Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1173054939561639938/photo/1

Beautiful. :allears:

Also K-State beat Mississippi State and deserves to be ranked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Today's positives:
  • SPARTY NOOOOO
  • BYU beats USC
  • The aforementioned El Assico
  • UCF curb-stomps Stanford
  • Florida State is a losing team
  • Nebraska actually looked good against a team they should beat (kicking game still sucks though)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Personally insulted by the east coast bias of an "aftermath" thread with top-25 action still happening in God's Own Football Timezone.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It’s Week 3, not Week 2.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Qwijib0 posted:

Personally insulted by the east coast bias of an "aftermath" thread with top-25 action still happening in God's Own Football Timezone.

The aftermath thread should go up after the first game of the week and I was sadly delinquent in my duty on that front already.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Edward Mass posted:

It’s Week 3, not Week 2.

Goddammit.

See, this is the kind of incompetence that you all have to deal with when I'm making threads

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I appreciate your desire for more college football

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Strobe posted:

The aftermath thread should go up after the first game of the week and I was sadly delinquent in my duty on that front already.

fair.

Things I learned this week

Colonel Sanders is an Arizona Fan

https://twitter.com/CorkGaines/status/1173081227936616454

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

a fine weekend of football

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake Forest owns and will probably be ranked at some point this year.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress Stanford and everyone that ever went there

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
All hail Pat Narduzzi, king of the self own.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Also gently caress Georgia Tech. The Citadel should not under any circumstance have nice things

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I've been so spoiled over the years... Tech's oc, David Yost just isn't very good.

Really feels like the offense is either verts or screens and every moment they cross the 50, they switch to 4 verts, chuck it deep, and kill any momentum they may have built.

28-14 is hard when you're used to losing 56-49...

Ah well, can stop being curious... Matt Wells football is not very interesting.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
How in the ever-loving gently caress do get gifted 60 yards and three sets of downs and still not score? That was the most awe-inspiring extended demonstration of spectacular failure I have ever witnessed in organized sport, and as a life long fan of UF I've witnessed some real whoppers

Shame about Franks but Trask put on a hell of a show. Dude was slinging thunderbolts from snap 1.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 15, 2019

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I am so loving excited for Clean Old Fashioned hate this year

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas-Okie Lite looking like it’s gonna be a fun shootout

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Just want to throw it out there that, after our victory over the Sadness U. "Byes", Rutgers is still managing to not have sole possession of the worst record in the Big Ten. Keep the basement warm for us, fellas!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kyle Trask is my favorite gators QB

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Feleipe was my special qb and I’m still sad about his injury

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1173047498144808960

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I am so loving excited for Clean Old Fashioned hate this year

I don’t know if we can recreate 220-0 in modern football but god drat do I want Kirby to try.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Well, that Kentucky-Florida game sure was a familiar story...

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Willie's a tough mistake for FSU. I wonder who's coaching the Noles in 2021.

No one wants to see Franks injured but I am liking Trask so far. The Great White Hope. I thought I was pale...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m afraid to talk about the Michigan State game because I’m on the verge of going full Stephen A. Thankfully after the game I immediately left to go see Slayer and forget what I had just wasted 3.5 hours on.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 15, 2019

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Brent Venables is underpaid.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/paulbmurphy/status/1173054079762915328

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
tua tagovailoa stats thru 3 weeks:

70-91 for 1,007 yards
12 TDs (13 total)
0 INTs

:bsloppy:
trevor lawrence
59-97 for 831
5 TDs
5 Ints
:bsloppy:

Scionix fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 15, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you’re not on the Trask Train you’re gonna get run over on our way to a Natty.

We still have a few bandwagon spots but get em now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is how BTN’s highlight package shows the winning touchdown for Minnesota:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Florida's OL still cannot run block. This is a big problem for a Dan Mullen team in general. This becomes a bigger problem now that Florida's opponents don't have to account for Franks, who became a respectable, if awkward runner. Since Florida can't run the ball, and their best players on offense are WRs, Florida relied on a short passing game. Kyle Trask was able to execute this while Franks couldn't. That being said, Trask's decision-making was questionable at times and Kentucky should've picked him off once. And Dan Mullen cannot stop calling QB Power so expect to see Emory Jones here and there.

Kentucky absolutely has Todd Grantham figured out, going back to Grantham's time at Louisville. They had the right idea to expose Florida's LBs in coverage, and Kentucky's OL soaked up Grantham's blitzing. Shawn Davis stepping up as the second safety has solved a question coming into the season. Marco Wilson should stay another year, as the dude has just been burnt crisp in both non-cupcake games this year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Florida's OL still cannot run block. This is a big problem for a Dan Mullen team in general. This becomes a bigger problem now that Florida's opponents don't have to account for Franks, who became a respectable, if awkward runner. Since Florida can't run the ball, and their best players on offense are WRs, Florida relied on a short passing game. Kyle Trask was able to execute this while Franks couldn't. That being said, Trask's decision-making was questionable at times and Kentucky should've picked him off once. And Dan Mullen cannot stop calling QB Power so expect to see Emory Jones here and there.

Kentucky absolutely has Todd Grantham figured out, going back to Grantham's time at Louisville. They had the right idea to expose Florida's LBs in coverage, and Kentucky's OL soaked up Grantham's blitzing. Shawn Davis stepping up as the second safety has solved a question coming into the season. Marco Wilson should stay another year, as the dude has just been burnt crisp in both non-cupcake games this year.

LSU and UGA are going to absolutely murder us.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

kayakyakr posted:

I've been so spoiled over the years... Tech's oc, David Yost just isn't very good.

As a Mizzou fan, I feel your pain. He was really bad toward the end here. He apparently was good at Utah State after, so I dunno what happened.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wait how did Georgia tech lose? How bad are they jesus

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Strobe posted:

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1173054939561639938/photo/1

Beautiful. :allears:

Also K-State beat Mississippi State and deserves to be ranked.

https://twitter.com/HawkeyeFootball/status/1173054962810724352?s=19

Metapod posted:

Wait how did Georgia tech lose? How bad are they jesus

They're gonna be really bad for a bit because they're shifting out of the triple

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Trying to decide if last night falls under top 5 dumbest ways ISU has lost a game or not. I think it squeaks in.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
This is 3 years in a row Kentucky was the better team, but in 2 of the 3 couldn't get out of it's own way. Backup quarterbacks are kryptonite for this team. I still blame not trying to score at the end of the first half, that was the first sign of once again playing not to lose instead of trying to go win the game. I liked going for it on 4th down, but not the right play call or personnel, Smoke would have better there instead of Rose. Also, I hate that it came down to the leg of a true freshman kicker.

The targetting calls though. Stoops actually walked out of his press conference he was so frustrated, and I think he just had to walk away before he said something about the refs that would get him fined. Especially the last one on the QB, who spun into the defender with his head ducked down. The DE was just trying to make a tackle, and their heads ran into each other. What is he supposed to do, he can't change his momentum mid tackle. There has got to be some kind of leeway for incidental hits like that. That call flipped the field 30 yards because it also wiped out the sack. There was still plenty Kentucky could have done to not blow the lead, but that was a game changing call.

Trying to find some positives, our O line is legit, Sawyer Smith made some mistakes (a couple really bad ones) but looked pretty good considering it's his first start against a P5 team, Kavosiey Smoke is the RB of the future and might supplant Rose as the starter at some point this year, and we might have the best punter in college football.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Arizona State

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

MourningView posted:

They're gonna be really bad for a bit because they're shifting out of the triple

cowardice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

3-0 and unranked while the big ten gets embarrassed by sparty, penn state, and maryland, shameful