems to be an important part of the experience. If people want me to cut this stuff down in the future, please chime in.

Oh dear. :doh:

Easiest way to get to this colossus was to go all the way north along The Bridge, then straight west. But I don't mind seeing the whole "getting lost" experience; that's part of the game. If it happens again, I say keep it in. And remember how to navigate that canyon--you'll be back through that way getting to future fights.

Also: lizards. Assuming it works the same way it did in the original, only lizards with white tails increase your stamina. None of the ones you killed had those. You monster. (try looking around on some of the save shrines you pass by)

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Wa11y posted:

You forgot your banner image, I whipped one up for you.
:lost:

I can't think which will be a better title for next episode: "Water Temple" or "Nantucket Slay Ride".

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

This one really looks a hell of a lot better in HD than the original, drat.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Black Robe posted:

I also agree with the condemnation of creepy crawlies in general. The cool insects neither creep nor crawl. Bees, butterflies, moths and ladybugs are all rad dudes.

(Wasps don't count. They're just evil bees. I suspect they creep when unobserved.)

I'd personally like to add praying mantises to the "cool insects" classification. Something about how clean they look, how big and obvious they are, and they way they carry themselves make them seem polite, somehow. Like they're embarrassed to be bugs.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

No, you can definitely fire backward in the original version. I've never been able to consistently do the standing up move.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

I don't think that was actually a glitch, just the physics engine being a bit tetchy; I've had that happen to me before as well.

The best way to do this fight is to use the camera to try dropping directly onto its back; failing that, staying close is your best bet to avoid attacks. That said, I also feel bad about this one--the poor kitty!

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 8, 2019

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Soooo close!

I really am sorry about your misfortune, but I must admit I was laughing hysterically at it. A little hint: you can also stab the left hand too; he won't try to grab it, but he will hold it still long enough for you to get onto his arm, so you can save some stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

I honestly never knew just how ridiculously far Wander Randy can get flung if you time a jump just right. The best I ever managed was on the third Colossus, either making the jump onto his waist, or onto his arm above where it's supposed to break. Really, I think perhaps the nuttiest things were:

--Skipping righto the head of Eelossus
--Randy charges the final boss (I've never been able to make it across the field; always did it the conventional way)