Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kibayasu posted:

Oh this should be interesting. I never sought out the original in any form, not even videos, only hearing about it from other people. Played the remake but I've always had a mild curiosity of how bad the first could have been. Guess I'll find out.

:same:

I played Prophecy, having heard nothing about it or the original, and thought it was pretty decent. Then later I heard people talking about how terrible it was and basically thought they were overreacting until I learned that there was an earlier version that was significantly different from the one I played and that's the one they were talking about.

I'm particularly interested to see the original ending since I wasn't that impressed by the later stages of the remake, so for the original to be that much worse means it must be a sight to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

theenglishman posted:

Okay. I've already finished rendering Video 2, but I can start putting in a watermark (Xbox/Steam) in the corner or something starting with Video 3, if that would help.

I would also appreciate that, because I did lose track a couple of times in the first video. :-)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

theenglishman posted:

For me, a bigger issue is that we will never learn what a normal, everyday Malthusian actually thinks. Same goes for the Cornucopians.

It seems pretty easy to work out from their ideologies, IMO. The everyday Malthusian wants to reduce the population, probably via access to education and contraception at the least extreme end and going up through legal restrictions on procreation, forced abortion and sterilisation, and all the way up to the outright genocide proposed by the extremists. The average Cornucopians probably don't have a problem with voluntary contraception but believe that anything beyond that is unnecessary and therefore unethical because advances in science and technology can be relied upon to solve any remaining problem. The extremists are probably more likely to be religious fundamentalists or technological utopians and have blind faith in either as-yet unknown advances solving everything or the world ending or being saved by supernatural means.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The different ammo types were one thing in this game that I just didn't get at all. Like, I tried them out but then just switched back to sonic because it was easier than bothering with the others. Was there actually any clear advantage to switching?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Is it weird that the game looks actually kind of good so far in the Prophecy version?

I liked it when I played it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

theenglishman posted:

It's time to end this.
Oh my god, that ending is incredible. How do you even write an ending that bad? You'd save Scoot and discover the much bigger threat that you have to stop in part two. That's the obvious way to do it. If you want to go a little less obvious, you'd fail to save Scoot and you get your revenge in part two. Under no circumstances do you just stop like you were writing to an incredibly strict deadline and ran out of time mid-sentence.

Also, having played Prophecy, I'm kind of surprised that the thing isn't even in the original. I did wonder when I played it why you only got it right at the end, and knowing now that it's not even in the original version just makes me wonder why they bothered to add it if they weren't going to introduce it earlier on.