Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

i had a beer but the nighte is yong so i might just have another

da nites a pup but ur a big dog

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I'm not drinking tonight because I'm to lazy to go to the store and get more beer, but I generally like Czechvar (in Europe it's called Budweiser and it's totally different from US pisswater), or a nice tart sour. Sometime's I drink vodka when I want to party by myself.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i had a PBR today

Dell_Zincht

magic cactus posted:

I'm not drinking tonight because I'm to lazy to go to the store and get more beer, but I generally like Czechvar (in Europe it's called Budweiser and it's totally different from US pisswater), or a nice tart sour. Sometime's I drink vodka when I want to party by myself.

In the UK it's called Budweiser Budvar and confuses a lot of people who buy it expecting pisswater and get a really decent pilsner instead

Dell_Zincht

I had a really good milk stout last night.

Milk stout owns.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Goons Are Great posted:

Note that stuff there might be inaccurate or outdated, I learned all of that in school and it's been a while and also I think I had a C or something in that class, but it was elementary school so I can blame adults.

matched up with what I know about bottom-fermenting (lager) yeasts vs. top-fermenting (ale) yeasts! I give you A+

also i heard the ur Czech pils was using the palest malt yet invented, so it was a novelty for its golden color

Escape From Noise

I'm drinking some beer from Oxbow Brewing from Portland, Maine. It's tasty.

Escape From Noise

Hugh Malone posted:

matched up with what I know about bottom-fermenting (lager) yeasts vs. top-fermenting (ale) yeasts! I give you A+

also i heard the ur Czech pils was using the palest malt yet invented, so it was a novelty for its golden color

It's wild how relatively recent Pilsner is. I like Pilsner Urquell a lot. It even shows up in one of my favorite movies Daisies.

nut

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'm drinking some beer from Oxbow Brewing from Portland, Maine. It's tasty.

ive read things about food and culture and i hate to break it to you but that is a Pogo which is a cornbread hotdog stick

Heather Papps

hello friend

wow okay i guess i should have known because of video game controllers being small but holy gently caress are you like a thousand feet tall or are japanese beer glasses just the tiniest things?

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

ive read things about food and culture and i hate to break it to you but that is a Pogo which is a cornbread hotdog stick

SIR! I will have you know that it is the name of the bar I am currently at.

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

wow okay i guess i should have known because of video game controllers being small but holy gently caress are you like a thousand feet tall or are japanese beer glasses just the tiniest things?

It's like a half pint sized pour. About the same as the US but definitely more expensive.

Heather Papps

hello friend

"You telling me you ain't got a pint mug in the 'ole bleeding boozer?"
"And what in hell's name is a pint?" said the barman, leaning forward with the tips of his fingers on the counter.
"'Ark at 'im! Calls 'isself a barman and don't know what a pint is! Why, a pint's the 'alf of a quart, and there's four quarts to the gallon. 'Ave to teach you the A, B, C next."
"Never heard of 'em,' said the barman shortly. 'Litre and half litres - that's all we serve. There's the glasses on the shelf in front of you."
"I likes a pint," persisted the old man. "You could 'a drawed me off a pint easy enough. We didn't 'ave these bleeding litres when I was a young man."
"When you were a young man we were all living in the tree-tops," said the barman, with a glance at the other customers.
There was a shout of laughter, and the uneasiness caused by Winston's entry seemed to disappear. The old man's white-stubbed face had flushed pink. He turned away, muttering to himself, and bumped into Winston. Winston caught him gently by the arm.
"May I offer you a drink?" he said.
"You're a gent," said the other, straightening his shoulders again. He appeared not to have noticed Winston's blue overalls. "Pint!" he added aggressively to the barman. "Pint of wallop.'"

nut

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

SIR! I will have you know that it is the name of the bar I am currently at.

how did u fit inside the cornbread coating

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

how did u fit inside the cornbread coating

Very carefully

Heather Papps

hello friend

it keeps his meat moist, but gives the nicest crispy coating

Heather Papps

hello friend

:nattyburn:

Finger Prince

If you're in a place where you can get it (Ontario, possibly other provinces), Beau's lugtread is a nice beery beer.
Blood Brothers in toronto make some really weird brews that are all tasty, but their sours are amazing. I really like sours, but you can't drink a lot of them.
Steam whistle came out with an IPA this summer and it tastes exactly like you would think an IPA from steam whistle would taste, which to me was really good. Not crazy hoppy or anything, and refreshing. However it probably suffers the same problem as all steam whistle though, in that it gets exponentially worse the farther you get it from the brewery in Toronto (kind of like Heineken in Amsterdam).

