Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

W.T. Fits posted:

Another one of my favorite battles in this game. This was definitely one of the few colossi I truly felt bad about killing.

Also, I've always found it interesting that the protagonist is such a natural at his shooting bow, riding Agro, and shooting his bow while riding Agro, but is absolutely abysmal when it comes to swordsmanship.

It honestly makes a lot of sense, he's likely not had the sword for long. Every bit of story points to him having stolen it for his quest.

The sword has magical properties, outside of JRPGs, when would you ever give something like that to someone that young?
He's in the forbidden land trying to resurrect the girl who was sacrificed for ~reasons~
He's awkward with it, constantly clutching the sheath when he's running.
His gait is unbalanced with the sword out, while it's much smoother and natural looking with the bow in hand.
He's clearly not trained with a sword while being fantastically skilled with his bow and mounted combat.
Out of the six people that are heading toward the temple at the end of Ep 14, only one has a sword. The weapon doesn't even seem common to his people.

This game is so dang good at telling it's story through subtle details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

"I'm so good at this game!"
Proceeds to not just climb down the wrist after the sword gets dropped to get to the hand.

The voice manages to always be super helpful and clear right after you've figured out what to do. I don't know what the triggers are for the tips, but I swear the game manages to tell you just after you've solved it.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Your reactions to the crazier techniques are correct and you shouldn't be ashamed. The speed runners have had the original game to work on for thirteen years and over a year and a half on this version.