Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

the necromancer strikes again :skeltal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

is everyone happy with their macs?

no, don't buy one - they're still trash

mac pros cost as much money as a car, and everything other mac product is still hot garbage

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Just in case we forget that mac pros are idiot computers for stupid people, a maxed out mac pro costs $53,948.00 USD american yankee dollars

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
and that's with the optional wheel addon, of course. Still no screen though, that costs extra.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Reminder that you can buy two brand spankin' new toyota corollas for the price of a decked out mac pro

or one corolla and a better computer from somebody else

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
And when you buy a mac pro, you get a ~PrOfeSsIoNaL~ computer that you can use to signal that you are a ~CrEaTiVe Professional~,

features you can enjoy:
- wrecking your IT budget
- an OS that gets worse with every release
- backwards compatibility? Lol not if you're using xcode or any developer tools
- software that you can also get on the PC, except for maybe xcode
- paying $400 for wheels to put on your computer
- depending on macports or homebew for literally anything productive as a swdev
- "think different"

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 3, 2020

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

it’s me, I’m hans gruber

cool, thanks for markdown

also markdown was incomplete and now there are a bunch of incompatible markdowns so suck it

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

ok if the mac pro is a "scam" what should i use to develop my unity3d iphone shovelware games. my criteria is it compiles ios apps quickly and it has a real gpu that can handle good graphics.

bottom-of-the-line mac mini (maybe pay for a RAM upgrade), external GPU, external SSD, third-party monitor

Don't give apple a cent more than you have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
for me it's more of a "gently caress apple, don't give them your money" kind of thing, not a rule 36 kind of thing