Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm surprised you didn't make a comparison to Half-Life, which is what jumped out at me from this first episode. You're playing as a nobody, a very smart and athletic nobody, but probably not someone who's ever held a gun before, and it's just another day at work when everything goes to hell.

Game looks surprisingly promising so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kibayasu posted:

You don't have to travel into the future and live on a city-boat to know what an average Malthusian thinks, just bring up population control with any group of actual people today. "We definitely need to reduce the population. Not me though. Or anyone I know. Or anyone that might impact my life or the lives of people I know. All those other people far away, they need to be controlled."

And, for that matter, there's just recently been a couple of blockbuster movies with a villain whose plan is to solve an overpopulation crisis by killing half of all living things.

It's one of those technocratic positions where there actually is kind of a legitimate point somewhere deep inside, but it has never and will never be manifested or applied in a reasonable, unbiased way.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Is it weird that the game looks actually kind of good so far in the Prophecy version? I'm a weirdo who loves water levels in games, subject to how good their controls are, and this seems like a perfectly serviceable third-person shooter/adventure game so far. Kate also seems like a pretty decent female video game protagonist, she's not sexualized and her character is not obsessed with past trauma.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SSNeoman posted:

"Scoot, I'm radioactive now. That can't be good."

That or her x gene just activated in response to stress. Hope she got a good power out of it.