Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got a large amoutn of money from a large private foundation to buy poo poo for my theatre and ima buy 1 of these =D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Management posted:

buy one for me too smythe

alright

qirex posted:

buy a large stack of macs mini instead

just put those fuckers everywhere

wish i could bro my mac minis have been pretty drat deece but i need somethig to push a lot of video >_> ............ and these Fools can't just program in isadora which would run on my epic as gently caress FULL ATX pc..........

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mah headless MAC PRO jammed in a dark corner on a rusted rack O_O

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

whats the point of the mac pro? if your imac pro can't do it then it's a job for a server farm

theatrical playout rig, OP..

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fart simpson posted:

you could build a hella linux rig for that kinda cash

Tell me about it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my mac pro will live a lonely, strange life. jammed in a tiny dark corner, far away from the world, sequestered on an empty subnet, its only interaction with the world being the cables that come out of it and being remoted into by a like 2014 macbook air and my $120 chromebook.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
occasionally it will reach out to the outside and speak to its only friend, a unifi managed gigibit switch, looking for companionship, and its cries will be answered with deafening silence.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

dont amd computer chips make your computer crash a lot

apparently theyre good now ?????? which owns.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk what processor or anything is insidew the New Mac Pro.................

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Soricidus posted:

if you care what processor you have, you arent the target market for the mac pro, or indeed any apple product

(ok I guess caring greatly about the quality of the cpu in your phone would be a valid reason to avoid most androids, but how many iphone users know any more than number after a go up mean good)

normal ppl dont give a poo poo about their phone procesor myself included, OP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i think u should care about the components inside a workstation tho, OP. just my 2c

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

this is what amd says every time and every time its a lie

i want to believe bro. im was a thunderbird man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pcie4 is very fast o_0