Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Grouchio posted:

It seems the mainstream media remain dogged that Biden comes out on top every time. I can see the coverups live from MSNBC's headlines about the debate.
Should I worry for Bernie?

No, its backfiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Professor Skittles posted:

I'm not even sure who i support at this point

Professor Skittles posted:

Nice nothing. I volunteer for Bernie.

nice try

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

quote:

His aides and advisors have been keeping him away from crowds and cameras as much as possible, fueling all sorts of speculation and rumors about his speaking ability, and he just got completely murdered during the debate. It's unlikely he's gone for good, but even the media and his own staffers are throwing him under the bus, so it doesn't look good for Diamond Joe.

Still reigns true.

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008

Ranter posted:

nice try

:downs:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

I replied to her and got a ton of likes: Biden is the front-runner among people who aren't paying attention, because he has the greatest name recognition. That's it. That's all. There's a reason he is sequestered.

Here is a big salmon:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLive/status/1172235860571557888

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 13, 2019

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Grouchio posted:

Should I worry for Bernie?

Nobody is talking about Bernie. Everyone is beating up Castro for saying Biden said something he didn’t (though whether it’s a lie is never looked into.)

Right now one of their daytime hosts is calling him a disgrace for these age related memory loss suggestion.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

After Rahm and Condalezzas appearance Colbert is dead to me.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Uncle Wemus posted:

I feel the same way tonight, with Jon Lovett as the main guest

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

Jon Stewart wasn't dead to me when Rumsfeld or Musharraf showed up.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

the guy had kissinger on the last episode of the Colbert Report

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Strong point by Warren here

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1172369152427753475

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

colbert is someone who hasn't adapted to the times. the colbert report was funny and subversive because it satirized the president in a time when satirizing the president got you yelled at and called a terrorist, even if the satire was coming from a milquetoast democrat. these days it's the cultural mainstream to make fun of the president because he's only ever been supported by a minority of the country. so having mainstream democrats on to call trump mean names is pretty weak poo poo, especially when those same dems largely have the same positions as bill clinton

e: vvv yeah that's something else I was thinking about earlier. the attack wouldn't have landed if there weren't this unspoken acknowledgement that biden's not all there. if he'd said it to bernie it would have come across as weird and out of place

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 13, 2019

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
It's real interesting that the pundits are roasting Castro for attacking Biden's age, even though that's not what he said at all. The fact that they jumped straight to the conclusion that it was an age jab suggests that they feel that Biden's very vulnerable in that regard, and were waiting in the wings with pre-written decorum responses for someone to take aim at it.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

It's explicitly a contest, though.

It is good to hear her say that she supports Medicare for All, though since there are multiple plans floating around by that name she should probably be more specific (she will not be more specific).

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Best possible outcome of tonight at this point: conservative media picks up that dentures video and Trump calls him Toothless Joe Biden.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wicked Them Beats posted:

It's explicitly a contest, though.

That's the joke, yeah.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Grouchio posted:

So you've given up on Bernie becoming the nominee or am I severely misreading this?

There’s still a path to the nomination, and it’s way too early to give up. But I’d be lying if I said I was optimistic. It’s still hellworld out here.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
I thought Ramos and Linsey Davis were for the most part both really good moderators tonight. I will choose to believe Stephanopoulos was responsible for that awful last resilience question as he sucked per usual.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/BetaODork/status/1172307981263728641?s=20

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

rko posted:

There’s still a path to the nomination, and it’s way too early to give up. But I’d be lying if I said I was optimistic. It’s still hellworld out here.

Bernie's got a strong, motivated ground game that's continually bolstering him in the early primary states. I think there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic, if cautiously so.

JesusSinfulHands posted:

I thought Ramos and Linsey Davis were for the most part both really good moderators tonight. I will choose to believe Stephanopoulos was responsible for that awful last resilience question as he sucked per usual.

I didn't like Ramos' framing of the Venezuela question, but he was otherwise pretty decent.

