Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Usual reminder that the New LP thread exists and you should post on it.

Looking forward to this, I know just enough about the game to be curious how well it achieves all the things it tries to do. And of course it's very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Carbon dioxide posted:

This is a good game to see a blind LP on.

Controls tip: unlike games such as Zelda, you never actually control Agro. You always control Wander (the protagonist). When you're on Agro, you only control the reins. And if you pull the reins hard the horse will just get stressed and make a hard turn. Always be gentle with the reins.

Okay that's fantastic. I like game horses that act like horses. Even if they're frustrating to actually control.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I say keep it in future episodes as well.

Not that I don't have every confidence in your navigation skills. Honestly. You and Tea in an open world distracting each other will obviously never get lost again. Ahem.

More seriously, I can't speak for everyone but I think generally we're watching you LP this to see you LP this. If I want to see someone do it perfectly I'll go look that up.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

anilEhilated posted:

Being arachnophobic I heartily approve of the spider talk. They are a menace and THE WORLD NEEDS TO BE TOLD.

:agreed:

If they're so innocent and harmless how come they're always sneaking into my house, huh? No flies in here. They're after something else. Blood.

I also agree with the condemnation of creepy crawlies in general. The cool insects neither creep nor crawl. Bees, butterflies, moths and ladybugs are all rad dudes.

(Wasps don't count. They're just evil bees. I suspect they creep when unobserved.)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Meaty Ore posted:

I'd personally like to add praying mantises to the "cool insects" classification. Something about how clean they look, how big and obvious they are, and they way they carry themselves make them seem polite, somehow. Like they're embarrassed to be bugs.

I'll allow it in theory, though in practice I'd still freak out if one showed up in my house.

Fish Noise posted:

don't mind me, just pouring a bucket of house centipedes into "Cool Bugs"

No.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Your health was going down while you were standing there, you didn't instantly die. I assume the mist from his breath attack is some sort of poisonous fumes.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...thanks, Nat, now I'm going to have the drat Um Bongo jingle in my head all day :catstare:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Meaty Ore posted:

That said, I also feel bad about this one--the poor kitty!

:same: it seems so much less monstrous than some of the others. (Biased, who me?)

Also Walker holds his scabbard when he runs because otherwise it whacks into your legs and is really annoying/potentially a trip hazard.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 8, 2019

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Psst, Nat. You were too busy watching the footie last night and forgot to post here when Episode 14 went up.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm not sure you needed an excuse :v: but happy birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

"The straight man and the dick bicker all the time and the grizzled old professional is the one who can be relied upon to actually provide accurate commentage."

Tea, you just described pretty much every RPG party ever.