Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glasses Optional
Apr 23, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DC Murderverse posted:

Come in two hours late and if anyone asks what happened just say “oh I ran into someone on the way in” and they’ll laugh so hard they can’t talk for the rest of the day

Lol that may actually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gameday coming to Athens for the first time since 2013, which — despite the Dawgs' proclivity for spotlight-induced pants-making GBS threads — was a UGA win. 44-41 over LSU, one of the better games in Sanford history.

More importantly for long-term outcomes, though, that same weekend Butch Jones got in a monster truck and did donuts all over the Neyland Stadium turf in preparation for the Vols' game the next week.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
in case anyone is wondering alabama fans are convinced we are going to lose 2+ games because we can't run power and USC had like 6 yards a pass

drat, rip this season

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

LLCoolJD posted:

My Gators are a :airquote: Top 10 team :airquote:

it’s too early to really rate the teams but assuming we ignore injuries i don’t know that there’s much difference between florida and the ten or so teams immediately following them

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s too early to really rate the teams but assuming we ignore injuries i don’t know that there’s much difference between florida and the ten or so teams immediately following them

I agree, K-State should clearly be in the Top 10.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Georgia officially a 12.5 point favorite over ND but I have the feeling it is going to end up being a lot closer than that in actuality.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Every team appears fallible. It's great.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Strobe posted:

Florida still being a Top 10 team is the surest possible proof that nobody actually watches what happens in these games and only cares about 'won game? Y/N'

I've been saying this about Michigan for a couple of years, so yes.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Pitt/PSU was literally such a bad display of football that I apologized to my gf for making her watch it. Complete rear end. Her first PSU home game too. Great weekend of campfires and tailgating, at least.

On the other hand, I was worried about Maryland in two weeks until I saw the Temple score :lol:

Pitt's QB had a big game despite a few terrible decisions. I think they have a chance to build a good offense around him. Not, like, this year. But eventually.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This was maybe the most Big Ten week I've ever seen in the Big Ten. They absolutely brought everyone down with them as well. Maryland-Temple was staggeringly incompetent and then MSU-ASU even moreso. Narduzzi looks like the dumbest coach ever and Penn State could barely beat him. Illinois' secondary got bossed by Eastern Michigan. El Assico was El Assico. Northwestern struggled against UNLV.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Henchman of Santa posted:

This was maybe the most Big Ten week I've ever seen in the Big Ten. They absolutely brought everyone down with them as well. Maryland-Temple was staggeringly incompetent and then MSU-ASU even moreso. Narduzzi looks like the dumbest coach ever and Penn State could barely beat him. Illinois' secondary got bossed by Eastern Michigan. El Assico was El Assico. Northwestern struggled against UNLV.

on the bright side, Michigan looked better than they did during their first two weeks

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Glasses Optional posted:

I can't go into work tomorrow and face all the Hawkeye fans. Do yall think I have a legit excuse to miss work as a Iowa State fan?

Say you were walking out the door, but then your roommate inexplicably ran into you and knocked your keys away.

(wow ... beaten like a ... you know what? you've suffered enough)

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 16, 2019

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

KKKLIP ART posted:

Georgia officially a 12.5 point favorite over ND but I have the feeling it is going to end up being a lot closer than that in actuality.

I wouldn't worry about it.

They've killed more promising students in the last 30 years than had meaningful football victories.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah Ohio State is gonna stomp everyone again, it stinks

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Scionix posted:

in case anyone is wondering alabama fans are convinced we are going to lose 2+ games because we can't run power and USC had like 6 yards a pass

drat, rip this season

it was kind of amazing. Alabama looked like poo poo in a lot of ways on Saturday, but Tua kept it from being a contest without breaking a sweat.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
oh my god they had 300 yards passing on loving 60+ attempts

we're finished

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Playoffs:
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State
Georgia/Alabama

Honorable mentions: LSU, Texas

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Scionix posted:

oh my god they had 300 yards passing on loving 60+ attempts

we're finished

You guys and freshman QBs. Ooof!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

DC Murderverse posted:

on the bright side, Michigan looked better than they did during their first two weeks

:hmmyes:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

Please Georgia get them out of the playoff conversation early this year. I still don't understand how Notre Dame's scheduling agreement with the ACC seems to exclude the competent ACC team.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Please Georgia get them out of the playoff conversation early this year. I still don't understand how Notre Dame's scheduling agreement with the ACC seems to exclude the competent ACC team.

It's dumb. We travel up there next year.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Virginia will beat them.

I don't actually believe this.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Virginia could beat them. Maybe.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Jalen Hurts is 49/61 for 880 yards and 9 touchdowns. He's also got 373 rushing yards on 38 carries for 4 touchdowns. It's going to own so hard when he wins a Heisman.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Jalen Hurts is 49/61 for 880 yards and 9 touchdowns. He's also got 373 rushing yards on 38 carries for 4 touchdowns. It's going to own so hard when he wins a Heisman.