Escape From Noise

I really like sours. My dream is to some day open my own brewery with a robust true barrel aged sour program.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

Steam whistle came out with an IPA this summer and it tastes exactly like you would think an IPA from steam whistle would taste, which to me was really good. Not crazy hoppy or anything, and refreshing.

i don't like hoppiness but i love steam whistle

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

i don't like hoppiness but i love steam whistle

but a good beer delivers happiness

nut

Finger Prince posted:

If you're in a place where you can get it (Ontario, possibly other provinces), Beau's lugtread is a nice beery beer.
Blood Brothers in toronto make some really weird brews that are all tasty, but their sours are amazing. I really like sours, but you can't drink a lot of them.
Steam whistle came out with an IPA this summer and it tastes exactly like you would think an IPA from steam whistle would taste, which to me was really good. Not crazy hoppy or anything, and refreshing. However it probably suffers the same problem as all steam whistle though, in that it gets exponentially worse the farther you get it from the brewery in Toronto (kind of like Heineken in Amsterdam).

blood bros is the best brewery in turonno and if u dont think so i will fight you im takin gmy shirt off now in preparation for the haters

nut

i dunno if they ran into trouble but the old cans that looked like bud light owned

Escape From Noise

I'm taking some time off from drinking until that Mikkeller tap takeover event next week.

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

i dunno if they ran into trouble but the old cans that looked like bud light owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1o8uKykUc

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
bought oddhair a sixer of 2019 Bigfoot by Sierra Nevada

we are enjoying it responsibly and I'm taking an Uber home later

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
also drinking bunahobbin (misspelled) scotch whisky which is like if somebody made a beer out of single malt that was smoky and then distilled it

Escape From Noise

Went to that sorta Mikkeller event last night. Descent raspberry sour but too many hazy IPAs. I dunno. Just not my thing. The porter was alright. They called it a "session porter" despite it being 5.5 abv. Marketing. Whatever. Had fun

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Hugh Malone posted:

bought oddhair a sixer of 2019 Bigfoot by Sierra Nevada

we are enjoying it responsibly and I'm taking an Uber home later

Ooooo I'm going to have to keep my eye out, I didn't know Bigfoot was already out. It's one of my favorites

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ooooo I'm going to have to keep my eye out, I didn't know Bigfoot was already out. It's one of my favorites

it was some of the 2019 from February I found randomly in the wild...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'm drinking some Samuel Adams Oktoberfest, it's very yum.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I'm drinking some Samuel Adams Oktoberfest, it's very yum.
:same:

I decided the belgian beer i used to really like was Wittekirke, but I couldn't find any so I got some Fat tire belgian style wheat beer or w/e and its pretty bad and has no body and a slight aftertaste of aspartame or something. V. disappointed

I think Bass might be my favorite beer for all seasons as it so nicely balanced

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Twenty Four

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I think Bass might be my favorite beer for all seasons as it so nicely balanced

If only I could get it on tap year round like I used to...

Escape From Noise

Having a Yorocco hoppy Belgian pale ale at a good beer spot near my place. It's the owner's birthday and a lot of cool people I know are here.

Heather Papps

hello friend

http://norsebrewery.com/

stopped in here on my drive cause the sign said free samples

gently caress dang their dark ale is amazing. it is like3.9 but rich as hell but i think i could drink them all night

i told alexi i have been looking my whole life for a session stout and he laughed with me

buy this beer holy poo poo

the blond is over hopped but thats what sells! amber, v good, but gently caress me is the dark excellent as all get out.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Hugh Malone posted:

it was some of the 2019 from February I found randomly in the wild...

Hmmm. Oh well.

Lately it's been pilsner time cause it's still so got dang hot outside

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hmmm. Oh well.

Lately it's been pilsner time cause it's still so got dang hot outside

heck yeah, same

also been into this dogfish head Sea Quench, which I guess is kind of a gose but the sourness might be just from limes. has salt like a gose

local heroes 8th Wonder have a gose I like too, but it might be the name I really like: Haterade

Escape From Noise

Hugh Malone posted:

heck yeah, same

also been into this dogfish head Sea Quench, which I guess is kind of a gose but the sourness might be just from limes. has salt like a gose

local heroes 8th Wonder have a gose I like too, but it might be the name I really like: Haterade

I dunno. I think sea quench is basically a gose and the whole "a mesh of three styles!" is mostly marketing hype.:shrug:

I mean the difference between a gose and a Berliner is salt, coriander, and ABV, Berliner is supposed to be 2.8-3.8% while gose can be around 5. The tartness probably comes from kettle souring (dropping pH with lactobacillus before the boil) as well as the lime juice. Maybe it was also brewed at kölsch temps.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i didn't drink that much last night, but i haven't been drinking a lot lately, so "not that much" turned into "fairly drunk" oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

The few gose you can get around here are really weak ABV, which makes no sense since it is hot as hell here most of the time, and they are a great summer beer, and you have to really seek them out. Like I would have to go to the specialty warehouse liquor store just to find one that is still around a 3 ABV and that would be it?

Good luck finding one at a bar on tap though here! It doesn't exist. I blame it on the IPA trend.

I went to a baseball game the other week and got an 805, because basically everything cost the same and it was the best that they had. The guy running the taps made sure to ask me and my dad (who I had with me) if we wanted "that 805 IPA". No sir, no.

I'm poor as hell and don't claim to know everything, and I drink my share of cheap beer, but that doesn't mean that everything else is an "IPA".

Sorry I will rant on beer!