Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas-Okie Lite looking like it’s gonna be a fun shootout

Texas hasnt beat OSU at home since 2009.

Please for the love of god, let that streak end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Sab0921 posted:

Texas hasnt beat OSU at home since 2009.

Please for the love of god, let that streak end.

The 2015 game in particular haunts me to this day.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What an amazing day of college football :allears:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Thermos H Christ posted:

The 2015 game in particular haunts me to this day.

The flags keep flying.

2017 when a clearly concussed Sam Ehlinger was still in the game in OT was pretty lovely too.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

This is 3 years in a row Kentucky was the better team, but in 2 of the 3 couldn't get out of it's own way. Backup quarterbacks are kryptonite for this team. I still blame not trying to score at the end of the first half, that was the first sign of once again playing not to lose instead of trying to go win the game. I liked going for it on 4th down, but not the right play call or personnel, Smoke would have better there instead of Rose. Also, I hate that it came down to the leg of a true freshman kicker.

The targetting calls though. Stoops actually walked out of his press conference he was so frustrated, and I think he just had to walk away before he said something about the refs that would get him fined. Especially the last one on the QB, who spun into the defender with his head ducked down. The DE was just trying to make a tackle, and their heads ran into each other. What is he supposed to do, he can't change his momentum mid tackle. There has got to be some kind of leeway for incidental hits like that. That call flipped the field 30 yards because it also wiped out the sack. There was still plenty Kentucky could have done to not blow the lead, but that was a game changing call.

Trying to find some positives, our O line is legit, Sawyer Smith made some mistakes (a couple really bad ones) but looked pretty good considering it's his first start against a P5 team, Kavosiey Smoke is the RB of the future and might supplant Rose as the starter at some point this year, and we might have the best punter in college football.

Also realize that Wagner has first round NFL potential with that OL and Sawyer not making Feliepe Franks mistakes

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Glad Clemson dominated per the scoreboard but gently caress that game felt so much closer than it was.

GT bad. VT bad. NCST bad. BC bad. ACC bad :smith:

Also El Assico ended the only way it could have...

Scarf fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 15, 2019

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scarf posted:

Glad Clemson dominated per the scoreboard but gently caress that game felt so much closer than it was.

GT bad. VT bad. NCST bad. ACC bad :smith:

Also El Assico ended the only way it could have...

Heaven help the ACC once Trevor breaks out of his sophomore slump.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Gameday will be in Athens. We are so hosed. :smith:

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

LLCoolJD posted:

Heaven help the ACC once Trevor breaks out of his sophomore slump.

Nah, we're saving that for the Playoffs again.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's been three days and mood is the same: Jayhawks, bitch.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

vyst posted:

Also realize that Wagner has first round NFL potential with that OL and Sawyer not making Feliepe Franks mistakes

poo poo how did I forget Wagner. When he's not drawing DPI penalties he's doing things like this: https://mobile.twitter.com/UKFootball/status/1173027822883024899

Yet another amazing Kentucky moment overshadowed by a loss. Boom Williams' run in the first OT before the play clock controversy at Florida a few years ago. Jared Lorenzen's drive to score the late TD against LSU before the miracle. Sean Woods' shot with 2 seconds left before the Laettner shot. drat, now I'm sad again.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

On one hand, Iowa State lost in the most Iowa state way possible. On the other hand, that was almost peak El Assico, and the game got a ton of national attention so there might be some hype going into next year. Any attention is good attention...or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

poo poo how did I forget Wagner. When he's not drawing DPI penalties he's doing things like this: https://mobile.twitter.com/UKFootball/status/1173027822883024899

Yet another amazing Kentucky moment overshadowed by a loss. Boom Williams' run in the first OT before the play clock controversy at Florida a few years ago. Jared Lorenzen's drive to score the late TD against LSU before the miracle. Sean Woods' shot with 2 seconds left before the Laettner shot. drat, now I'm sad again.

Super happy for Wagner; he'd be in the NFL already if he'd stuck with football out of high school. Wish Iowa had been able to keep him, he'd probably be our starting tight end this year

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Whoever was the NCAA video game sign guy here, congrats on being Instagram famous for the day.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Wait how did Georgia tech lose? How bad are they jesus

They lost to a triple option team lmaooooook

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I am so loving excited for Clean Old Fashioned hate this year
Saban should protest that UGA gets to play a cupcake the week before the SEC Championship game.

oh man the Jackets are really bad this year

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They lost to a triple option team lmaooooook

They scored a touchdown to go ahead in the final minute but it was called back because GT also called a timeout right before the snap

Then didn't score in overtime

AAAAAAAAAAA

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

N1: Injuries aside, TCU held Purdue's offense to 3 rushing yards until garbage time.

V1: I think this d unit could be something special, and I hope it isn't wasted by point 2.

N2: Duggan is slowly winning the frontrunner position at QB. Patterson is still wanting to start Delton for some ungodly reason.