Counter-point: Joe Bourrow is 75/90 for 1,122 and 11 TDs (2 INTs) and a rushing TD.

Also: Sam Ehlinger is 82/112 for 956 yards and 11 touchdowns, plus 112 yards rushing with a TD.

Edit: Goddamn, Tua is a having a crazy year too. 70/91 for 1,007 and 12 TDs and a rushing TD.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Its amazing how much better he is with someone who know how offense works

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Ohio State @ Nebraska was just announced as a primetime game on ABC. For the love of God, Game day, please do not come to Lincoln.

That said, if it happens, I'll try to make it to Lincoln with a wheez sign.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Its amazing how much better he is with someone who know how offense works

He was really good last year when he played too!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Seaniqua posted:

Ohio State @ Nebraska was just announced as a primetime game on ABC. For the love of God, Game day, please do not come to Lincoln.

That said, if it happens, I'll try to make it to Lincoln with a wheez sign.

It's either that or Wazzu @ Utah, bc nothing else looks very interesting. Well, aside from UVA @ ND and I can't imagine them doing an ND game two weeks in a row.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Tua for Heisman! Or Jalen, that'd be good too.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

If Hurts wins then the OU voting block is going to get pretty beastly.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The Heisman is an Oklahoma playoffs participation trophy and should be ended

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
N: Sparty no!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2019/09/15/pac-12-acknowledges-officiating-error-end-asu-upset-michigan/2338869001/

V: Pac-12 and Big XII still trying to compete to have the worst refs.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Good thing Penn State has a bye week to prepare for Maryland. Maryland isn't as frightening as they seemed now that they lost to Temple, but Penn State's offense is seriously dysfunctional. The defense is good, I don't worry too much about it. But the offense has loads of talent and hardly separated itself from Pitt. Outside of one good drive in the 3rd quarter, the offensive playcalling was just horrendous. Even after that solid, balanced TD drive, Noah Cain never came in again. Penn State has 4 RBs right now. Two redshirt freshman and two true freshman. They are trying to rotate this committee to keep them all interested, but the reality is that at least one or two will transfer. They need to pick two RBs to play full time. I think everyone who has watched the first three games knows which two that is.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I was talking with a coworker about whether Chip Kelly would make it to the end of the season with UCLA, so we looked up his buyout. He is owed $9 mil flat if he is fired at any time before the end of his 4th season.

:lol: They're stuck with him for another 2 and a half years

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Komet posted:

Good thing Penn State has a bye week to prepare for Maryland. Maryland isn't as frightening as they seemed now that they lost to Temple, but Penn State's offense is seriously dysfunctional.

Having endured the Muschamp and McElwain tenures at Florida, you have my sympathy. Even though I doubt you have felt the true pain of outright incompetence.

Was Joe Moorhead the secret sauce?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Glumslinger posted:

I was talking with a coworker about whether Chip Kelly would make it to the end of the season with UCLA, so we looked up his buyout. He is owed $9 mil flat if he is fired at any time before the end of his 4th season.

UCLA would be foolish not to give him every opportunity to succeed at this point. If he can't make it work there, then who the hell are they going to get that will?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Joe Moorhead.

But also Saquon Barkley.

The Penn State OC is sometimes brilliant and sometimes infuriatingly predictable. We can go from last year's exciting Ohio State game where Trace McSorley has like 500 yards of offense to beating Rutgers by only two touchdowns or whatever. Playcalling is really inconsistent, and it's difficult to know whether the OC is the root of the problem or whether it's because our offensive line never seems to improve even though we have been starting to recruit 4* talent the last few years. A coach like James Franklin doesn't have to be the most brilliant X's and O's guy to put together a championship team. He's more of a program CEO type of coach, which is fine for college football. But he needs to surround himself with coordinators and position coaches that are extremely adept. The defensive coaching is great, but the offense is still questionable.

Edit: This year's defense is probably the best and deepest top to bottom that Franklin has had. It'll be good enough to keep Penn State in almost every game, but if the offense can't sustain drives against teams like Iowa or Michigan State (teams with overall less talent), the defense will simply wear out late in the game, and Penn State will lose. Penn State could win 6 games. Or 10. It's hard to say, really.

Komet fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 16, 2019

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm curious when this ridiculous buyout trend will end. Bunch of schools stuck with their staffs just because the AD can't negotiate worth crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

I'm curious when this ridiculous buyout trend will end. Bunch of schools stuck with their staffs just because the AD can't negotiate worth crap.

When the cable sports bubble collapses. At least the Big Ten will always have Rutgers to remind them of the good times.