Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas-Okie Lite looking like it’s gonna be a fun shootout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Sab0921 posted:

Texas hasnt beat OSU at home since 2009.

Please for the love of god, let that streak end.

The 2015 game in particular haunts me to this day.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Strobe posted:

K-State and OU were co-champions even though K-State beat them head to head. It was and still is bullshit.

I think he meant the inaugural playoff when TCU and Baylor were co-champs and they both got left out in favor of eventual champs tOSU even though they were all one-loss teams at the end of the season and tOSU objectively had the worst loss. I still think TCU would have had a real shot to win it all that year, if they'd been given the chance.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Sab0921 posted:

TCU never should have made it. They lost to Baylor who also had 1 loss. Head to head matters.

Baylor was very clearly the actual Big XII champ, but they had try to have it both ways.

But it wasn’t a matter of trying to have it both ways, that’s how champions were always determined in traditional round robin tournaments. Split titles were just a thing, historically. And the conference couldn’t very well change the rules and strip a team of their shared conference title contrary to the rules established at the beginning. So anyway, now we have a championship game.

God drat though 2014 TCU was so good, so much better than they had any right to be. Sure they dropped that one game to Baylor by a field goal in one of the most awesome, most Big 12 games ever (61-58!!!) but I mean the Ohio State team that rolled through Oregon and Bama in the playoff had lost to a poo poo Virginia Tech team and been less impressive through most of the season.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

General Dog posted:

I am glad the committee ultimately put Baylor at #5 though, and that they get permanent rights to be the more aggrieved party (no, getting stomped by Bortles in the Fiesta doesn't invalidate it)

lol no that was the season before when Baylor were the undisputed champs and their reward was having to play UCF while also-rans Oklahoma and Texas got bowls against Bama and Oregon, respectively. After they got left out of the playoff Baylor went to the Cotton Bowl and lost to Sparty 42-41. TCU beat Ole Miss 42-3 in the Peach Bowl.

What made it really egregious was that TCU was #3 as a 10-1 team in the second-to-last committee rankings, with 11-1 Ohio State at #5. TCU got dropped from #3 to #6 for beating Iowa State 55-3.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 17, 2019

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I really liked 2014 TCU ok

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
https://twitter.com/brentblum/status/1173613077498982401

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO