Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Strobe posted:

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1173054939561639938/photo/1

Beautiful. :allears:

Also K-State beat Mississippi State and deserves to be ranked.

https://twitter.com/HawkeyeFootball/status/1173054962810724352?s=19

Metapod posted:

Wait how did Georgia tech lose? How bad are they jesus

They're gonna be really bad for a bit because they're shifting out of the triple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

poo poo how did I forget Wagner. When he's not drawing DPI penalties he's doing things like this: https://mobile.twitter.com/UKFootball/status/1173027822883024899

Yet another amazing Kentucky moment overshadowed by a loss. Boom Williams' run in the first OT before the play clock controversy at Florida a few years ago. Jared Lorenzen's drive to score the late TD against LSU before the miracle. Sean Woods' shot with 2 seconds left before the Laettner shot. drat, now I'm sad again.

Super happy for Wagner; he'd be in the NFL already if he'd stuck with football out of high school. Wish Iowa had been able to keep him, he'd probably be our starting tight end this year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

This was maybe the most Big Ten week I've ever seen in the Big Ten. They absolutely brought everyone down with them as well. Maryland-Temple was staggeringly incompetent and then MSU-ASU even moreso. Narduzzi looks like the dumbest coach ever and Penn State could barely beat him. Illinois' secondary got bossed by Eastern Michigan. El Assico was El Assico. Northwestern struggled against UNLV.

Yeah Ohio State is gonna stomp everyone again, it stinks

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Its amazing how much better he is with someone who know how offense works

He was really good last year when he played too!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kill is a pretty decent coach who absolutely should not be coaching football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Making it harder for your teams to make the playoff because your mad about being left out of the playoff is some very Bob Bowlsby poo poo

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 16, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dalmuti posted:

clangas will assure you that joe moorhead is not the secret sauce right about now

They seemed fine when Stevens was healthy. And they were pretty good last year, they just had a brutal schedule and he inherited a QB who couldn't pass at all

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thermos H Christ posted:

But it wasn’t a matter of trying to have it both ways, that’s how champions were always determined in traditional round robin tournaments. Split titles were just a thing, historically. And the conference couldn’t very well change the rules and strip a team of their shared conference title contrary to the rules established at the beginning. So anyway, now we have a championship game.

God drat though 2014 TCU was so good, so much better than they had any right to be. Sure they dropped that one game to Baylor by a field goal in one of the most awesome, most Big 12 games ever (61-58!!!) but I mean the Ohio State team that rolled through Oregon and Bama in the playoff had lost to a poo poo Virginia Tech team and been less impressive through most of the season.

I mean part of the appeal of round robin is that you have a guaranteed very obvious tiebreaker in this scenario. Wasn't that kind of the whole point of all the smug One True Champion advertising poo poo?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you're looking for old games Bill Connelly used to do a game of the year countdown for SBNation every year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thermos H Christ posted:

lol no that was the season before when Baylor were the undisputed champs and their reward was having to play UCF while also-rans Oklahoma and Texas got bowls against Bama and Oregon, respectively. After they got left out of the playoff Baylor went to the Cotton Bowl and lost to Sparty 42-41. TCU beat Ole Miss 42-3 in the Peach Bowl.

What made it really egregious was that TCU was #3 as a 10-1 team in the second-to-last committee rankings, with 11-1 Ohio State at #5. TCU got dropped from #3 to #6 for beating Iowa State 55-3.

OSU beat 13th ranked Wisconsin 59-0 that same week and god I cannot believe people are still having this argument

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They hate our lights paaaaawwwwwllllll

https://twitter.com/JTalty/status/1174334584810553346?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

aaaaahahahahahaha holy poo poo

Can someone dig up the Michigan Man blog post? I feel like someone here wrote it and it contained at least one solemn reference to a Bo Schembechler quote as if it was scripture. I don't remember much more about it but it had a similar air of exceptionalism that's so hysterical to see.

I'm not gonna repost every AsInHowe post for you that seems like a lot of work

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Florida fan trying to mock someone else's choice of shorts smh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

I mean if they give him the choice of any brewery under the InBev umbrella... hell of a deal. They've bought out some fantastic breweries in the last few years.

And then mostly kind of wrecked them (e: golden road was pre-wrecked though, they can keep that one)

Anyway it's gonna be Busch Light, whose inexplicable popularity in Iowa has become a dumb meme that prompted the whole thing in the first place.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 19, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He took a few years to get going at Wazzu but Wazzu's previous coach had also gone 9-40 so there was a lot of rebuilding to do. He's at least shown he can build a program and also he can probably correctly identify most common vegetables

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

There are games every Thursday from tonight through the rest of the season.

They definitely mostly stopped putting anything that might be interesting to a casual fan on Thursdays though. I assume it's a little of both. They don't want to upset one of their most valuable partners and they probably also think whatever they put on is most likely getting stomped in the ratings by the NFL so they don't want to waste a bigger game there. It sucks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Democrazy posted:

I’m still blown away whenever I think about how Minnesota is 3-0 after that stretch of OOC games they had. Those are three teams that can punch above their own weight.

That AD is an idiot for giving Fleck those teams, but he must be doing something right to get past all of them.

I mean they are still teams a decent P5 team should beat and Minnesota was losing in the 4th quarter to all of them. They look due for a pretty significant regression. Their line has been awful.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

Coaching is a bit of a reach

They could make a bowl this year! Probably not after losing to EMU but, like, it's not inconceivable!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

How come Michigan Wisconsin is on at 11 an but illinois is on at 7, couldn't btn take the Wisconsin game

Fox gets the first pick this week and they are trying to turn noon into their marquee timeslot because ESPN was whooping their rear end in primetime most weeks and they think leading into a big game will help their doomed Gameday competitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PostNouveau posted:

Apparently making a funny sign is the most notable thing any Iowan has done in years

The sign has raised like 600k for a children's hospital