Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
I enjoy the comparison aspect of the LP. Would you consider putting an info text in the videos saying which version is playing? It can be easy to miss at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

theenglishman posted:

Okay. I've already finished rendering Video 2, but I can start putting in a watermark (Xbox/Steam) in the corner or something starting with Video 3, if that would help.

Great, thanks!

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
It's pretty neat that the terrorists are based on a real philosophy.

It is also quite neat - maybe a coincidence - that they want to go starting murdering at 9.8 B people. The carrying capacity of the Earth is currently estimated at roughly 10 B people, but that is expected to increase. Around 1900 the carrying capacity was estimated at 1 B people but was increased by improved agriculture, and it is expected to increase again primarily due to less meat consumption (due to artificial meat, more vegetarian diets and eating new things like insects). I can totally see the people going on a perpetual cruise because the world sucks being part of the problem and extremists putting 9.8 B and 0.3 B together and getting more than 10 B.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Oh hey, don't beat yourself up over a brief delay. It's not Youtube where regularity is everything. Here, people just bookmark a thread and watch updates as they come. I enjoy seeing a game I'd not seen before and appreciate the work you've put into the editing. It's more fun watching an LP you enjoy making instead of having it on a strict schedule so it becomes a chore.

It's quite funny how some of the cool advances in gaming is sometimes made by games remembered for being terrible in most or all respects except for a cool tech. Aside from Hydrophobia's water technology, another elemental example that comes to mind is Alone in the Dark's fire engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG69Z0miXmU