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

I wish I lived in whatever parallel universe Biden transcended into for a second.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

He was in that universe for much much longer than that. I think it was just after that, when asked if he regretted the deportations under Obama, he responded "I'm the Vice President of the United States" (after being told he had not in fact answered the question)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Biscats n Gravy posted:

I wish I lived in whatever parallel universe Biden transcended into for a second.

Well, I have some good news for you...

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011
Anyone remember Jemele Hill? I'm sure that carries weight. Maybe Michael Smith can also comment.

pizza combos fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 13, 2019

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Majorian posted:

I didn't like Ramos' framing of the Venezuela question, but he was otherwise pretty decent.

I thought the way he phrased the vegan question was pretty terrible too.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

AsInHowe posted:

I replied to her and got a ton of likes: Biden is the front-runner among people who aren't paying attention, because he has the greatest name recognition. That's it. That's all. There's a reason he is sequestered.

she's actually correct because she's not talking about your average white folks, who, like you say, are polling for Biden because he's the recognizable name in the campaign, she's talking about the people in the media and the political class who know all of these candidates but got spooked by Trump's wins in Michigan/Wisconsin/Pennsylvania, and are thus inflating Biden's potential candidacy because that's the only possibility they see where the mythical Obama/Trump voters will come back and everything will return to normal. And so, the media completely ignoring the fact that Joe Biden is saying dumb/disqualifying/senile poo poo on a weekly basis, and just got up on stage in front of a national audience and stuttered out the most ignorant old man poo poo about black parents.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

BristolSOF posted:

All you need to see...
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1172349435071881216

And the video cuts off before he turns the question about slavery into Maduro

Dubar posted:

He was in that universe for much much longer than that. I think it was just after that, when asked if he regretted the deportations under Obama, he responded "I'm the Vice President of the United States" (after being told he had not in fact answered the question)

Another Parallel universe Biden:
01:18 "My deceased Wife is a teacher." Biden 2020: Work till you are dead, then keep working.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Is Biden dead yet

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

Is Biden dead yet

Brain is dead, body still moving.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

AsInHowe posted:

My favorite anecdote from a Democratic primary voter was the older lady who believed that Meghan McCain was "the fat girl who sang songs about being fat all the time", confusing Meghan McCain with Meghan Trainor.

Hell, same.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

In case we needed any further proof that Castro did the objectively morally correct thing:

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1172351742496923648

We can't have candidates attacking one another, that's what the press is for!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You see if all the candidates are real nice and don't say anything bad about each other then Trump and the GOP will be forced to do the same in the General Election. Now where's my DNC paycheck?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

AsInHowe posted:

My favorite anecdote from a Democratic primary voter was the older lady who believed that Meghan McCain was "the fat girl who sang songs about being fat all the time", confusing Meghan McCain with Meghan Trainor.

Holy :lol: what?

That is amazing :allears:

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

I think at this point most people who care about the primary have already made their decision. We'll only see permanent shifts in polling when candidates drop out, since Harris' bump eventually dissapated over raw time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Castro addressed Biden's mental state and his memory. The fact that moderate succ dems see that as unassailable issues the GOP won't go after is utterly laughable.

Like if I'm the GOP strategist against Biden, I am going to cut as many soundbites from that record player rant as possible, add the ominous political ad music, and put an ever growing ? superceded over it.

The GOP have no shame, and no one will call out the hypocrisy of attacking a dying brain candidate when you have Trump running

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 13, 2019

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tried to find fault with this and could not.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1172483249748230146

mdemone posted:

Tried to find fault with this and could not.

sanders is always holding five aces.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Well, they've got a pretty tight stranglehold on the conversation until recently, so I guess they still think they have the clout to insist that the Emperor totally has clothes and any claims to the contrary are fake news.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oh just die already

can someone tell me why the senator who lost with a moderate message in a wave election year is on the stage whining about moderate voters, please?