V2: Gary wtf

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Kelly Bryant was dropping some absolute dimes yesterday in the highlights I was watching. A truly beautiful thing

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mike_V posted:

Kelly Bryant was dropping some absolute dimes yesterday in the highlights I was watching. A truly beautiful thing

Where is he now?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Where is he now?

Mizzou.

Gonna be real fun watching him destroy our secondary later this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

From what I can tell he's amazing in a clean pocket, and....shall we say questionable under pressure.

I figure there'll probably be more pressure in games against non-SEMO teams.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Grittybeard posted:

From what I can tell he's amazing in a clean pocket, and....shall we say questionable under pressure.

I figure there'll probably be more pressure in games against non-SEMO teams.

That's very kind of you... But the more realistic description is that he panics like a motherfucker once the pocket collapses.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: Steven Montez sucks
Views: classic example of a guy with NFL physical ability combined with a 10 cent brain. He regularly makes the kind of mistakes you expect from a true freshman along with absolutely no pocket presence or ability to go through progressions and he's a 5th year senior that has started for 3 years. it's mindblowing

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 15, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao first non-conference win since 2017 go cats

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
News: AP and Coaches Poll is out for this week

Views: Where are my loving Wildcats, AP? :argh:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Florida unchanged in both lol

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

My Gators are a :airquote: Top 10 team :airquote:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LLCoolJD posted:

My Gators are a :airquote: Top 10 team :airquote:
weird, it must be the beginning of every season since '95

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Florida still being a Top 10 team is the surest possible proof that nobody actually watches what happens in these games and only cares about 'won game? Y/N'

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

kayakyakr posted:

I've been so spoiled over the years... Tech's oc, David Yost just isn't very good.

Really feels like the offense is either verts or screens and every moment they cross the 50, they switch to 4 verts, chuck it deep, and kill any momentum they may have built.

28-14 is hard when you're used to losing 56-49...

Ah well, can stop being curious... Matt Wells football is not very interesting.

Are we officially a basketball school now 😣

Anyways, Bowman looked way off that whole game. Not sure what the deal was there. Not looking real excited about the rest of the season rn

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

weird, it must be the beginning of every season since '95

It's amazing that you recently recovered from an eight-year-long coma. I am glad that you are on the mend.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

the mean lunch lady posted:

As a Mizzou fan, I feel your pain. He was really bad toward the end here. He apparently was good at Utah State after, so I dunno what happened.

I mean, this is the most "rivals" insult ever, but it's a HS offense. It's really good at putting up points and yards against a poor defense and really bad at putting up points against a defense with actual talent.

Post Mizzou, he's combined his very monotone playcalling (8 rushes in a row then 8 passes in a row?) and simple playbook (mostly verts and screens with 3 running plays and 2 RPO's) with Leach's deep-to-shallow QB read philosophy.

All this means that we get some momentum with the dink & dunk and run game and then either the other team blows up a screen or RB for a loss because they guessed right. Then we switch over to chucking up low-percentage bombs, or we decide to switch to chucking up low-percentage bombs as soon as we cross a threshold in the field no matter the down.

So the QB was struggling: pressure was coming up the middle and he made a couple of bad reads early. Yost didn't really adjust to any of these things.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m afraid to talk about the Michigan State game because I’m on the verge of going full Stephen A. Thankfully after the game I immediately left to go see Slayer and forget what I had just wasted 3.5 hours on.

I would've accepted a loss in that game to go see Slayer again, so I think you had a better Saturday.

That said, a college friend of mine sent me: "An ancient ASU proverb says that to be truly bad, you must first be falsely good." That's historically proved to be true. We're often ranked early in the season, not so often at the end. We've cracked the top 25, so it's time to wait for the wheels to fall off. Go Devils.

Glasses Optional
Apr 23, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't go into work tomorrow and face all the Hawkeye fans. Do yall think I have a legit excuse to miss work as a Iowa State fan?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Glasses Optional posted:

I can't go into work tomorrow and face all the Hawkeye fans. Do yall think I have a legit excuse to miss work as a Iowa State fan?

Come in two hours late and if anyone asks what happened just say “oh I ran into someone on the way in” and they’ll laugh so hard they can’t talk for the rest of the day

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm annoyed by those rankings. K-State should be in both polls (and higher) and BYU should be in the 20-25 range as well.

Florida, Michigan, and Penn State are all hilariously overrated.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fire taggart

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

Come in two hours late and if anyone asks what happened just say “oh I ran into someone on the way in” and they’ll laugh so hard they can’t talk for the rest of the day

:sbahj:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dango Bango posted:

I'm annoyed by those rankings. K-State should be in both polls (and higher) and BYU should be in the 20-25 range as well.

Florida, Michigan, and Penn State are all hilariously overrated.

I don’t know about BYU- they got their poo poo pushed in in a rivalry game at home (granted, Utah is probably very good) and got close wins against a suspect USC and an extremely suspect Tennessee. If you put them in the top 25 I’m not going to argue, but I’m also not writing my senator if they’re left out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

DC Murderverse posted:

:iceburn:

I lol'd IRL. Bravo.